Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > DIS Adventures by Disney Trips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2012, 03:47 PM   #1
DisneyKevin
Kelvis
Above the Pearls Below the Crown

Such a tease!

DISboards Moderator

Dis Exclusive Spirit of America 5/24 - 5/31/13

Join us as the Dis goes to the place where our country was born.

The Dis is offering an exclusive Spirit of America Adventure to May 24th - 31st 2013.

We will travel to Philadelphia, Washington D.C., Monticello and Gettysburg.

Trip Highlights Include:

Philadelphia Tour by Trolley -nHop on board a trolley for a privately guided Philadelphia tour and feel the stir of historic majesty when you visit the Liberty Bell.

Visit Mount Vernon - Get a taste of colonial American history at the Mount Vernon Inn. Enjoy a meal from authentic colonial recipes where the décor is straight out of the 18th century and the staff is attired in period dress. Enjoy a meal from authentic colonial recipes.

Kayak on the Potomac River - Feel the freedom as your kayak glides over this rippling river on a privately guided tour of this famous, mid-Atlantic waterway.

Monticello - Situated on a mountaintop outside Charlottesville on a 5,000-acre plantation, this historic house was designed and built by Thomas Jefferson, the principal author of the Declaration of Independence and third president of the United States. Glimpse the life of this intellectual giant in the halls of his estate home.

Explore Gettysburg with a Costumed Guide - Discover the history of this extraordinary city with a guide in period costume. Learn about the famous battle fought there, President Lincoln's immortal speech and what life was like for its citizens, then and now.

Spirit of America Pricing

$2929 per person based on double occupancy
$2789 Child
$4099 Single traveler

If you are interested in this Adventure, please email me at Kevin@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com.

List of Travelers

Mary Jo - Mary Jo
Brenda
Tobi - sayhello
Tom
Erika - EDuke98080
Jason
Tanja
Alan
Anne
Pete - WebmasterPete
Walter - AKAScar

Last edited by DisneyKevin; 01-07-2013 at 04:19 PM.
Old 09-09-2012, 04:30 PM   #2
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Yay! I'm really looking forward to this trip! I've only ever been to DC once, years ago, and it was a quick, one day thing! And I've never been to any of the other area sites. And it's been years since I was a tourist in Philly!

Are others planning on doing pre- or post-days?

Sayhello
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-09-2012, 06:26 PM   #3
wdwscout

DIS Veteran

I am not on this trip, but live so close to Philadelphia that I was hoping we could get a pre-trip meet together if enough people are arriving a day or so early. I just attended the pre-NYC cruise meet that She's a Pirate and GinaMarie put together in New York and we had a terrific time.
If enough people are arriving at least a day ahead, I would be willing to help organize a little DIS meet.

Anyone interested? Anyone arriving early?

Old 09-09-2012, 07:29 PM   #4
EDuke98080
Have a Magical Day!
Survived the 'Sweet Baby Jesus" drive

Location: Western MA home of the Big Y, the Big E and cider donuts

Hi All!

I am Erika, my DH Tom, my DS Jason 19 and my Mom - Tanja are all going on this trip. Jason is a history major and has always wanted to go to DC and I have always wanted to try an ABD trip so this is perfect for our family. We are really looking forward to getting to know everyone and experiencing this awesome itinerary.

Thanks Kevin for starting this thread!

Erika

Treehouse Villas, Dec 11/Jan 12, Treehouse Villas Dec 10/Jan 11, SSR Dec 09/Jan 10, SSR Dec 08/Jan 09, Wonder 3 Night Jan 08, SSR Dec 07/Jan 08, Grand Californian June 2007, SSR March 2007, Omni Dec 06/Jan 07, SSR March 2005, Beach Club / 3 Night Cruise March 2004, Hilton Head Island Easter 2003, Boardwalk Villas March 2002, Boardwalk Villas March 2001

DVC Member 2000
Old 09-10-2012, 02:24 AM   #5
Mary Jo
Techarita
Loves the star on the mountain

DISboards Moderator

Hi everyone,

I've always wanted to visit the East Coast and see such important historical sites, and when this ABD trip came up I immediately signed up. My friend, Brenda, (excellent travel partner, by the way) is also going on this trip.

We both hail from the Los Angeles area.

Linda, a mini-DIS meet sounds like fun.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:00 AM   #6
Sarabi's Cubs
DIS Veteran

Here's a lunch tip for the Mall. The cafeterias in Air and Space, Natural History etc are VERY crowded, but there is a really nice one between the East and West galleries at the National Gallery of Art that had great wraps and salads etc next to a nice waterfall and not crowded at all!

Gettysburg is amazing!

Laurie

Contemporary 1972, Fort Wilderness 7/79, WDW offsite 6/84, WDW offsite 12/89, GF 9/96, BC 11/03, Disneyland offsite 6/05, BC 4/08, YC 1/2010, POR 12/2010, Disney Magic New Year's Cruise 12/2010, DIS Exclusive Knights & Lights ABD 9/11, Easter Dream cruise 4/2012, BWV 10/2012, Kidani 4/2013, DIS Exclusive Once Upon a Fairytale ABD 9/13, Kidani 12/13
Old 09-10-2012, 03:53 PM   #7
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwscout View Post
I am not on this trip, but live so close to Philadelphia that I was hoping we could get a pre-trip meet together if enough people are arriving a day or so early. I just attended the pre-NYC cruise meet that She's a Pirate and GinaMarie put together in New York and we had a terrific time.
If enough people are arriving at least a day ahead, I would be willing to help organize a little DIS meet.

Anyone interested? Anyone arriving early?
I'm game! I'm going to be in town a few days prior to the ABD, visiting family and then getting an early start on my touring!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDuke98080 View Post
Hi All!

I am Erika, my DH Tom, my DS Jason 19 and my Mom - Tanja are all going on this trip. Jason is a history major and has always wanted to go to DC and I have always wanted to try an ABD trip so this is perfect for our family. We are really looking forward to getting to know everyone and experiencing this awesome itinerary.

Thanks Kevin for starting this thread!

Erika
Nice to meet you Erika! Looking forward to getting to know you & your family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Jo View Post
Hi everyone,

I've always wanted to visit the East Coast and see such important historical sites, and when this ABD trip came up I immediately signed up. My friend, Brenda, (excellent travel partner, by the way) is also going on this trip.

We both hail from the Los Angeles area.

Linda, a mini-DIS meet sounds like fun.
I haven't done nearly enough exploration of the East Coast. Looking forward to exploring with y'all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarabi's Cubs View Post
Here's a lunch tip for the Mall. The cafeterias in Air and Space, Natural History etc are VERY crowded, but there is a really nice one between the East and West galleries at the National Gallery of Art that had great wraps and salads etc next to a nice waterfall and not crowded at all!

Gettysburg is amazing!

Laurie
Thanks for the tip! It's always nice to know where the crowds *aren't* on OYO time! Thanks, Laurie!

I have a friend who just went to Gettysburg. She was pretty impressed, too!

Sayhello
Old 09-10-2012, 07:48 PM   #8
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Just thought I'd mention I have a thread going over on the Adventures by Disney board, getting all sorts of ideas & suggestions about places to go & things to do in Philly and the DC area. (For before & after the ABD and OYO time). Come on over & check it out!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2986560

Sayhello
Old 09-16-2012, 08:23 AM   #9
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Wow! I was watching "Sunday Morning" just now, and they had a piece about the Civil War battle of Antietam which was 150 years ago today. And I realized we're going to be at Gettysburg about 4 1/2 weeks before the 150th anniversary of the Battle of Gettysburg! I wonder if anything special will be going on for the Anniversary?

Sayhello
Old 09-18-2012, 06:19 PM   #10
Sarabi's Cubs
DIS Veteran

Tobi,

You might want to check out this site closer to your travel dates:

http://www.gettysburg.travel/150/event.asp?year=2013

(If anything rivals my obsession with British history, it's my obsession with Civil War history)

Laurie

Contemporary 1972, Fort Wilderness 7/79, WDW offsite 6/84, WDW offsite 12/89, GF 9/96, BC 11/03, Disneyland offsite 6/05, BC 4/08, YC 1/2010, POR 12/2010, Disney Magic New Year's Cruise 12/2010, DIS Exclusive Knights & Lights ABD 9/11, Easter Dream cruise 4/2012, BWV 10/2012, Kidani 4/2013, DIS Exclusive Once Upon a Fairytale ABD 9/13, Kidani 12/13
Old 09-18-2012, 08:54 PM   #11
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarabi's Cubs View Post
Tobi,

You might want to check out this site closer to your travel dates:

http://www.gettysburg.travel/150/event.asp?year=2013

(If anything rivals my obsession with British history, it's my obsession with Civil War history)

Laurie
Oh, cool, Laurie!!! Thanks! I'm more of a Revolutionary War obsessee. So I appreciate benefiting from your obsession!

Sayhello
Old 12-04-2012, 03:24 PM   #12
woodleygrrl
As god as my witness, I will never ever be swindled by these thieves at Disney bakeries again.

posted this elsewhere, but would love to help arrange a meet for local people and adventurers here in D.C.

I fancy myself the world foremost authority in DC of where to eat. Would love to help people with any and all dining questions!

Jennifer
Old 12-04-2012, 03:40 PM   #13
Mary Jo
Techarita
Loves the star on the mountain

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodleygrrl View Post
posted this elsewhere, but would love to help arrange a meet for local people and adventurers here in D.C.

I fancy myself the world foremost authority in DC of where to eat. Would love to help people with any and all dining questions!

Jennifer
Wonderful, Jennifer! With such a short time in DC, my friend and I would love ideas on how best to maximize our time.
Old 01-23-2013, 04:43 PM   #14
WebmasterJohn
Genius
Maintains the Big Book of Grievances

DISboards Administrator

Just sent an email to everyone traveling on this Adventure - unfortunately it doesn't look like we will be able to run this as an exclusive departure just for DISUnplugged listeners.

If you do not receive my email - or you have questions - please email me at John@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com

Thanks.

ATTENTION MODS: I have closed this thread but I would like to leave it as a 'sticky' until everyone booked on this trip contacts either Kevin or me with how they want to proceed. I will unstick it once we know everyone has had a chance to see it and has informed us of their plans.

Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: