Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 12:27 PM   #721
taylor3297
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixie View Post
I have a question about the coffee makers. Are they just like the Keurig one cup thingies? Can I bring my own K-cups and will they work with it? What kind of coffee do they normally provide with it? Do they also provide things like sugar or cream or is it something you have to pick up in the food court and bring back to your room?
The coffee makers use pods not k cups. Sugar and powdered creamer are provided.
Old 08-31-2012, 09:59 PM   #722
Reidhome
Earning My Ears

Is anyone at POFQ (or checking in Saturday 9/1) who would want 1/2 case bottled water we have left over? I can leave it for you at the front desk...
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-01-2012, 02:55 AM   #723
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Mis-read post

Last edited by 2Tiggies; 09-02-2012 at 02:29 PM.
Old 09-02-2012, 05:38 PM   #724
alicia080979
DIS Veteran

Shipping info

I know this info is probably somewhere I have seen it but I can't seem to find it. Does anyone have the address to ship a box of stuff to for our check in? Has anyone done it before? Was your box readily available? I would like to ship down a box with our toiletries so I don't have to worry about checking them or putting them all into little tiny containers for the airline. Any info would be much appreciated.

We arrive in 11 days...I can't wait!!!

June 2014-POFQ Quick 4 night trip for SWW then off to the beach!

September 2014-Split Stay. 4 nights FD AKL, 10 nights BCV for F&W

Me DH DD (infant) DS (teen) Ellie :
Old 09-02-2012, 05:55 PM   #725
Riverhill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicia080979 View Post
I know this info is probably somewhere I have seen it but I can't seem to find it. Does anyone have the address to ship a box of stuff to for our check in? Has anyone done it before? Was your box readily available? I would like to ship down a box with our toiletries so I don't have to worry about checking them or putting them all into little tiny containers for the airline. Any info would be much appreciated.

We arrive in 11 days...I can't wait!!!
Good questions..... I need this info too

Old 09-02-2012, 06:03 PM   #726
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
I know this info is probably somewhere I have seen it but I can't seem to find it. Does anyone have the address to ship a box of stuff to for our check in?
See http://www.portorleans.org/services.php#Mail. If you are sending via the post office, you should use the PO Box number. If you are sending via courier (FedEx, etc) then you can use the direct resort street address.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 09-02-2012, 06:40 PM   #727
alicia080979
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
See http://www.portorleans.org/services.php#Mail. If you are sending via the post office, you should use the PO Box number. If you are sending via courier (FedEx, etc) then you can use the direct resort street address.

Andre
Thanks Andre! Have you ever done it? I guess I am just nervous about making sure they have it waiting for me since it will be my toiletries that aren't cheap to replace. This whole flying instead of driving me thing is really throwing me through a loop!

Old 09-02-2012, 07:09 PM   #728
Riverhill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks Andre! Have you ever done it? I guess I am just nervous about making sure they have it waiting for me since it will be my toiletries that aren't cheap to replace. This whole flying instead of driving me thing is really throwing me through a loop!
This is our first time flying instead of driving too!!!! I was thinking about trying with just carry on bags but I am a nervous wreck about the whole thing. I am use to being able to take anything and everything with us.

Plus I have heard nightmare stories about missing connecting flight at Altanta airport, and check luggage not making to your resort when you do.

Old 09-02-2012, 08:36 PM   #729
Clochette nordique
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I did, from Ontario, and the box was patiently waiting for me "behind" the counter. They gave it to me at check in before I could ask for it. I guess they had the info in the computer.

Good luck and have a nice stay and a nice trip,

Poussière de fée!

sniff, sniff, no ticker! .... oops, just for now, since DH asked me when I would go back.........

DLParis - Août 2017 ; DCL-Magic Greece - Août 2017
WDW-POR - Novembre 2013 ; DCL-Fantasy Western Caribbean - Novembre 2013
DL-Paradise Pier - Février 2012 ; DCL-Wonder Mexican Riviera - Février 2012
WDW-Poly - Mai 2011 ; DCL-Dream Bahamas - Mai 2011
Old 09-02-2012, 08:55 PM   #730
alicia080979
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverhill View Post
This is our first time flying instead of driving too!!!! I was thinking about trying with just carry on bags but I am a nervous wreck about the whole thing. I am use to being able to take anything and everything with us.

Plus I have heard nightmare stories about missing connecting flight at Altanta airport, and check luggage not making to your resort when you do.
I am right there with you! I take everything under the sun (pool noodle...check, blender...check, first aid BOX...check, lol) so this is really hard for me. On top of that, I HATE flying. I am a nervous wreck about it. Thank goodness we have a non-stop flight that is 2 hours but I totally understand your fear of missing your connecting flight. I have been going over my normal book...I mean packing list...trying to figure out what is going to stay behind. Part of my concession for flying was when DH told me he would make my pool noodle fit in the luggage, lol.

I am so worried about having to put all my hair stuff in my checked luggage because I am afraid they will either lose my luggage or it will explode everywhere. If I have to replace it all it will cost a fortune! I don't "fix" my hair everyday at Disney but I have curly, frizzy & unruley hair so I have to have certain things to manage it in the wonderful Florida humidity. Plus for 10 days, a little tiny bottle of shampoo isn't going to cut it for this mane. Nor will a little tiny bottle of body wash. So I don't know what to do. Ship it or put it in our checked bag. GAHHH this is driving me crazy!

When do you check-in? Hoping for a very uneventful flight and a wonderful carefree vacation for you! Let me know what you decide to do. I only have a couple days to decide since I will have to mail it later this week.

Old 09-02-2012, 08:57 PM   #731
alicia080979
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clochette nordique View Post
I did, from Ontario, and the box was patiently waiting for me "behind" the counter. They gave it to me at check in before I could ask for it. I guess they had the info in the computer.

Good luck and have a nice stay and a nice trip,

Poussière de fée!
That is reassuring! I'm glad to hear it was waiting for you. Do you know how long ahead of time you mailed it? I'm trying to figure out the timing if I do it.

Thank you!!

Old 09-02-2012, 09:28 PM   #732
Riverhill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am right there with you! I take everything under the sun (pool noodle...check, blender...check, first aid BOX...check, lol) so this is really hard for me. On top of that, I HATE flying. I am a nervous wreck about it. Thank goodness we have a non-stop flight that is 2 hours but I totally understand your fear of missing your connecting flight. I have been going over my normal book...I mean packing list...trying to figure out what is going to stay behind. Part of my concession for flying was when DH told me he would make my pool noodle fit in the luggage, lol.

I am so worried about having to put all my hair stuff in my checked luggage because I am afraid they will either lose my luggage or it will explode everywhere. If I have to replace it all it will cost a fortune! I don't "fix" my hair everyday at Disney but I have curly, frizzy & unruley hair so I have to have certain things to manage it in the wonderful Florida humidity. Plus for 10 days, a little tiny bottle of shampoo isn't going to cut it for this mane. Nor will a little tiny bottle of body wash. So I don't know what to do. Ship it or put it in our checked bag. GAHHH this is driving me crazy!

When do you check-in? Hoping for a very uneventful flight and a wonderful carefree vacation for you! Let me know what you decide to do. I only have a couple days to decide since I will have to mail it later this week.
We check in 9/15. I feel like the entire packing process has been thrown up in the air. I have become really good at planning a car trip. I should just give up and check a bag. But, I am rather cheap and $50 round trip for a bag seems silly.

But we need hair products, sunscreen, shavers,shampoo etc....My husband likes the idea of shipping things but then I worry about the extra shoes and stuff I usually bring. I am a nut about our room, i have a pop up hamper for shoes, closet hanging thing for organization and the multi-plug thing is a must have for 4 phones to be charged each night. Last year DH and I had so go to California for his job. I put all my hair products etc... in the checked bag, in ziploc bags in case of a leak. It worked great!!

I guess in the big picture this is a great problem to have, we get to decide what to take to WDW.

Have a great trip!

We will be a family of 4, DH and Me in our 40's DD17 look a lot like me but thin, inshape and much prettier, DS 15 taller than his sister and me and will probably be staring at his ipod the entire time. If you see us please say HI

Old 09-02-2012, 09:50 PM   #733
alicia080979
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverhill View Post
We check in 9/15. I feel like the entire packing process has been thrown up in the air. I have become really good at planning a car trip. I should just give up and check a bag. But, I am rather cheap and $50 round trip for a bag seems silly.

But we need hair products, sunscreen, shavers,shampoo etc....My husband likes the idea of shipping things but then I worry about the extra shoes and stuff I usually bring. I am a nut about our room, i have a pop up hamper for shoes, closet hanging thing for organization and the multi-plug thing is a must have for 4 phones to be charged each night. Last year DH and I had so go to California for his job. I put all my hair products etc... in the checked bag, in ziploc bags in case of a leak. It worked great!!

I guess in the big picture this is a great problem to have, we get to decide what to take to WDW.

Have a great trip!

We will be a family of 4, DH and Me in our 40's DD17 look a lot like me but thin, inshape and much prettier, DS 15 taller than his sister and me and will probably be staring at his ipod the entire time. If you see us please say HI
I know it really is a first world problem right?? We will be in a group of 7...me & DH, my mom in her 50's then our friends and their two kids, girl 8 (cute red hair) and 5yr old boy. Our DH's are big, tall guys...6'3 & 6'4...usually can't miss them!

Old 09-02-2012, 10:24 PM   #734
Clochette nordique
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That is reassuring! I'm glad to hear it was waiting for you. Do you know how long ahead of time you mailed it? I'm trying to figure out the timing if I do it.

Thank you!!
I mailed it 7 days in advance, but as you can read, I live in Northern Ontario, Canada. So I wanted to make sure it would be there if not in advance, at least on the first few days because I sent the princess dress for the breakfast at the Castle and tink costume, both hidden in the box. I also had door magnets for the following cruise on the Dream. (We were at the resort for 9 nights before the cruise.) I mailed it normal post and a "good size box" cost me only $27 something. They said it was there for a few days when I came in. So all in all, my experience with boxes always been very good, both sending in Canada and in US. I've seen at times 2 days delivery, for boxes (unless you try during xmas time, of course!)

Hope it answers your question.

Poussière de fée!

sniff, sniff, no ticker! .... oops, just for now, since DH asked me when I would go back.........

DLParis - Août 2017 ; DCL-Magic Greece - Août 2017
WDW-POR - Novembre 2013 ; DCL-Fantasy Western Caribbean - Novembre 2013
DL-Paradise Pier - Février 2012 ; DCL-Wonder Mexican Riviera - Février 2012
WDW-Poly - Mai 2011 ; DCL-Dream Bahamas - Mai 2011
Old 09-02-2012, 11:10 PM   #735
casey10
Earning My Ears

Our Second Stay

Just want to thank everyone for the great posts. I have been lurking over the posts for quite awhile. We stayed off site 3 years ago. We stayed at POFQ 2 years ago which was awesome.

We took a break last year stayed at Wilderness lodge in April this year and now are going back again for MNSSHP in October at PORFQ.

We loved this resort the kids remembered it and wanted to stay there again because of how great it was 2 years ago?!!

Looking forward to seeing the new renovations, while Wilderness Lodge was pretty awesome, the money saved vs a deluxe and free dining is pretty exciting.

Anyway just want to thank all for their great post and get me started on the dis boards !!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: