Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2012, 04:46 PM   #1381
jamarmiller
Mouseketeer

looking forward to this, been to the channelside one and enjoyed it
jamarmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:42 AM   #1382
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

I can't imagine going bowling while on vacation but we enjoy mini-golf so who knows. I just wish that Disney would do something with that area.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-30-2012, 07:12 AM   #1383
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planogirl View Post
I can't imagine going bowling while on vacation.
This is exactly my thought. I especially can't imagine bowling being any sort of priority on my DISNEY vacation.

1971 - 1982 Many childhood trips May 1997 - Off-site w/ DGF (now DW) October 2000 - Off-site w/ DW - 1st AK
October 14-20,2006 - First on-site (POFQ), first w/ DD3 and DMIL. September 22-29, 2007 with freinds @ POFQ! August 23-31, 2008. Just us 3...dining for free!
December 12-20, 2009 - 40th Birthday trip! Trip Report April 20-25, 2010 - Short surprise trip for DD! Trip Report
October 15-25, 2010 @ AKL Trip Report!
November 11-20, 2011 - Free dining at CBR! PTR! and Trip Report
July/August 2012 Disneyland / Australia TripPTR "I choose to Be Amused" TR
The Disney Trifecta - a PTR for 2013. LINK Trip Reports - ABD: "A Fistful of Fastpasses" WDW: "For A Few Fastpasses More" DCL: "Once Upon a Time in the Carribean"

October 2014 Pre Trip Report- "Let us plan our Escape !" LINK
skier_pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 07:45 AM   #1384
arthuruscg
DIS Veteran

I do not understand why WDW thinks a bowling alley will make it in DTD.

From the online stuff I have scene, Splitsville doesn't appear any different from Jillian's, Dave & Busters, ect.

I think I will pass.
Entire Child hood Fort Wilderness Campground
arthuruscg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 07:54 AM   #1385
patsal
I've discovered I don't need to be a control freak...and like it!

I can bowl at home, I can go to a movie while I am at home.
I could go to mini golf but it isn't themed or fun around here so we do that.
I guess I put mini golf in the area I live in in the same category as the theme parks and water parks I have at home, they are not the same as at Disney. Personally the new DTD entertainment choices pale in comparison to what PI offered me and I now travel to City Walk if I want any kind of night time entertainment.
Old 08-30-2012, 10:58 AM   #1386
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsal View Post
I can bowl at home, I can go to a movie while I am at home.
I could go to mini golf but it isn't themed or fun around here so we do that.
I guess I put mini golf in the area I live in in the same category as the theme parks and water parks I have at home, they are not the same as at Disney. Personally the new DTD entertainment choices pale in comparison to what PI offered me and I now travel to City Walk if I want any kind of night time entertainment.
Have you tried the new mini golf courses at City Walk? They are loads of fun but very crowded. Maybe Disney should do something like that at DD....
Old 08-30-2012, 11:39 AM   #1387
MissyMouse80
Earning My Ears

From what I understand is the European travelers who come for weeks at a time like to go to the movies because they will not release in their country for a few months.
Old Key West - 05/11 Animal Kingdom Lodge 11/11 Coronado Springs - 11/11
Corondado Springs -03/12 Fantasy Cruise - 03/12 Beach Club 12/12 Port Orleans French Quarter - 12/12
Bay Lake Tower 4/13 Vero Beach 5/13 Wilderness Lodge 5/13 Grand Californian 7/13 Boardwalk 10/13 Animal Kingdom Lodge 10/13, Grand Floridian 12/13
Allstar Sports 2/14 Disney Magic 2/14 Animal Kingdom Kidani Village 2/14 Paradise Pier 11/14 Coronado Springs 11/14
Port Orleans French Quarter 2/15 Disney Dream 2/15 Beach Club 3/15
MissyMouse80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 03:18 PM   #1388
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissyMouse80 View Post
From what I understand is the European travelers who come for weeks at a time like to go to the movies because they will not release in their country for a few months.
And I'll admit.... when the clubs were open, It could make for a decent "date night", dinner/ movie/ Clubbing until the wee hours of the morning...
DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:34 PM   #1389
ohsnapxitsamanda
Mouseketeer

Keep in mind that a lot of CMs and locals go to DTD, too. It's not just a place for tourists.
Blog: Going to Neverland

ohsnapxitsamanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 07:19 PM   #1390
Peter Pirate 2
I may be a Disney curmudgeon but I still have Disney hope
What happened to Peter Pirate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohsnapxitsamanda View Post
Keep in mind that a lot of CMs and locals go to DTD, too. It's not just a place for tourists.
LOL! Seriously? I don't think so.
Peter Pirate 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:26 PM   #1391
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohsnapxitsamanda
CMs and locals don't go enough...nor have the money to spend on 9 dollar drinks...

If they did...perhaps they wouldn't have closed PI
Bought there....(SSR 2006)

Last Trip: Too Long Ago
Next Trip: Can i borrow some money to go?
Gift Shop Quality: When did we get to WalMart?
Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

"May the Space Being bless the Free Market"
lockedoutlogic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:12 PM   #1392
TheBeadPirate
Button Maker Magician & Blinkie toting Sherpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Pirate 2

LOL! Seriously? I don't think so.
I agree. Locals haven't gone in awhile- and aren't likely to for a bowling alley. And while I love Ragland Road and Bongos- we only go when we can get a discount otherwise it's out of our budget.
Old 09-03-2012, 02:39 PM   #1393
Snipedog
A Disneyaholic and Proud of It

New Pleasure Island

I was just at Disney World this labor day weekend and was able to do the backstage magic tour and are tour guide was informing us about some o fhte new things coming to Disney World in the next few years and one of them was rebirth of a form of Pleaure Island. Not in DTD but at another location over in the area near the BoardWalk. The guide was informaing us that Disney is in the final stages right now of working with outside companies that would be willing to sponser the clubs and resturants. This area is going to not be a exact replicia of the old Pleasure Island but some of the old features and clubs and facilities will be reopened there. The guide was also expolaining how Disney realized that they have lost soem of the edge to Universal City Walk but also relized that hey need to create an area that uis for adults will not hae the old issues they facted with the previous location between DTD and Westside. Hope this is goign to happen I miss the ability to have some adult fun at Disney.
Snipedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 03:34 PM   #1394
NateNLogansDad
Still Wish'n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipedog View Post
I was just at Disney World this labor day weekend and was able to do the backstage magic tour and are tour guide was informing us about some o fhte new things coming to Disney World in the next few years and one of them was rebirth of a form of Pleaure Island. Not in DTD but at another location over in the area near the BoardWalk. The guide was informaing us that Disney is in the final stages right now of working with outside companies that would be willing to sponser the clubs and resturants. This area is going to not be a exact replicia of the old Pleasure Island but some of the old features and clubs and facilities will be reopened there. The guide was also expolaining how Disney realized that they have lost soem of the edge to Universal City Walk but also relized that hey need to create an area that uis for adults will not hae the old issues they facted with the previous location between DTD and Westside. Hope this is goign to happen I miss the ability to have some adult fun at Disney.

There goes the neighborhood
NateNLogansDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 04:12 PM   #1395
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipedog View Post

There really doesn't seem to be much near Boardwalk to build something of a large scale, so I'm wondering if this is just referring to the quite dormant Flamingo Crossings project further west, similar to the one that placed the new PI next to Coronado Springs.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: