Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-29-2012, 09:44 AM   #16
raven69david
I am a Superuser. Got a problem with that?!
 
raven69david's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 2,952

This would be awesome so that I can do TSM without a 120 minute wait 30 minutes or so after DHS opens. I'll FP Cars Land and then head over to TSM.
__________________
You mean there are other places to vacation besides Walt Disney World?
1997-2003: Off-site, 2004: DD born ; missed this year, 2005: SoG for MVMCP, 2006: AKLSV for Magical Beginnings, 2007: ASMo/AKLSV for MVMCP, 2008: CSR for Surprise Trip in August, 2008: AKLSV/CR/POP for MVMCP, December 2008May 2009: Pop/AKLSV, August 2009: POFQ/WL-CL, December 2009: AKLSV for MVMCP Too many since then to list and WAYYY tttoooooooo many more to go.............
raven69david is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:45 AM   #17
WEDWDW
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 10,504

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnothin View Post
OP on that thread is very much in the know. I think this pretty much confirms it.
I agree totally!

Things can always change,but that site is very "in the know"!
WEDWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-29-2012, 09:56 AM   #18
JetsetJAK
Mouseketeer
 
JetsetJAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 193

I wonder what kind of time frame there would be on a project like this. Would Disney really work on this at the same time as Avatarland over at AK?
__________________


Fall '89 - Caribbean Beach Resort
Spring '94 - offsite (Orlando Twin Towers)
Fall '00 - offsite (Delta Orlando Resort)
Fall '10 - All-Star Movies
FALL '12 - ALL-STAR MUSIC
JetsetJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:29 AM   #19
ttintagel
DIS Veteran
 
ttintagel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,135

I dunno. I think that if they were going to do this, they would have been building two of everything from the start, like they did with the Little Mermaid ride. Otherwise, it ends up being more costly to duplicate stuff.
ttintagel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:44 AM   #20
donac
BL6 Black Team Captain
The Vanilla Rooibus was heavenly
Heigh ho - Heigh ho - It's off to lose weight I go...
 
donac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Central Jersey Shore
Posts: 5,206

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitroger View Post
I will be surprised, not because DHS doesn't need some love, becuase it clearly does.

But Cars Land is the only big hitter DCA has to offer, if Cars land is duplicated then why would anybody bother going to DCA?
Because not everyone can make it out to DCA. I haven't been on the west coast in 34 years.

I would love to see this come to DHS. It would bring a big boost to DHS.
__________________
Dona July 1980 with DH family Nov 1984 Last trip before kids Aug 1988 Poly 10th AnnvAug 1992 Port Orleans Other trips I can't nameAug 2002 POFQ, FW, AS sp with Sean and the girls Aug 2003 FW Our 25th Annv Trip Aug 2005 Camping with the Knotts Aug 2006 Twin Sister Trip Aug 2008 30 Anniv/grad Trip 2009 POFQ just us 2012 Grand Gathering with Sedlaks
donac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:46 AM   #21
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!
 
damo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Hagrid's hut
Posts: 29,298

Quote:
Originally Posted by donac View Post
Because not everyone can make it out to DCA. I haven't been on the west coast in 34 years.

I would love to see this come to DHS. It would bring a big boost to DHS.
and DLR has a lot of things that WDW doesn't. Many people, including myself, prefer DLR over WDW.


Adding Carsland to DHS is a very smart idea. There are many rides within the 4 parks with the same ride system. I don't see what the issue is if Test Track and RSR have the same system too.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:47 AM   #22
Sweettears
50 years of Disney and counting
 
Sweettears's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago Suburbs
Posts: 1,417

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryon View Post
I just got back from a California trip and experienced cars Land and the top attraction Radiator Springs Racers.....Visually the land was amazing.

I question though if they would bring Radiator Springs Racers to Florida since the attraction's technology is just like Test Track. I may be in the minority, but I like the ride of test Track better (but I did like the visual aspect of Radiator Springs better)

Makes me believe that if they brought Cars Land to Florida they may have a new/different main attraction.....but that is just a guess.

Same reason why the Indiana Jones ride at DisneyLand probably hasn't come to Disney World....The ride would be similar to Dinosaur.
I disagree. Disney has used similar ride systems in many rides before. Think HM, Little Mermaid, Nemo etc... Also Dumbo, Aladin Carpets. I think that as long as the themeing is unique they would not hesitate to repeat a ride system.
Sweettears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:18 AM   #23
Disco
Hail Eris!
 
Disco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Nevada
Posts: 759

Blah, I don't know why Disney is so fixated on Cars. Much better Pixar titles to work with. The theme doesn't really fit with the park IMO either.
HS is going to end up being the Tommorow Land of the theme parks.
Disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:26 AM   #24
pilferk
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
I feel like Rita Rodney Dangerfield...
 
pilferk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 6,556

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEDWDW View Post
Adding further weight to the talk of Cars Land heading east is the fact that veteran Imagineer Kathy Magnum has recently relocated to Florida. Kathy spent the last few years in California overseeing the Cars Land project there. Nothing has been announced by Disney at this point, so as always, this information should be treated as speculation and is subject to change."
If the reason Kathy was being brought over had to do with Cars Land....she wouldn't have been given oversight over ALL current and future projects at WDW. She would have simply been made a project manager. Disney corporate even said as much, when she got the promotion.

It's a significant promotion for her. But it lends zero insight into "will it or won't it".
__________________
Disney dreamin'...Somewhere!
11 9 7 (...our little Disney Souvenir)
pilferk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:30 AM   #25
pilferk
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
I feel like Rita Rodney Dangerfield...
 
pilferk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 6,556

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsetJAK View Post
I wonder what kind of time frame there would be on a project like this. Would Disney really work on this at the same time as Avatarland over at AK?
Likely not.

Which means, even if it happened...you'd be looking at 2016 or later.

I still remain unconvinced Disney would take the exclusive, tourist inducing, attraction they spent 3/4 of a billion on for the west coast, and move it east. It's contrary to the entire reason they built DCA (to create a destination resort, rather than the locals, passholder filled, theme park they have/had).

Not to mention Iger has said they're scaling back on significant domestic park expansion and capital investments (and this would definitely qualify).
__________________
Disney dreamin'...Somewhere!
11 9 7 (...our little Disney Souvenir)

Last edited by pilferk; 08-29-2012 at 11:37 AM.
pilferk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:32 AM   #26
pilferk
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
I feel like Rita Rodney Dangerfield...
 
pilferk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 6,556

Quote:
Originally Posted by donac View Post
Because not everyone can make it out to DCA. I haven't been on the west coast in 34 years.

I would love to see this come to DHS. It would bring a big boost to DHS.
Which is the point.

Disney wants to drive tourists out to DCA/DLR. They've flat out said so.

That you haven't been there in 34 years demonstrates their need to do it.

Whether you experience the attraction or not isn't Disney's primary concern. It's WHERE you experience it, and why, that concerns them. They WANT you to HAVE to go to DLR.

If you choose not to..that's your decision. But Disney doesn't want to make the choice easy for you. That's not their goal in all this.
__________________
Disney dreamin'...Somewhere!
11 9 7 (...our little Disney Souvenir)

Last edited by pilferk; 08-29-2012 at 11:38 AM.
pilferk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:36 AM   #27
pilferk
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
I feel like Rita Rodney Dangerfield...
 
pilferk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 6,556

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatoomch View Post
And (perhaps even more pertinent), this thread on the exact same subject (and covering basically the same topics):

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2968253
__________________
Disney dreamin'...Somewhere!
11 9 7 (...our little Disney Souvenir)
pilferk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:37 AM   #28
DanBoris
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 611

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco View Post
Blah, I don't know why Disney is so fixated on Cars. Much better Pixar titles to work with. The theme doesn't really fit with the park IMO either.
HS is going to end up being the Tommorow Land of the theme parks.
Because even though the Cars franchise may not be the best of the Pixar films or have the largest box office, it is the most profitable Pixar franchise due to it's merchandising.
DanBoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:13 PM   #29
ChipnDale79
Mouseketeer
 
ChipnDale79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 318

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitroger View Post
I will be surprised, not because DHS doesn't need some love, becuase it clearly does.

But Cars Land is the only big hitter DCA has to offer, if Cars land is duplicated then why would anybody bother going to DCA?
Well, because one is on one side of the country, and the other is on the other side of the country. I don't think building a Carsland in FL is going decrease the amount of people visiting DCA. I would bet a vast majority of those people visiting Carsland in FL, aren't going out west to DLR with or with a Carsland in FL.
ChipnDale79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:33 PM   #30
ChipnDale79
Mouseketeer
 
ChipnDale79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 318

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilferk View Post
Which is the point.

Disney wants to drive tourists out to DCA/DLR. They've flat out said so.

That you haven't been there in 34 years demonstrates their need to do it.

Whether you experience the attraction or not isn't Disney's primary concern. It's WHERE you experience it, and why, that concerns them. They WANT you to HAVE to go to DLR.

If you choose not to..that's your decision. But Disney doesn't want to make the choice easy for you. That's not their goal in all this.
The decision is pretty simple for this family of 4, which i consider to be pretty typical, its not worth spending an additional $1200-$1500 to fly out west to see Carsland.

I think it'll help disney get people on the west coast to come stay a few days, but I really don't think Carsland is going to draw people from WDW to DLR.
ChipnDale79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.