Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 02:38 AM   #691
hotcarib
DIS Veteran

Po Boy

Does anyone know if they have taken the shrimp Po boy off their menu?
TIA

Old 08-30-2012, 03:54 AM   #692
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotcarib View Post
TIA
They had better not have! I am expecting them to serve me some next week!

What made you wonder if it was removed? They only serve it on the lunch menu so if you go in after 5 pm (if I recall correctly) you won't see it on there. I think there are a few folk out there now and maybe someone could confirm. If not, I can report back in a week

EDIT TO ADD: I see we are checking in the same day (ignore my ticker, I extended our stay and there was no wa I was making my slider go beck to the beginning!)

Last edited by 2Tiggies; 08-30-2012 at 08:04 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-30-2012, 04:21 AM   #693
DisneyFreq
Do you believe in fairies? If you believe, clap your hands!

We check in day after tomorrow.. I only wish it was for more than 4 nights. So far we've stayed at all the values and both cbr and csr. This is our first time and pofq..... Can't wait!
Mar 2013 All Stars Sports Surf's Up Sept 2012 POFQ Oct 2010/11 Dolphin Jun 2010: Fort Wilderness Loop 300 Feb 2010: Coronado Springs Casitas Nov 2009: Orange Lake Resort Sep 2009: Pop Century 50s Sep 2007: Caribbean Beach Resort Barbados Oct 2006: All Stars Movies Love Bug May 2006: All Stars Sports Surf's Up/ Music Rock Inn Dec 2005: Pop Century 70s Feb 2001: Timeshare Feb 2000: Shades of Green May 1999: Travelodge Suites E Gate Orange

Old 08-30-2012, 04:38 AM   #694
2Tiggies

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFreq View Post
We check in day after tomorrow.. I only wish it was for more than 4 nights. So far we've stayed at all the values and both cbr and csr. This is our first time and pofq..... Can't wait!
It's probably a good thing you've experience the other resorts .... once we tried POFQ that put an end to us going elsewhere. We will do a deluxe next time, but with a split stay so that we still get our POFQ time.

Wishing you a safe journey and a wonderful time
Old 08-30-2012, 06:05 AM   #695
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandma3 View Post
How much is everyone tipping housekeeping each day? Are you getting any towel animals?
We tip $5, which we leave in a decorated envelope each day since the same housekeeper may not be there every day. Our tip has nothing to do with towels animals, as not all housekeepers know how to make those, but it is the way we show appreciation for our room being cleaned each day.

Towels animals have been around for several years, and I kind of wish it had never started...children see the animals in the window and if they don't have some of the cutest ones, they are disappointed. Housekeepers take classes to learn how to make these, out of their own time. They are assigned quite a lot of rooms to be cleaned within a time frame - so adding making towels animals can be a lot of extra work.

One of the sweetest housekeepers we've ever had was at FQ - she made the most elaborate towel animals and every time we saw her she would be smiling and stop to chat. We wanted to hug her every time we saw her! We would know when she had not cleaned our room because the little touches would be missing - when she made up the beds she would set it up like an evening turn down and it was so pretty and welcoming to come home to.

Have a great trip - it will be wonderful with or without towel animals.

Old 08-30-2012, 07:34 AM   #696
peeputt
Filled with Wanderlust...

Question

If you take home your towel animal, do they charge you? I'm guessing that's a big fat YES, but hubby wanted the one they made us last year, but we didn't take it because I was worried they'd charge us out the nose.

Feb. 2011 - POFQ (Hubby and my 1st trip together)
Sept. 2012 - The Dolphin & POFQ
Sept. 2013 - Old Key West
Old 08-30-2012, 07:44 AM   #697
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peeputt View Post
If you take home your towel animal, do they charge you? I'm guessing that's a big fat YES, but hubby wanted the one they made us last year, but we didn't take it because I was worried they'd charge us out the nose.

Housekeeping will tell you that guests are welcome to take home a towel animal...there is no charge.

We prefer to leave ours for the next guest, but one year our FQ housekeeper insisted we take home at least one of the many she had made for us, so we did take the one we liked best.

Old 08-30-2012, 07:48 AM   #698
scjo68
DIS Veteran

They do not charge for towel animals. We asked if we should take it or leave it, and they insisted we take it. Now, we just take a picture and leave it, because we don't need more than a couple at our house.

I have heard that the towels they use for animals are older/worn out and are ready to be disposed of anyway. Also, some have stickers stuck to them, or are otherwise greatly altered to form the animal. I think those can't be reused.

Very simple folds that use towels that are clearly in good shape- I have never taken those.

Definitely towel animals are hit or miss- we didn't receive any on our trip last week though we tipped daily. But our room was clean, which is what I care about. Honestly, I don't think the kids even noticed the lack of towel animals this trip. There was more than enough entertainment otherwise!
Aug. 2013 POP, Nov. 2013 CR

Old 08-30-2012, 07:51 AM   #699
2Tiggies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Housekeeping will tell you that guests are welcome to take home a towel animal...there is no charge.

We prefer to leave ours for the next guest, but one year our FQ housekeeper insisted we take home at least one of the many she had made for us, so we did take the one we liked best.
We do the same - leave them for the next guests. As we do long stays, although it varies, we have on some trips accumulated quite a collection in the room and it is just not practical to take them home.

However like you, last year we had a Mousekeeper leave us a note and say that she would really like us to take home one specific one she had made (it was a giraffe) and it sits proudly in DD's bedroom bringing back happy memories
Old 08-30-2012, 07:56 AM   #700
peeputt
Filled with Wanderlust...

OH DANG IT! My hubby would have loved to keep one! Well...at least we know now! Hopefully we'll get a few towel animals this year to choose from!

Feb. 2011 - POFQ (Hubby and my 1st trip together)
Sept. 2012 - The Dolphin & POFQ
Sept. 2013 - Old Key West
Old 08-30-2012, 01:03 PM   #701
taylor3297
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandma3 View Post
How much is everyone tipping housekeeping each day? Are you getting any towel animals?
We tipped $5 a day for the 4 of us. First day when we got to the resort, we had the usual mickey towel shape.

Next day after a long day at the parks, we came back to the room my kids stuffed animals were looking out the window and our mousekeeper made the cutest chick out of a towel and even put stick on eyes.

The day after that, the mouse keeper put all of the stuffed animals in the window then rolled them with TP. My kids thought it was a hoot.
Old 08-30-2012, 01:12 PM   #702
sarmat1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotcarib View Post
TIA
Don't worry - it's still there. I had one last week. Ask for cocktail sauce from the back if you're into that. I will say that it's huge.
Old 08-30-2012, 05:12 PM   #703
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Now that WiFi is available, is the option to plug in still there? I'd hate to get a room with poor WiFi and not be able to stay on top of email. We don't have a tablet, just a laptop, and I'm not going to haul it all over the place looking for connectivity. Hmm, one more reason to get a tablet.
Old 08-30-2012, 05:17 PM   #704
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
Now that WiFi is available, is the option to plug in still there?
Nope.
Old 08-30-2012, 05:22 PM   #705
FourBees
Mouseketeer

For anyone who has been recently do they still have the Pomegranate Lemonade? My kids were addicted to that stuff and will be devastated if they don't.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: