Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2012, 07:06 AM   #31
rodkenrich
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddee View Post
If course it will run on the Maxx and sg2 neither phone had ICS out of the box. It will also run on jelly bean. Which is my point. The devs are just too lazy to fix the settings for the play store to allow it to be installed on native ICS phone. I can email the apk to who ever wants it for a nexus or the new SG iii phone. I pulled the apk off my droid 1 and installed it on my nexus before I had jelly bean and then updated it to the new version after I rom 'd my phone to run jb4.1
I agree with you whole heartedly - I was able to locate the apk 4 months ago and install it on my VZW Galaxy Nexus which is now on Android 4.1.
Sheraton Safari '00 & '01 - Best Western LBV '00 - Wilderness Lodge '01 - Animal Kingdom Lodge '01 - Caribbean Beach '02 - Hard Rock Hotel '02 - All-Stars Sports '03 - Royal Pacific Hotel '02 & '04 - Sheraton Studio City '04 - Contemporary '05 - Pop Century 1970's '05 - All-Stars Movies '05 - Walt Disney World Swan '06 - Boardwalk Inn '07 - All Star Music Family Suites '07 - All Star Sports '08 - Pop Century 1970's '12
rodkenrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 02:10 PM   #32
scareacuse
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFfan310 View Post
An official response from Disney reached my inbox today:

Hi XXXXXXX,

Thank you for contacting us. We regret that the app is not currently supported on your device running Android 4.0.x (Ice Cream Sandwich); however, please know that we are working diligently to make this title compatible with ICS. Please periodically check Google Play to see if the app will download to your device.

If you have any additional questions, comments or concerns please do not hesitate to let me know. When writing, please include all prior correspondence in your e-mail reply.

Sincerely,

Fred

Disney Mobile Games

Good to hear, but if they don't have it ready for my ICS phone by the last week of September (which is when I'm leaving), I will be crankier than Donald Duck.
I have a HTC Droid Incredible 4G LTE running ICS and the app "downloaded" from Google Play just fine. The problem is when I run it, all I get is a white screen with a single menu option of "Exit". I informed Disney Mobile of this and they gave me the exact same form letter that you received. The only problem is I CAN download it, whereas the form letter is suggesting that not only is it not compatible with ICS, but that I should try again later to see if it is available to be downloaded for my phone...which it already is.
scareacuse is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-20-2012, 02:38 PM   #33
Daddee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scareacuse View Post
I have a HTC Droid Incredible 4G LTE running ICS and the app "downloaded" from Google Play just fine. The problem is when I run it, all I get is a white screen with a single menu option of "Exit". I informed Disney Mobile of this and they gave me the exact same form letter that you received. The only problem is I CAN download it, whereas the form letter is suggesting that not only is it not compatible with ICS, but that I should try again later to see if it is available to be downloaded for my phone...which it already is.
Is the Dinc 4g officially running ICS? or is it a ROM?

4/09 ASMo
Daddee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 02:49 PM   #34
scareacuse
Earning My Ears

Out of the box my Incredible 4g LTE is running Android 4.0.3 with HTC Sense 4.0.
Old 07-20-2012, 03:04 PM   #35
Daddee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Out of the box my Incredible 4g LTE is running Android 4.0.3 with HTC Sense 4.0.
Interesting that you can download it. Also interesting it wont run on your phone.
My curious side wants to know why...

4/09 ASMo
Old 07-20-2012, 03:13 PM   #36
scareacuse
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Interesting that you can download it. Also interesting it wont run on your phone.
My curious side wants to know why...
You and me both. I'm not the only one either. One of the reviews of the app in the Google Play store has the same phone as me and has the exact same problem.
Old 07-20-2012, 03:14 PM   #37
Daddee
Mouseketeer

Quote:

did you also post this in the comment section of the APP? (N2)

4/09 ASMo
Old 07-20-2012, 04:11 PM   #38
scareacuse
Earning My Ears

Quote:
did you also post this in the comment section of the APP? (N2)
No I emailed Disney Mobile directly which opened up a trouble ticket.
Old 07-20-2012, 04:44 PM   #39
Daddee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
No I emailed Disney Mobile directly which opened up a trouble ticket.

I saw a comment from a user with the same phone. Maybe its a phone issue. Which would suck, since the Dev's would have to fix it.

4/09 ASMo
Old 07-20-2012, 07:21 PM   #40
scareacuse
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I saw a comment from a user with the same phone. Maybe its a phone issue. Which would suck, since the Dev's would have to fix it.
Yah, I'll have to wait until they get it officially working with ICS to know if I am out o luck.
Old 08-10-2012, 05:19 AM   #41
Physics Guy
Mouseketeer

On my Galaxy Nexus, I'm running a flashed JellyBean ROM (Liquid Smooth) and got the DMM apk file from an outside source. It runs just fine!

I got the apk from the second post in this thread:
Mobile Magic app
Physics Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:46 AM   #42
planters49
Earning My Ears

FYI for everybody who finds this page, Disney has a new app that replaces the Disney mobile magic called "My Disney Experience" It works with the Samsung galaxy s3. the new Disney app has all the wait times, maps, etc on it. Really cool stuff
Old 09-07-2012, 12:22 PM   #43
DeaverTex
Smelling like a horse doesn't make you a cavalryman
I'd wear a pair. I might even be able to get Mrs. Tex to wear some
I need to provide sufficient background in every post to make sense

Heh. My Droid X2 says it's running Android 2.3.5. Isn't that called Hostess Twinkie?

Deaver Tex Mrs. Tex Tex Jr.

7-10 October 2012 - POR
Nothing else planned right now.

DeaverTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:42 AM   #44
Dan Murphy
We are family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFfan310 View Post
Well, I'm headed on a trip to WDW with some of my family and friends in late September, and I can't wait.

I also just got a new cell phone (Samsung Galaxy S III for AT&T) that runs Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) to replace my iPhone. When I try to download Mobile Magic from Google Play, it said that my phone is "unsupported", even though it's supposed to work with Android 2.2 or higher. I then read where other people are also having problems with Mobile Magic after upgrading their existing phones (example: HTC Rezound for Verizon) to Android 4.0. I've contacted Disney about the incompatibility, but I haven't got a response back yet.

Has anyone else had Android 4.0-related Mobile Magic problems? If so, are there any good unofficial apps that work with Android 4.0 in case Disney doesn't fix Mobile Magic by the time of our vacation? Thanks in advance.
The updated MM for ICS is now in Google Play.

Works fine.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ileMagic&hl=en

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net
April 26-May 3, see you there?

Dan Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android 4.0, ice cream sandwich, incompatible, mobile magic

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: