Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2012, 10:27 PM   #1366
mitros
I'm not nuts, I just appear to be
86 miles from the magic
The Tag Fairy will retire when people don't want anymore tags or she's asked to, whichever comes first :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGBOBOFTHENORTH View Post
I understand a Walgreens is going in at FC. Not sure if construction has begun yet but my Blog covered the story several months ago.

There is some activity happening (supposedly) at Mannequins. That was my story today at: http://savepleasureisland.blogspot.c...ving-into.html

As always, don't believe it until you see it!

BobK/Orlando
Are you sure about that Walgreens Bob? Wasn't anything at all happening over there last week. We are going down for our anniversary on the 23rd. I'll drive back there again and have a closer look-see
Old 07-12-2012, 05:43 PM   #1367
KINGBOBOFTHENORTH
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fannatic View Post
I don't know if any of you have read the Disney Gossip's report on the big plans for Downtown Disney.
Can you please post a link? As for Marvel, they can't use the characters in Florida as you probably know since Universal has the rights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
....why they didn't at least put the toll north of Western Way.
The current placement assured that anyone coming south off the Turnpike to Disney would pay one toll and anyone coming north off I-4 to Disney would pay one toll.

BobK/Orlando
KINGBOBOFTHENORTH is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-17-2012, 11:00 AM   #1368
zulemara
Oh Boy! I'm a WDW sailor!
Had a Thriller of a time on the Wonder

I wrote a blog you all might be interested in
Pleasure Island: Dispelling-the-Myths/

zulemara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 08:27 AM   #1369
rebecca06261
DIS Pirate Wench

Location: Living in Fantasy Land on most days but sleeping in Spring Hill, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulemara View Post
I wrote a blog you all might be interested in
Pleasure Island: Dispelling-the-Myths/
Great job on piecing all of the information together!
rebecca06261 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 08:42 AM   #1370
macleod1979
Mouseketeer

Nice blog post. Thanks for sharing
Old 07-24-2012, 06:22 PM   #1371
KINGBOBOFTHENORTH
DIS Veteran

On the SAVE PLEASURE ISLAND BLOG today the rumors about Mannequins and Comedy Warehouse reopening are discussed!

BobK/Orlando
Old 07-25-2012, 09:07 AM   #1372
ToddS
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGBOBOFTHENORTH View Post
As for Marvel, they can't use the characters in Florida as you probably know since Universal has the rights.
Isn't the stipulation that they can't use the Marvel Characters inside a theme park? (Hence the Avengers monorail is OK.) There might be some wiggle room there, since Pleasure Island is not a "theme park" per se. Or maybe I'm mistaken on the wording of the restrictions.
ToddS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:32 PM   #1373
KINGBOBOFTHENORTH
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddS View Post
Isn't the stipulation that they can't use the Marvel Characters inside a theme park? (Hence the Avengers monorail is OK.) There might be some wiggle room there, since Pleasure Island is not a "theme park" per se. Or maybe I'm mistaken on the wording of the restrictions.
I do believe Universal has the theme park rights only. There apparently is no problem with the monorail because it's a transportation device. I think Marvel characters wandering around DTD would be a big problem.

And in reality, Disney hasn't figured out how they're going to use Marvel characters outside Florida yet. So they're sure not going to try them out inside Florida.

BobK/Orlando
Old 08-17-2012, 12:48 PM   #1374
whodini
Mouseketeer

Found it interesting that the Parks Blog posted about the Comedy Warehouse yesterday - http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...wntown-disney/

Quote:
While the laughs have stopped at the Comedy Warehouse at Pleasure Island, last year the troupe was resurrected for a holiday special at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Today, guests can visit the Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor at Magic Kingdom Park for a fresh serving of jokes by the monsters of Monstropolis.
Could this lend more credence to the CW rumors?
Old 08-18-2012, 12:20 PM   #1375
mcd2745
You're only young once, but you have your whole life to be immature!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodini View Post
Found it interesting that the Parks Blog posted about the Comedy Warehouse yesterday - http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...wntown-disney/

sounds more like them just using the name of a beloved place that they closed down to promote something else....unfortunately.
Old 08-18-2012, 05:47 PM   #1376
KINGBOBOFTHENORTH
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodini View Post
Thanks for sharing this; I think this will need to go into a SPI Blog article next week.

The Disney Parks Blog is an official Disney mouthpiece. They could have done a Monsters Inc Laugh Floor article quite easily without ever mentioning Comedy Warehouse. The fact most of the article is about CW says something. Quite interesting!

BobK/Orlando
Old 08-25-2012, 12:10 PM   #1377
dismom58
Disney Destined

Smile Downtown Disney Expansion

Just found this in the Tampa Bay Newpaper from March 2012, know its a bit old but seems legit -Splitsville will open a new location in Downtown Disney after about three years of negotiating with Disney officials about theme, format, prices, menu and operating hours.

The new location will make the restaurant/bowling alley’s Channelside location look small. Downtown Disney’s location will be two stories with 30 bowling lanes and seating for 750, according to the Tampa Tribune. Splitsville takes over a former Virgin Records store at 50,000 square feet. The restaurant’s Channelside home is about half that size.

Splitsville also has locations in Dallas, Miami and Fredericksburg, Va. Co-owner Guy Revelle told the Tribune the company hopes to open a new location once a year for the next few years.
ought I would put it out there:
Old 08-25-2012, 12:16 PM   #1378
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismom58 View Post
Just found this in the Tampa Bay Newpaper from March 2012, know its a bit old but seems legit -Splitsville will open a new location in Downtown Disney after about three years of negotiating with Disney officials about theme, format, prices, menu and operating hours.

The new location will make the restaurant/bowling alley’s Channelside location look small. Downtown Disney’s location will be two stories with 30 bowling lanes and seating for 750, according to the Tampa Tribune. Splitsville takes over a former Virgin Records store at 50,000 square feet. The restaurant’s Channelside home is about half that size.

Splitsville also has locations in Dallas, Miami and Fredericksburg, Va. Co-owner Guy Revelle told the Tribune the company hopes to open a new location once a year for the next few years.
ought I would put it out there:
We've known about it for over a year It's opening this fall. Although for some reason this past spring there was a sudden increase in news about it that at least made it seem like it was new news...
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:09 PM   #1379
cupcakefairy2u
Its just me the cupcake fairy

I wonder if these are a Franchise ? The one here didnt pay their rent and got shut down and they auctioned off everything in it. We helped a friend move a booth she bought at the auction .
Old 08-27-2012, 08:16 PM   #1380
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakefairy2u View Post
I wonder if these are a Franchise ? The one here didnt pay their rent and got shut down and they auctioned off everything in it. We helped a friend move a booth she bought at the auction .
It's definitely a chain...don't know if they are franchised or not. But not every location works out, either.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: