Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 11:41 PM   #646
sarmat1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillianv29 View Post
Anyone been swimming with little ones recently? Was it easy to get a life vest? Can the kids go down the slide with one? I am getting conflicting info.
Yes, Yes and Yes.

You go to the gift shop to get a vest. It's free, but you have to sign it out for your stay. You return it at the end. If you don't return it, they charge you around $45. The vests come in many sizes and several colors (I saw at least blue and yellow). So take your kids if they want to pick out which color.

As for the slide, no reason for conflicting info. While I'm not near a scanner to upload right now, I did take a picture of the slide rules today. The last rule actually encourages you to get a "complimentary life vest". So not only are vests allowed on the slide, it's even stated right in the rules on the sign. The thing you can't do on the slide is go down with your kids. It's strictly enforced for 1 person at a time. It feeds into around 3 to 3.5 feet of water. For non-swimming kids, you have 2 options. One is wait at the bottom for them. The other (and better one) is just put them in a vest (assuming they're at least comfortable enough in the water to handle that). My kids absolutely love the slide (DS4 is doing it with a vest). Today, the lifeguards increased the amount of water that they were pushing down which significantly increased the speed (and made it easier for adults to get down, not that I would necessarily know this last fact first hand )
Old 08-23-2012, 05:14 AM   #647
Jillianv29
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarmat1

Yes, Yes and Yes.

You go to the gift shop to get a vest. It's free, but you have to sign it out for your stay. You return it at the end. If you don't return it, they charge you around $45. The vests come in many sizes and several colors (I saw at least blue and yellow). So take your kids if they want to pick out which color.

As for the slide, no reason for conflicting info. While I'm not near a scanner to upload right now, I did take a picture of the slide rules today. The last rule actually encourages you to get a "complimentary life vest". So not only are vests allowed on the slide, it's even stated right in the rules on the sign. The thing you can't do on the slide is go down with your kids. It's strictly enforced for 1 person at a time. It feeds into around 3 to 3.5 feet of water. For non-swimming kids, you have 2 options. One is wait at the bottom for them. The other (and better one) is just put them in a vest (assuming they're at least comfortable enough in the water to handle that). My kids absolutely love the slide (DS4 is doing it with a vest). Today, the lifeguards increased the amount of water that they were pushing down which significantly increased the speed (and made it easier for adults to get down, not that I would necessarily know this last fact first hand )
Thank you, thank you, thank you. I was reading on POR that some patents said their little ones couldn't go down in them. This made me feel so much better!!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-23-2012, 06:48 PM   #648
lisadisney2003
Mouseketeer

Leaving in about two weeks and we are super excited! We have a garden view reserved. Typically I like building 4 but am also considering a request for building 5. In looking on portorleans.org it mentions that only the upper levels of building 5 facing the pool are considered "water view" Does that mean that the ground floor facing the pool would be garden view? Does anyone know?

POFQ - Sept. '12; Lake Travis, TX - July '11; Helen, Georgia - Nov. '10; ASMu - Sept. '09; POP - Sept. '07; ASMu - Sept. '05; ASMu - Sept. '04; POFQ - April '04; Off Site - Sept. '03; Off Site - Christmas '01; Off Site - Sept. '99; CBR - Sept. '94; And many more....
Old 08-25-2012, 08:39 AM   #649
GirlDreamer
DIS Veteran

Yay, single digit dance Can't wait since this is my first time at POFQ

WDW CM: Feb. 2006 - March 2007 and Aug. 2008 - May 2009 Previous trips: Feb. 2007 (Saratoga Springs), Sept. 2007 (Off-site), Sept. 2010 (POP), Sept. 2012 (POFQ) Next trip: Disneymoon Nov 13th - Dec 4th 2014
Old 08-25-2012, 10:56 AM   #650
utkscvol1
DIS Veteran

Got our Mickey mail today. 35 days
Old 08-25-2012, 04:23 PM   #651
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Can anyone confirm how many electric power points are in the rooms at POFQ? I'm trying to remember from last year .....

I recall one just at the entrance to the vanity area, one over by the table and chairs and another near the bedstead (?) We seem to have so many more gadgets that need charging this year, now that DD has her own stash and I'm trying to plan accordingly
Old 08-25-2012, 04:50 PM   #652
dfin
Earning My Ears

I brought a powerstip last year, I don't want to plug my electronics in near the sink. It really came in handy
Old 08-26-2012, 02:54 AM   #653
GirlDreamer
DIS Veteran

I'm going to bring a powerstrip as well, makes it a lot easier as we'll only need one adapter

WDW CM: Feb. 2006 - March 2007 and Aug. 2008 - May 2009 Previous trips: Feb. 2007 (Saratoga Springs), Sept. 2007 (Off-site), Sept. 2010 (POP), Sept. 2012 (POFQ) Next trip: Disneymoon Nov 13th - Dec 4th 2014
Old 08-26-2012, 07:23 AM   #654
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

We recently stayed in a Comfort Inn and they had something I had not seen before and really like. In the base of each lamp, there were two or three receptacles. Dh was able to plug his cell phone charger into the lamp base instead of hunting all over the room for a reachable receptacle. More hotels needs these lamps.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:20 AM   #655
teetee830
"If you can dream it you can do it."~Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tiggies View Post
Can anyone confirm how many electric power points are in the rooms at POFQ? I'm trying to remember from last year .....

I recall one just at the entrance to the vanity area, one over by the table and chairs and another near the bedstead (?) We seem to have so many more gadgets that need charging this year, now that DD has her own stash and I'm trying to plan accordingly
If I remember correctly there is one over beside the bed nearest the bathroom as well. I think I remember plugging my phone in there and having it in the bed with me. Oh and there is the one by the nightstand and one behind the TV but they are hard to reach.

]
Old 08-26-2012, 02:03 PM   #656
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlDreamer View Post
I'm going to bring a powerstrip as well, makes it a lot easier as we'll only need one adapter
Are you just going to bring a power strip from the UK and plug it into a single adapter? Not a bad idea

Some of our things like my phone charger, hair straighteners (DD!!!) and some styling tongs definitley have a US plug so they won't need an adapter which is great.

Thanks all

10 days and counting
Old 08-26-2012, 02:28 PM   #657
tinkerbella16
DIS Veteran

Exactly 4 weeks from today I will be checking into POFQ!!! Love love love this resort and I will be in a river view room!

Old 08-26-2012, 03:07 PM   #658
Robin K
DIS Veteran

9 more days til we are checking into the World!
We aren't doing online check-in...
Anyone else going to be there at the same time? Sept 4-17...woohoo
Old 08-26-2012, 03:17 PM   #659
GirlDreamer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tiggies View Post
Are you just going to bring a power strip from the UK and plug it into a single adapter? Not a bad idea
Yep, that's exactly what I'm going to do Got the idea about the powerstrip from these forums, and figured it would be so much easier if I just use that with my adapter

Old 08-26-2012, 03:18 PM   #660
Houston86
Mouseketeer

3 days until we check in .

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Many day trips as a kid grew up in Florida, 1995 CBR, 2000 Contemporary, 2008 POFQ, 2009 POFQ, 2012 POFQ, 2015 AoA
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: