Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 10:35 AM   #751
darrengs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
You sure got lucky. Faxed room requests now end up in the garbage without being looked at. The best way to inform WDW of a room request is to call the main reservations line and have the requests added to your reservation.

I just want to save somebody else from faxing their requests.
Interesting, the VIP cleaning was added to my reservation and did not happen, yet I got the room request I faxed. Go figure.

Old 09-04-2012, 11:45 AM   #752
jamnich314
Mouseketeer

Just got back from a stay at the French Quarter from 8-25 through 9-3. I think AWESOME just about sums it up for us. This was the first time staying at anything other than a value resort for me and the first time staying at a moderate since she was a child for DW.

We had the best room location. Room 5123. Ground floor, corner room, water view, King bed. It was great.

Bus service was stellar the whole time and we only shared a bus with Riverside in the afternoons. The opening and closing buses were almost always strictly French Quarter.

The entire resort was so beautiful and quiet and closer. That was the biggest thing. Even though we were somewhat in the back of the resort (where is was very peaceful and quiet) we could be in the food court filling up our mugs in about 3 minutes.

So many great things to say about the resort. I took a ton of pictures too so if anybody has any specific questions about anything to do with French Quarter fire away while it's still fresh in my mind.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-04-2012, 12:03 PM   #753
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
You sure got lucky. Faxed room requests now end up in the garbage without being looked at.
No they do not.

I can't speak for all resorts, but at least at Port Orleans faxes ARE read by the room allocations team, and are actioned whenever possible (remember, there still no guarantees though!). I understand they even have a little wall of fame for the best ones (by the way, there are no Magic Kingdom views at Port Orleans...).

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 09-04-2012, 12:18 PM   #754
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
No they do not.

I can't speak for all resorts, but at least at Port Orleans faxes ARE read by the room allocations team, and are actioned whenever possible (remember, there still no guarantees though!). I understand they even have a little wall of fame for the best ones (by the way, there are no Magic Kingdom views at Port Orleans...).

Andre
Thanks Andre, I stand corrected as far as Port Orleans is concerned. I have a cousin that works as a room assigner and stated that the faxed room requests were getting to hard to handle due to the sheer volume. She said a decision was made to have the CRO agents add requests to the reservations as they come in. I even asked what happens to the faxed requests that still come in and she said they went right in the garbage.

She has only worked as an assigner at the Epcot area resorts.
Old 09-04-2012, 12:55 PM   #755
slyster
Mouseketeer

Wow...thanks to those who posted mini reviews! We leave in just under three weeks and we can't wait! I appreciate the feedback, especially on the bus transportation. We will have a car with us, but we have been on the fence on using the bus or using our car. Thanks again!
Old 09-04-2012, 01:06 PM   #756
jamnich314
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyster View Post
Wow...thanks to those who posted mini reviews! We leave in just under three weeks and we can't wait! I appreciate the feedback, especially on the bus transportation. We will have a car with us, but we have been on the fence on using the bus or using our car. Thanks again!
Take the bus to all of the parks and drive to DTD. The bus to DTD is somewhat of a nightmare and even the ferry can take upwards of a half hour, although it is quite peaceful and you get to check out the Saratoga Springs Treehouse Villas on the way.

The bus trip to EPCOT is about 5 minutes. Hollywood Studios is maybe seven. Magic and Animal Kingdom are about 12 minutes or so. The trick is getting there when a bus is already loading. If you get to the station just after a bus pulls away it can be a good 10-15 minutes until another arrives. It still beats getting the family in your car, driving yourself, parking, taking the tram, walking from the tram drop-off, taking the tram back, getting in your 120 degree car, navigating our of the gigantic parking lot, driving yourself back and finding a parking spot.

Old 09-04-2012, 01:39 PM   #757
Kathy Z
Counting my Blessings

Quote:
You sure got lucky. Faxed room requests now end up in the garbage without being looked at. The best way to inform WDW of a room request is to call the main reservations line and have the requests added to your reservation.

I just want to save somebody else from faxing their requests.
dansdad, oops, sorry I had replied that the above was not true for POR or POFQ before realizing that there was 1 more page of posts that I had not yet read. I see you have been brought up to date.

Last edited by Kathy Z; 09-04-2012 at 01:43 PM. Reason: corrected myself
Old 09-04-2012, 03:33 PM   #758
Queila
DIS Veteran

Oh... I forgot to mention that one evening we had an encounter with a cockroach in our room. It was a huge one and it was an unpleasant surprise. I never mentioned anything to the staff because I don't think I can really hold it against Disney considering the heat and the location of the resort.

Just thought I should add this "detail" to the review I had posted in the previous page.

Q
Old 09-04-2012, 03:34 PM   #759
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queila View Post
Oh... I forgot to mention that one evening we had an encounter with a cockroach in our room. It was a huge one and it was an unpleasant surprise. I never mentioned anything to the staff because I don't think I can really hold it against Disney considering the heat and the location of the resort.

Just thought I should add this "detail" to the review I had posted in the previous page.

Q
You sure it wasn't a palmetto bug? Those are very common in Florida.

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
Old 09-04-2012, 03:40 PM   #760
Queila
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatsFan View Post
You sure it wasn't a palmetto bug? Those are very common in Florida.
It is possible. Can't really tell the difference between the two.
Old 09-04-2012, 03:46 PM   #761
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queila View Post
It is possible. Can't really tell the difference between the two.
A cockroach is typically brown, a palmetto bug is black. HTH

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
Old 09-04-2012, 04:01 PM   #762
Queila
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I will ask my husband. He is the one that killed it.
Old 09-04-2012, 04:23 PM   #763
tinkerbella16
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyster View Post
We will be arriving at POFQ the same day!!!!! How exciting, I cannot believe how close it is!!!! Feels like yesterday I was at over 180 days.

Old 09-04-2012, 04:45 PM   #764
Jillianv29
Mouseketeer

These reviews are getting me sooo excited. 24 days!!!
Old 09-04-2012, 07:10 PM   #765
LilyWDW
Going to My Happy Place

Quote:
They can have a brown coloring as well... also a mix of black and brown. If it was anywhere the size of your pinkie finger, it was most likely a palmetto bug. We get them down here. It's not really a sign of bad conditions as they mostly stay outside and then will enter homes and the like based off of weather conditions and the like. They are something you get used to when you live in the south.

Just be glad you didn't have one fly at you....

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." - Walt Disney
DIS'er OCTOBER 2014 FB Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1398705187009744/

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: