Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-20-2012, 05:34 PM   #1
Vexorg
Princess Wanted

Some random Disney facts that are not true

During my just completed visit to Disneyland, I was with a couple of friends, and over the course of the five days we spent in the parks, we kept making up random "fun facts" about Disneyland and its various attractions completely off the top of our heads and posting them on Facebook. Since some people might find some of these amusing, I thought I'd post some of these "Disney Fact that are Not True" from our trip. Feel free to make up your own:

- Due to declining bird population, most birds in the skies over Disneyland are now animatronics. Occasionally one wanders away from the park; if you find one and return it, you get a free churro.

- In order to avoid having to put a Proposition 65 warning on the ride, in 2007 all of the water in Pirates of the Caribbean was replaced with a nitrogen-based substitute. Most people do not notice the difference, but Disney junkies endlessly debate whether the real-water version is better than the fake water version on Internet forums. Ironically, if water gets into the "water", they have to take the ride offline for cleanup. Real boats would sink in this substance, so the boats had to be specially modified.

- As a show of Disney's commitment to alternative energy, King Arthur's Carrousel has recently been converted to be powered by four oxen.

- In order to move the phases of the Moon to a more convenient time for photo-taking opportunities within the parks, Disney has created an artificial moon over California Adventure which normally has its phases eight days out of alignment the real moon, but can also be modified as necessary. On October 27th 2005, the fake moon malfunctioned, and for roughly three hours there were two separate moons over the park.

- Although many theories have been made about the origins of the name of Disneyland's exclusive Club 33, the club received its name from the fact that when it opened in 1967, the cost of a meal at the club was $33. Among the many special benefits that Club 33 members enjoy is the fact that they are each allowed to bring home up to six of the park's feral cats each year.

My Blog: http://thesledgehammer.wordpress.com - The Sledgehammer - Version 2.0

Last edited by Vexorg; 08-20-2012 at 06:52 PM.
Vexorg is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: