Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Welcome to the DIS
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2012, 09:29 PM   #16
MickeyP
DIS Veteran

I think they can. The usual procedure is they move your luggage to the hotel, then to your room after you are checked in. My guess is that too many people moved rooms after they got to their room.
MickeyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:18 PM   #17
Pollyanna Poppins
DIS Veteran

Oh this is so exciting! Go with what your gut/heart is telling you to do. Even if she suspects about the boat it makes it that more exciting waiting to see if she's right. The fireworks are great because every time you two see them it will remind you of your proposal. If only the photopass people could capture this for you two that would be the icing on the cake. If you're already in a Disney hotel they will move your luggage to another Disney hotel for you as we've done this before. Explain what you're doing to the hotel and see if you can get a late checkout instead of paying for two rooms. You could also have the Disney florist deliver something to the GF room waiting for y'alls arrival. Congratulations!
Pollyanna Poppins is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-25-2012, 08:44 AM   #18
MickeyP
DIS Veteran

If you're having the Grand Floridian deliver anything, it should be the chocolate glass slipper dessert! Look at them on google images.
MickeyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 12:18 PM   #19
mmouse50
DIS Veteran

I would have dinner at either Citricos or Narcoossee's (the filet is good) and then walk along the beach and propose on the beach - then top of the evening with the fireworks cruise (have a bottle of champagne on the boat - if they can get it for you).

But congratulations and best wishes!
mmouse50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 12:21 PM   #20
ChrisRuns
Training for my third run around the World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBeast View Post
thanks for the ideas everyone! Getting the brain juice flowing!

We already have a hotel booked for the week, but I'd love to stay at the GF for the evening of our engagement. I don't mind paying for two hotel rooms, but would like to surprise her afterwards- we're staying in this beautiful hotel just the two of us! (since we will be vacationing with some friends and they are at the other location)

any ideas about how to pull this off? Can disney move our luggage from one hotel to the other while we're at dinner? Whadya think guys?
Congrats!! Your soon to be fiance is a lucky girl!

Disney may not move your things for you, but I bet your friends can! Talk over the situation with the front desk at the GF and at your other hotel, they may be able to issue an extra key for your friends to get your stuff from the room while you're at dinner. Then it's just a matter of getting over them over to the GF (cab would be easiest with luggage) and they can meet you in one of the bars for a celebratory drink.

If you want to really surprise her, propose after you finish! My DF was going to propose at the finish of the 2012 marathon, but got antsy and popped the question on New Years Eve. You'd either need to carry the ring or have someone pass it off to you at the finish, but it would be very exciting!

Plus, she'd have some bling to wear around the parks too while you have your medal on!
ChrisRuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 05:32 PM   #21
MrBeast
Earning My Ears

duh

i don't know why i didn't think of asking my friends to move our bags for me... duh!

also, I picked Citrico's because my girl is Italian and I think she'd appreciate the touch. Plus they have a Gelato trio... sold. Speaking of dessert, that slipper chocolate thing looks to die for. So thats definitely happening. Thank goodness you guys know disney so well!

Also, Chrisruns, i considered proposing during or after my marathon, but its my first, and my sister is running in her first then as well and I don't want to take away from her moment of celebration at the finish by one-upping her with a proposal. Plus my girl is kind of shy and probably wouldn't like being proposed to in front of all those ppl. Great idea though, and it definitely crossed my mind

Thanks again for all your kind words, nice to be able to discuss my plans!
MrBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:15 PM   #22
LauraLouLovesPooh
Mouseketeer

I just have to say that I am extremely jealous, as getting engaged in Disney before, during, or after wishes would be a dream come true for me. I think no matter how you do it, just like everyone else says, it will be beautiful and perfect. Staying at the GF the night of the proposal would just top everything off. Good luck, and best of all have a great time! It will truly be an amazing experience and something you both will remember for the rest of your lives!
PaulLaura
LauraLouLovesPooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 01:30 PM   #23
tinktinktink
Mouseketeer

I just saw a YouTube video the other day where a man proposed in the Cinderella suite I think that would be the most romantic special proposal ever! She thought they were just getting a tour then he got down on one knee it was so sweet! I would call Disney and see if they could arrange something like that. It's a restricted area and the ceiling was done with 24k gold! That would be a once in a lifetime experience! I'm getting excited for you!
tinktinktink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 01:59 PM   #24
sharplookingmouse
Earning My Ears

How about right in the middle of Main Street in front of as many people as possible?
sharplookingmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 04:07 PM   #25
littlebit0863
Mouseketeer

I got engaged at Disney! It was raining, practically a monsoon, and Dh kept INSISTING we hop from dhs to mk. I was against it, soaked to the bone, but he kept telling me he wanted to see Wishes. So I was cranky waiting and kept complaining to go back to the resort. Finally Wishes started and he proposed. It was very romantic and people actually stepped back to give him room! I felt awful like a jerk!
littlebit0863 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 05:55 PM   #26
Dream.Finder
Creative Consultant at The Disney Store (West Edm Mall)

Also, don't forget to call the Disney Wedding Planners or general Guest Services Line! They'll be helpful for sure!
Those magic sparks, in me and you.

Dream.Finder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:53 AM   #27
MrBeast
Earning My Ears

Tinktinktink - I saw that video too! it was very cool, although my gf isn't that big of a cinderella person, so maybe not right for her. Seemed to be perfect for that couple though! and Littlebit- what a great story! I bet that proposal cheered you right up

She has been without me a ton of times, I feel like I'm more excited than her about the trip, both because of having never been before and because I know whats going to happen while we're there!!

Hopefully this makes it her best WDW trip ever. Thanks for all the kind words and advice guys
Old 09-07-2012, 11:57 AM   #28
monica9
Mouseketeer

This is so exciting. I think the walk by the yaht and make them tell you to they have extra room on the boat if you guys want to join for free. That will definitely make her say yes about getting on the boat! Obviously pay them beforehand.....
Where are you staying the rest of the week?
Old 09-14-2012, 04:13 PM   #29
MrBeast
Earning My Ears

hotel

Monica9: I think we are staying at the location that is all "Cars" decorated? Not quite certain to be honest, my sister booked it and i'm just expected to open my wallet when the time comes

I booked the GF for the one night- man I don't know how people can afford to stay there an entire vacation!! But it sure looks beautiful.
Old 09-14-2012, 04:44 PM   #30
3BoysRDisneyFreaks
DIS Veteran

congrats and good luck!

Once you stay at the Grand Floridian, you will never want to stay anywhere else.

Sarah
Mason (6)
Wyatt (2)
Haden (the babe)
3BoysRDisneyFreaks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
engagement, proposal