Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 08:05 PM   #781
janepaul
Earning My Ears

We check in at POFQ this Saturday!!!
Old 09-06-2012, 04:52 AM   #782
averill94
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Ask the people in the five-hour line for Soarin', who thought that having a nice lie-in and going into the parks early in the afternoon was a good idea.

Andre
Ha ha ha!!!!! Love this! I hear from people ALL of the time "oh the wait for Sarin was an hour and a half!"

Sorry but I would never wait even that long!

We did have a nice lie in this trip and got there late afternoon. (We only did this because test track is down) We were VERY lucky to get one of the last fastpasses with a return of 8:00-9:00!!!!

I think its back to goold old rope drop for this party!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-06-2012, 05:32 AM   #783
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by averill94 View Post
I think its back to goold old rope drop for this party!
Good idea, over Xmas week the MK often opens at 8am so check the hours for your stay. If you do want to do most of the rides, getting there early will make it entirely manageable - whereas turning up at lunchtime will definitely make it a challenge (especially when it comes to New Year's Eve).

I agree with you though, I mostly avoid any lines of more than 20 minutes whenever I can - although with a late-rising family, sometimes we get stuck with no choice, but I'd never queue more than an hour for anything.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 09-06-2012, 09:53 AM   #784
lilandvisma
DIS Veteran

We are thinking of doing POFQ for a Feb 2013 trip...during the week of mardi gras and v day...never thought of the mardi gras date falling on our week so I guess my question is, being the resort that it is...would it be intensely crowded because of this? Anyone ever stayed during MG?

Our March 2011 PTRMy March 2011 DxDP Review!
Old 09-06-2012, 10:04 AM   #785
lilandvisma
DIS Veteran

And the more i'm thinking would they have any special things going on at POFQ during MG week as well??

Our March 2011 PTRMy March 2011 DxDP Review!
Old 09-06-2012, 10:12 AM   #786
Caboosey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queila View Post
We just got back from 9 days at Disney yesterday and we already got the Disney blues. Why does time have to pass so fast when we are having fun?!?

This was our first stay at POFQ and we L-O-V-E-D it.

Q
Thanks for all the information - I can't wait for POFQ in a few weeks!
Old 09-06-2012, 04:18 PM   #787
Queila
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caboosey View Post
Thanks for all the information - I can't wait for POFQ in a few weeks!
My pleasure!
Old 09-07-2012, 02:08 AM   #788
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilandvisma View Post
We are thinking of doing POFQ for a Feb 2013 trip...during the week of mardi gras and v day...never thought of the mardi gras date falling on our week so I guess my question is, being the resort that it is...would it be intensely crowded because of this? Anyone ever stayed during MG?
Mardi Gras means there might be a few more people at Disney from the New Orleans area, but not a massive effect at all. Far more of an issue is the school break/Presidents Day week - and if Mardi Gras happens to fall during that week, you can expect it to be very busy anyway. That won't happen in 2013 though.

Port Orleans does do special activities for the kids on Mardi Gras Tuesday. See http://www.portorleans.org/recreatio...le.php#Archive for the schedule from last year to give you an idea.

Andre

Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 09-07-2012, 10:32 AM   #789
firstwdw
DIS Veteran

Does Disney ever offer decent general public room only discounts for POFQ? 20% or even 25% off or is that typically for the larger moderates? I have seen the historical discount page on mouse savers but it does not break down the discounts by resorts. Thank you!
Old 09-07-2012, 11:34 AM   #790
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstwdw View Post
Does Disney ever offer decent general public room only discounts for POFQ? 20% or even 25% off or is that typically for the larger moderates? I have seen the historical discount page on mouse savers but it does not break down the discounts by resorts. Thank you!
Well, POFQ is very popular. They are often not even offered in the public offers. If you have AAA and know your dates early enough you can get that discount. I keep checking for availability in the fall RO that is offered now but so far my days are not available.

Old 09-07-2012, 02:37 PM   #791
1stvisit0909
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Ask the people in the five-hour line for Soarin', who thought that having a nice lie-in and going into the parks early in the afternoon was a good idea.

Andre
Yeah well, I'd rather rise early and come back to the rooms to relax, that wait five hours for anything. Naps can be hand in the afternoons!!

Coronado Springs 2014 PTR
Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time TR POFQ 2012 OKW 09
Old 09-07-2012, 04:29 PM   #792
Earning My Ears

Hi!

We've previously stayed in pofq building 5 and we loved it! This was before the different room classifications though! Will it be possible to get building 5 with a standard room? or will i need a garden view room?

TIA
Old 09-07-2012, 05:30 PM   #793
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 212456 View Post
We've previously stayed in pofq building 5 and we loved it! This was before the different room classifications though! Will it be possible to get building 5 with a standard room? or will i need a garden view room?
Technically building 5 doesn't really have any Standard rooms (except for maybe some limited view, stairwell area rooms, etc) but the room allocators are pretty flexible with requests - just as long as the resort is not sold out and they don't have many options.

Andre

Old 09-08-2012, 07:53 AM   #794
Hootch
DIS Veteran

We

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstwdw View Post
a pin code two years ago. I think the mod discount was 20%. Four years ago, when the economy started to tank, they had an aggressive public discount for moderates. Many dates were not available for POFQ. We had to adjust ours to fir.
Old 09-08-2012, 08:07 AM   #795
snarfblatt
Mouseketeer

Busses... and buildings

Hi- new here

Looking to change our res from a preferred room at POR to a Garden View at POFQ but have a few questions

Are busses just the luck of the draw? I mean, it POFQ always first pick up , last drop off? I see POR has many stops...

Also are there certain buildings I should request to be closer to the buss/ main building? Or since it is a smaller resort are they all pretty comparable?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: