Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2012, 08:15 PM   #706
Bravegirls
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by BensDaddy
If I do my job properly, it is not exciting at all.
I doubt that!
Old 08-07-2012, 08:15 PM   #707
BensDaddy
Graduate of Goofy's Flight School

Got it. No worries. :-)
Register to remove

Old 08-26-2012, 09:25 PM   #708
Suziewan
Mouseketeer

Hey all! I'm travelling to WDW with my DS to celebrate his 8th birthday. We will be there from 12/29 to 1/7 and are staying at AOA. We would love to meet up with other moms/dads and kids just to have some company other than each other here and there. I'm sure I'll be craving a little adult conversation after a few days.
Suziewan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 06:21 PM   #709
PolyndianPrincessJes
Alias: TotalSnowWhite
I'm a Snapfish/Shutterfly/Winkflash addict
Yes, you totally can do that, and I do!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trep72 View Post
Single dad going with DD (14) this Oct 17-22. Staying at POP. Any other single parents going??
We're there the week before (during Norman's fall break). Taking DS7 and a friend from work is going on her first trip with her DS10!!

We'll be there October 9-14. Short one for us, but it's last minute, and we're already taking off a week in December to go down for the holidays.
Old 09-02-2012, 08:35 PM   #710
Trep72
Try not. Do or do not. There is no try.

It's great to see another Okie on here and so close too! Too bad we're gonna be there just a week apart! Too bad Moore and Norman can't have the same Fall breaks.

We're headed on our first Disney cruise on Spring Break next year. In fact, it's our first cruise ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolyndianPrincessJes View Post
We're there the week before (during Norman's fall break). Taking DS7 and a friend from work is going on her first trip with her DS10!!

We'll be there October 9-14. Short one for us, but it's last minute, and we're already taking off a week in December to go down for the holidays.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:53 AM   #711
coolspirit44
Earning My Ears

Crusing on Disney Fantasy 9/15/12

Hi
I am cruising with my 12 year old son and 8 year old daughter on the Disney Fantasy on 9/15/12. Would love to find others on this cruise as well.
coolspirit44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 05:18 PM   #712
PolyndianPrincessJes
Alias: TotalSnowWhite
I'm a Snapfish/Shutterfly/Winkflash addict
Yes, you totally can do that, and I do!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trep72 View Post
It's great to see another Okie on here and so close too! Too bad we're gonna be there just a week apart! Too bad Moore and Norman can't have the same Fall breaks.

We're headed on our first Disney cruise on Spring Break next year. In fact, it's our first cruise ever!
I think you guys started before we did, too. How weird that you have fall break after we do. How many days do you guys get? I'd love for us to go to year round like OKC and get a two week fall break!! Would work much better with my WDW plans.

How fun!! We still haven't taken the cruising leap. Thought about doing one out of Galveston since we're so much closer to that than Florida. You'll have to let me know how you guys like it!
Old 09-03-2012, 05:39 PM   #713
Trep72

Yeah, we started a week before you.

We get three days total, but the first day is considered parent/teacher conference, then the next two are the official "Fall Break" days. We're coming home on that Monday after.

I looked into the cruises out of Galveston, but they ended up being more expensive, as they are only 7-day cruises. Since I'm taking the kiddo's BFF, I couldn't shell out that money for all 3 of us this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolyndianPrincessJes View Post
I think you guys started before we did, too. How weird that you have fall break after we do. How many days do you guys get? I'd love for us to go to year round like OKC and get a two week fall break!! Would work much better with my WDW plans.

How fun!! We still haven't taken the cruising leap. Thought about doing one out of Galveston since we're so much closer to that than Florida. You'll have to let me know how you guys like it!
Old 09-06-2012, 02:25 PM   #714
Cmundson
Earning My Ears

Dad & Son (5) going to WDW 10/26 until 11/2...
Staying at POP...
Anyone else going to be there around the same time???
Cmundson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 06:22 AM   #715
washerebefore
Earning My Ears

got there and missed you

washerebefore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 03:31 PM   #716
aidenhoney
Earning My Ears

Looking for other single parents who would like to meet up, possibly share hotels etc. I have an 11 year old son and usually visit in late october and late april.
aidenhoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 03:36 PM   #717
aidenhoney
Earning My Ears

Sorry, new to this still figuring out how to reply within a post.
Old 09-21-2012, 03:46 PM   #718
aidenhoney
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmundson View Post
Dad & Son (5) going to WDW 10/26 until 11/2...
Staying at POP...
Anyone else going to be there around the same time???
I have not completely booked my trip yet, but I think we may overlap a couple days. We are also staying at Pop end of Oct./beginning of Nov. I have taken my son (11) alone once before by myself (just a few days) when DH was too ill to go on planned trip. This will be my first trip as a single mom since DH passed away in April. Meeting up with someone even just for a meal at the hotel might take our mind off missing him. I also saw your post about another adult that cancelled. I know your dilemma, if it's 2 or 4 people, the cost is not much different. I thought about seeing if anyone wanted to go in on a hotel package. Staying in a hotel with a stranger though makes me a bit nervous.
Old 10-01-2012, 05:09 PM   #719
PrincessEmilyRuth
Earning My Ears

I am actually not a parent (yet), but I have worked as a nanny for about 4 years. I was supposed to go to Disney with another family as a nanny over Thanksgiving, but they had to cancel, so I decided to go ahead and come by myself. If there are any single parents out there who can't handle some of the rides, or single dads who might need some help figuring out all the Princess stuff, I would be more than happy to meet up with you! I'll be staying at the Pop Century from October 10-16. I'm great with kids of all ages, and I'm pretty good at engaging in adult conversation as well
PrincessEmilyRuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:34 PM   #720
Trep72

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessEmilyRuth View Post
I am actually not a parent (yet), but I have worked as a nanny for about 4 years. I was supposed to go to Disney with another family as a nanny over Thanksgiving, but they had to cancel, so I decided to go ahead and come by myself. If there are any single parents out there who can't handle some of the rides, or single dads who might need some help figuring out all the Princess stuff, I would be more than happy to meet up with you! I'll be staying at the Pop Century from October 10-16. I'm great with kids of all ages, and I'm pretty good at engaging in adult conversation as well
We arrive the day after you leave.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: