Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2012, 02:10 PM   #121
aaronmckie
actual name: Jason
Don't judge me by tonight

Unfortunately we're unable to attend it
Shanan has some family coming in town for the holiday weekend, so this year is out for us.

I know you all will have a great time, and plan to go next year (but hopefully be back to Indy soon).

-Jason
Old 08-27-2012, 08:14 PM   #122
ADP
I'm a huggin' foolWon't some sweet mama come and take a chance with me

Indy Disney Meet silent auction item number 9. A large quilted fleece Mickey Mouse blanket.
ADP is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-28-2012, 08:28 PM   #123
amym2
DIS Veteran

Just discovered this thread. We live in the Indy area and would love to come! It will be me, DH, DS10, and DD8 and we love, love, love Disney! We joined the DVC last year and will have our first DVC stay in October.

I didn't read through all of the posts... is there something in particular it would be helpful for us to bring?

Looking forward to meeting everyone!
Amy
amym2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:43 PM   #124
ADP

Quote:
Originally Posted by amym2 View Post
Just discovered this thread. We live in the Indy area and would love to come! It will be me, DH, DS10, and DD8 and we love, love, love Disney! We joined the DVC last year and will have our first DVC stay in October.

I didn't read through all of the posts... is there something in particular it would be helpful for us to bring?

Amy
Terrific! Looking forward to meeting your family. We are looking for more hot foods for the food table. If you could bring a hot food item that would be great.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:54 PM   #125
ADP

Indy Disney Meet silent auction item number 10. Two Indianapolis Colts vs. Cleveland Browns club level tickets for Sunday, October 21st including a parking pass.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:17 PM   #126
FairyGodmotherJen
DIS Veteran

Aaron, I'm sorry I've been MIA! The kids started a new school this year, and that on top of more active kids and my own new school calendar meant that I haven't been on the DIS very often! We'll be bringing Mickey Rice Krispie Treats, a side salad of some type, and probably some fruit (to appease our picky eaters )

We also have several tie-dye Mickey head t-shirts that we'd love to offer up for people to purchase. We'd donate all the money to GKTW, of course. Let me know if that is ok, and I can even post a few pics if it would help. If there's anything else we can do, let us know! Do you need help setting up?

October 2012 Trip report

FairyGodmotherJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:10 PM   #127
chrissyt27
DIS Veteran

I am thinking of coming on Saturday. Trying to come up with a hot dish! I used to work at Radio Disney and was laid off last year
DH and I are going to DL in Dec and also doing a 2 week cruise on the Wonder through the Panama Canal!
December 2007 Disneyland Trip with DH, December 2008 WDW trip with DH and Aunt!!
February 2009 2nd anniversary “Magic” Cruise
November 2009 Birthday at WDW, December 2010 Disney "Magic" Cruise, December 2012 "Wonder" 14 Night Panama Cruise
chrissyt27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:29 AM   #128
ADP

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyGodmotherJen View Post
Aaron, I'm sorry I've been MIA! The kids started a new school this year, and that on top of more active kids and my own new school calendar meant that I haven't been on the DIS very often! We'll be bringing Mickey Rice Krispie Treats, a side salad of some type, and probably some fruit (to appease our picky eaters )

We also have several tie-dye Mickey head t-shirts that we'd love to offer up for people to purchase. We'd donate all the money to GKTW, of course. Let me know if that is ok, and I can even post a few pics if it would help. If there's anything else we can do, let us know! Do you need help setting up?
No problem at all. Sometimes I go MIA too. Life can come in waves. The shirts are a great idea. We'll setup a separate table for the T-Shirts if you think that's appropriate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissyt27 View Post
I am thinking of coming on Saturday. Trying to come up with a hot dish! I used to work at Radio Disney and was laid off last year
DH and I are going to DL in Dec and also doing a 2 week cruise on the Wonder through the Panama Canal!
Great! Please do come. We'd love to meet you (and several others). I've been speaking with some folks at Radio Disney (some good conversation and some not so good). The Panama Canal sailing sounds great. I hope you have a terrific time! See you on Saturday.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:29 AM   #129
ADP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronmckie View Post
Unfortunately we're unable to attend it
Shanan has some family coming in town for the holiday weekend, so this year is out for us.

I know you all will have a great time, and plan to go next year (but hopefully be back to Indy soon).

-Jason
Thanks for checking in Jason. Tell Shanan and Aaron we said hi. We hope to catch you next year.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:52 AM   #130
smjj
DIS Veteran - Been there done that going back but now as a DVC member!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amym2 View Post

Amy
Ahhhh, good another DVC member going. Look forward to meeting you. This will be our 3rd time for this meet..smjj

Been too many times and stayed too many places to mention here. Now a proud DVC member at OKW
smjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:22 AM   #131
hops&dreams
DIS Veteran

Do I really remember something about Dole Whips at a DIS meet, or was I dreaming that? lol!

Jan 2010 - Wilderness Lodge. OUR PERFECT TRIP!
Feb 2012 - Wilderness Lodge. Terrific escape from the SuperBowl!

*missing having a ticker... I wanna go back!

Feb 2014 - According to DH, we're going back "next winter," whatever that means. Not specific enough for a ticker... yet!
hops&dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:40 PM   #132
ADP

Quote:
Originally Posted by hops&dreams View Post
Do I really remember something about Dole Whips at a DIS meet, or was I dreaming that? lol!
Unfortunately, this year you would be dreaming.
Old 08-30-2012, 01:28 PM   #133
ADP

Hi Everyone -
To those of you trvelling from out of town. The weather forcast for the Indy area is calling for rain this Saturday. We are expecting on and off showers all day from what is left over from Isaac. The majority of the rain will occur on Sunday. If you are coming in via car please be careful and use caution. Our event is all indoors so there's no need to worry about any outdoor activities causing problems. We hope to see you on Saturday.
Old 08-30-2012, 01:41 PM   #134
Dan Murphy
We are family.

The races don't look like they will be dry on Sunday. I may take a long rest in my hotel, LOL.

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Dan Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:51 PM   #135
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

We DO need the rain in the Midwest. Too bad it doesn't know to rain only at night! Better this Saturday when we are inside than 2 weekends from now during the Indy Irish Fest! http://indyirishfest.com/index.html

Aaron - did you see my PM about the 2nd item I have for the silent auction?
NancyIL is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: