Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2012, 12:07 PM   #1
funkdot
Earning My Ears

Photopass+ Ride Photos

Can someone explain how the photopass+ works with ride photos? Do I have to wait in line at the ride photos or is there someone there to just scan my card and off I go? I'm really trying to see if it's going to be a hindrance or if it's a good idea.

Any tips for the photopass+ also?

Duff-a-day!

Pirates was better before the movie. GO SOX.
funkdot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:10 PM   #2
dzorn
DIS Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkdot View Post
Can someone explain how the photopass+ works with ride photos? Do I have to wait in line at the ride photos or is there someone there to just scan my card and off I go? I'm really trying to see if it's going to be a hindrance or if it's a good idea.

Any tips for the photopass+ also?
You note your ride photo number, wait in line just as if you were purchasing. they will add it to your card. Get reciept so if it does not show up it can be corrected.

Denise in MI
Off Site, SSR 2014 (with the Marching Band), ASMu,AKV, BLT Aug/Sept 2012, AKV April 2012, BCV/AKV November 2011, BB April 2011, CBR,BCV,BWV Aug/Sept 2010, ASMu,VWL Nov 2009, CSR September 2009, AKV August 2009, CSR April 09 ,AKV/VWL/OKW Feb 09, TL April 08, DCL January 08, POR August 2007, POR May 2006, ASMo May 2005

dzorn is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-11-2012, 12:43 PM   #3
thr33boys
Mouseketeer

Sorry for the hijack but I have a pp+ question too.

Do you have to get it added after each ride, or can you just make note of it and add it later on at a different location? I was thinking of accumulating the codes from various rides and then getting them added all at once - thinking it may save time. I'm not even sure if this is possible? If I can, are there lots of places to get them added?

1st trip - can't you tell!!
thr33boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:47 PM   #4
serene56
DIS Veteran

how crowded is the place to purchase ride photos?

i didnt think many people bought them
Old 09-11-2012, 12:47 PM   #5
funkdot
Earning My Ears

Yeah that's what I'm trying to figure out too. Waiting in line for photos will cut into my waiting in line for everything else time.

Duff-a-day!

Old 09-11-2012, 12:49 PM   #6
funkdot
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by serene56 View Post

Not that it's necessarily crowded, but it does take them a while to get each person's photo printed, packaged and paid for.

Duff-a-day!

Old 09-11-2012, 12:50 PM   #7
smitch425
DIS Veteran

From the Photpass Plus Facebook page...

Q. My family may split up and go on two different Attractions however only one Disney PhotoPass+ card is provided, what can I do?

R. If your family splits up and goes on different Attractions you may save your Ride Stub with the photo # and later on stop by the Attraction to claim the photo with your Disney PhotoPass+ card. Keep in mind that photos are available in our system for only 48 hours after capture; make sure you visit the Attraction to claim your photo within that time period.

Here is the link to the entire FAQ page...

http://www.facebook.com/notes/disney...50650931518325

ETA: You do not get hard copy prints of your ride photo. You only get the digital file added to your Photopass+ card.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:21 PM   #8
mountdew1
DIS Veteran

Last week at DLR, I would say that 2 out of 3 people were using Photopass+ at the ride photo area, and not buying it. I never had more than 2-3 people in front of me in line. The wait seemed no longer than that for a normal Photopass photographer. Not every CM working the photo sales window knew the process, so that would obviously add time.

I do believe that you need to claim the photo at that ride. You should be able to claim it later in the day, but I believe it needs to be at the ride in question, and not others.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:08 PM   #9
dzorn
DIS Addict

You need to add it at each ride.

Denise in MI
Off Site, SSR 2014 (with the Marching Band), ASMu,AKV, BLT Aug/Sept 2012, AKV April 2012, BCV/AKV November 2011, BB April 2011, CBR,BCV,BWV Aug/Sept 2010, ASMu,VWL Nov 2009, CSR September 2009, AKV August 2009, CSR April 09 ,AKV/VWL/OKW Feb 09, TL April 08, DCL January 08, POR August 2007, POR May 2006, ASMo May 2005

dzorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:14 PM   #10
graceesmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thr33boys View Post
Sorry for the hijack but I have a pp+ question too.

Do you have to get it added after each ride, or can you just make note of it and add it later on at a different location? I was thinking of accumulating the codes from various rides and then getting them added all at once - thinking it may save time. I'm not even sure if this is possible? If I can, are there lots of places to get them added?

1st trip - can't you tell!!
You should get it at the ride if possible. One day, I forgot our lanyard in the room and I took the note of the picture #. I asked at the ride what I should do and they said take the number to any photo services location and they would add it as long as it was within 24 hours. So I did just that, but was told when I arrived at Photo services in MK that I had been given incorrect information. You need to take the number BACK TO THE RIDE WHERE YOU PURCHASE PHOTOS within 48 hours. I was able to add the photos from the day I forgot the lanyard, but it was a bit of anxiety trying to make sure I went back by Buzz and Splash within my 48 hour window since we went to a different park on the day in between.
Oct. 10 Poly * March 11 Beach Club * June 12 Grand Floridian *August 12 POR Royal Room and Yacht Club April 26-May 5 2013 CSR and Poly- 1st Time trying Club Level July 2013 Yacht Club January 2014 Animal Kingdom LodgeMarch 2014 Saratoga Springs and Coronado Spring Business Class

UPCOMING: April 2014 Yacht Club

CRUISES August 2013 Disney Dream March 2014 Disney Magic
UPCOMING** November 2014 Disney Fantasy

NEW April/May 2013 Family and Friends at Disney Beautiful Day http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7t7VhbD8do
Summer 2012 WDW Vacation Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cxyUicMy5w
March 2011 WDW Vacation Videohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpjlGPQ_CQ4
May 2010 WDW Celebration Vacation Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tInxvg3qjh4
graceesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:19 PM   #11
graceesmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by serene56 View Post

Before the photopass+ I had only purchased 1 ride photo so I don't have much to compare to in terms of whether the lines are longer now or not, but at several rides in June, there were lots of people in line. The frustrating thing was that several groups in front of me would just be looking and oohing and ahhing over their ride photos and then debating with their group about whether to purchase one -- and of course in the end decide not to. I just wanted to get my lanyard scanned.

Perhaps it was just the time of year or I just was the unlucky person to get in line behind these groups, but it was particularly long at Splash, EE and Tower or Terror. Now I don't mean 30 minutes or anything, but perhaps 10 minutes.
Oct. 10 Poly * March 11 Beach Club * June 12 Grand Floridian *August 12 POR Royal Room and Yacht Club April 26-May 5 2013 CSR and Poly- 1st Time trying Club Level July 2013 Yacht Club January 2014 Animal Kingdom LodgeMarch 2014 Saratoga Springs and Coronado Spring Business Class

UPCOMING: April 2014 Yacht Club

CRUISES August 2013 Disney Dream March 2014 Disney Magic
UPCOMING** November 2014 Disney Fantasy

NEW April/May 2013 Family and Friends at Disney Beautiful Day http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7t7VhbD8do
Summer 2012 WDW Vacation Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cxyUicMy5w
March 2011 WDW Vacation Videohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpjlGPQ_CQ4
May 2010 WDW Celebration Vacation Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tInxvg3qjh4
graceesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:13 PM   #12
thr33boys
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by graceesmom

You should get it at the ride if possible. One day, I forgot our lanyard in the room and I took the note of the picture #. I asked at the ride what I should do and they said take the number to any photo services location and they would add it as long as it was within 24 hours. So I did just that, but was told when I arrived at Photo services in MK that I had been given incorrect information. You need to take the number BACK TO THE RIDE WHERE YOU PURCHASE PHOTOS within 48 hours. I was able to add the photos from the day I forgot the lanyard, but it was a bit of anxiety trying to make sure I went back by Buzz and Splash within my 48 hour window since we went to a different park on the day in between.
Thanks so much for the info
Old 09-11-2012, 09:36 PM   #13
stormer
DIS Veteran

We used PP+ the last week in August. We got a ton of ride photos. Most of the time, the line was very quick. We rode Space Mountain three times and two times the photo line was long (about 6 or 7 minutes of waiting). One of the times we rode Buzz the line was long. I must have waited at least ten minutes. It seemed like a million people were getting pictures that time and they had a million questions. All of the other times it was very quick. If you know you are riding a ride more than once you can get the photos added after the last time you ride that day. For example, we rode EE 5 or 6 times at rope drop. Each time I got off I had the CM write the photo number down for me. After we rode for the last time I went to the photo desk and gave them all of the papers and they added all of my EE photos at once. We have never bought ride photos before, but I am so glad we did the PP+. I love how the ride photos came!
October 1994 Port Orleans / October 1996 Caribbean Beach Resort / October 1999 Off site / October 2004 Contemporary Resort / October 2006 Animal Kingdom Lodge / August 2007 Port Orleans Riverside / April 2008 Saratoga Springs Villas & Wilderness Lodge Villas/ October 2008 Old Key West / February 2009 Polynesian Resort / August 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village/ February 2010 Carribbean Beach Resort / August 2010 Bay Lake Tower / February 2011 Grand Floridian and Beach Club Villas / August 2011 Boardwalk Villas / August 2012 Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village/ February 2013 Coronado Springs / August 2013 Boardwalk Villas / February 2014 Coronado Springs
stormer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
photo, photopass

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: