Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 04:31 PM   #661
scdak
DIS Veteran

Would someone there now do a small favor for me?

I would like to decorate our window at POFQ for Halloween, is there anyone there now that would measure or even "guestimate" the dimensions? Or is there anyone that that has been before and decorated the window that could tell me the dimensions? I would appreciate it so very much.
POR Jan 2012
POFQ Oct/Nov 2012
WL / POFQ Fall 2014 - maybe sooner
SOONER IT IS - March 30-April 5 - offsite with family
Old 08-26-2012, 05:14 PM   #662
Gorechick
DIS Veteran

Hey! Looking for my POFQ buddy- is it you Sarmat?
DTD-Courtyard by Marriott August 1997
Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon August 2002
Port Orleans- French Quarter Anniversary (AND Hurricane Charley) August 2004
Port Orleans- Riverside Royal Room- 10th Anniversary and First Trip with Twins August 2012
DS's WISH trip - Hopefully Aulani Resort! Summer 2015

Me (44) DH (40) DS (9) DD (9)

Waiting impatiently for our next family WDW trip!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-26-2012, 06:26 PM   #663
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by scdak View Post
I would like to decorate our window at POFQ for Halloween, is there anyone there now that would measure or even "guestimate" the dimensions? Or is there anyone that that has been before and decorated the window that could tell me the dimensions? I would appreciate it so very much.
We leave in 9 days and I'd be happy to throw a measuring tape into the luggage and do it for you if nobody else can before, but please could I ask you to PM me in 10 days or so and remind me? We are there for 18 nights so plenty time to do it for you x
Old 08-26-2012, 07:44 PM   #664
cutigress
Earning My Ears

Looking to go to POFQ early next February. So excited!
Old 08-26-2012, 08:15 PM   #665
scdak
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tiggies View Post
We leave in 9 days and I'd be happy to throw a measuring tape into the luggage and do it for you if nobody else can before, but please could I ask you to PM me in 10 days or so and remind me? We are there for 18 nights so plenty time to do it for you x
That would be so nice of you, I will PM you after you have had a few days of fun! I think the windows are multipaned? If so if you could tell me the number of panes and the size of the pane it would be great, I can work from that. If its seperate panes then I won't need the total dimensions. I never have a measuring tape but I measure all the time with a dollar bill, its 6 inches in length (or there abouts).

I have a king room reserved, does anyone know the locations of these - do they have one or two windows? I don't know if they are scattered about the resort in all the buildings, at the corners of the buildings etc. Not a crucial bit of information by any means, I would just like to bring plenty of decorations if there might be 2 windows. Thanks.
POR Jan 2012
POFQ Oct/Nov 2012
Old 08-26-2012, 08:32 PM   #666
Jillianv29
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tiggies

Oh man. I am jealous. 18 nights!!!
Old 08-26-2012, 11:52 PM   #667
sarmat1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorechick View Post
Hey! Looking for my POFQ buddy- is it you Sarmat?
Hey Gorechick. Still here ending our 10 days flying out Tuesday. I still can't believe that we randomly crossed paths 4 times in 4 totally different places. My DD asked me if I thought that we would see your DD again on this trip. I had to tell her that you guys already left - she was bummed.
Old 08-27-2012, 07:01 AM   #668
2Tiggies

Quote:
That would be so nice of you, I will PM you after you have had a few days of fun! I think the windows are multipaned? If so if you could tell me the number of panes and the size of the pane it would be great, I can work from that. If its seperate panes then I won't need the total dimensions. I never have a measuring tape but I measure all the time with a dollar bill, its 6 inches in length (or there abouts).

I have a king room reserved, does anyone know the locations of these - do they have one or two windows? I don't know if they are scattered about the resort in all the buildings, at the corners of the buildings etc. Not a crucial bit of information by any means, I would just like to bring plenty of decorations if there might be 2 windows. Thanks.
No problem :-)

I'm just worried I might forget - or not remember your user name and not know who to reply to when I get back with my head full of sunshine and pixie dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillianv29 View Post
Oh man. I am jealous. 18 nights!!!
No matter how long you stay, it just never feels long enough!
Old 08-27-2012, 08:01 AM   #669
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tiggies View Post
Are you just going to bring a power strip from the UK and plug it into a single adapter? Not a bad idea
It certainly is, I have two UK power strips plugged in at the moment at POR (one behind the bedside table and the other next to the table/chairs). We also have a kettle plugged into the socket by the sinks, and my phone charger by my bedside (closest to the bathroom wall).

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 08-27-2012, 08:10 AM   #670
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
I would like to decorate our window at POFQ for Halloween, is there anyone there now that would measure or even "guestimate" the dimensions?
I'm at POR with a tape measure. The windows here on the ground floor of Alligator Bayou are in four large segments, each 67cm (26.5 in) wide by 72cm (28.5 in) tall. Other parts of the resort (upstairs at AB and all of the mansion buildings) have those panes further divided into quarters, giving 16 sections. The smaller sub-dividers are only an inch or so wide.

French Quarter windows seem to have two larger vertical sections, each of which have six sub-panes (giving a total of 4 across and 3 down).

And I thought they were all the same, just shows there's always something new to learn!

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14

Last edited by andrewilley; 08-27-2012 at 08:22 AM.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:52 AM   #671
mco65
Mouseketeer

I have been to POR at least a half dozen times.. also staying there in Nov and can't remember squat like that.. not sure its old age or simple forgetfulness.
2012-POR, 2011-ASMusic, 2010-Grand Floridian, 2009-Pop, 2009-ASSports, 2008-POP, 2008-ASMusic, 2007-POR, 2007-POP, 2007 - off site, 2006-ASSports, 2006-POR, 2006 - Disneyland, 2005-POP, 2005 - off site, 2003-POR, 1994 - off site
Old 08-27-2012, 09:00 AM   #672
scdak
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
I'm at POR with a tape measure. The windows here on the ground floor of Alligator Bayou are in four large segments, each 67cm (26.5 in) wide by 72cm (28.5 in) tall. Other parts of the resort (upstairs at AB and all of the mansion buildings) have those panes further divided into quarters, giving 16 sections. The smaller sub-dividers are only an inch or so wide.

French Quarter windows seem to have two larger vertical sections, each of which have six sub-panes (giving a total of 4 across and 3 down).

And I thought they were all the same, just shows there's always something new to learn!

Andre
Thank you so much, thats a great help to me! Now I have to get to work creating, I have great ideas, just have to figure out if they are doable!
POR Jan 2012
POFQ Oct/Nov 2012
Old 08-27-2012, 10:06 AM   #673
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlDreamer View Post
I'm going to bring a powerstrip as well, makes it a lot easier as we'll only need one adapter
yep power strip, however it seems to me that on the dresser where the coffee pot was there were multiple outlets and that it where I did all my rechargeing, but there was only me in the room. I always bring the powerstrip when there is more than one person staying in the room.

Okay no one else is talking about the built in strip by the coffee pot on the dresser, but I swear I remember it because as I left the room my first morning I thought that it would be okay to just leave my stuff there charging as I wasn't worried about someone coming into the room since I had stopped maid service.

I also had a outlet on the wall between the bed and the wall of the bathroom. I sleep with a device and that is where I plugged it in.

So I'd bring a charger.

Last edited by bookgirl; 08-27-2012 at 10:19 AM.
Old 08-27-2012, 01:35 PM   #674
2Tiggies

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookgirl View Post
Okay no one else is talking about the built in strip by the coffee pot on the dresser, but I swear I remember it because as I left the room my first morning I thought that it would be okay to just leave my stuff there charging as I wasn't worried about someone coming into the room since I had stopped maid service.

I also had a outlet on the wall between the bed and the wall of the bathroom. I sleep with a device and that is where I plugged it in.
Yes, you're right because that's the one I used for the laptop last year and the one near the bathroom was used for the hair straighteners (yeah, yeah, we had a resort photo session so that's my excuse)
Old 08-27-2012, 02:25 PM   #675
Twinkly-Tink
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I'd be interested to know this too, we have a king room booked for Next September

Me 42 DH 41 Barney 14

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: