Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Disney Promotions and Celebrations--Current Promotion: Limited Time Magic
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-19-2012, 05:43 PM   #106
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

The key is a service member may activate no more than six tickets during the entire promotion. If six are activated, one must be for the service member. Once the tickets are activated the service member does not have to be present for use.

The name, date of birth, address and telephone number of each person must be entered in the Automated Ticketing System at the time of activation.

Some of the pointws are not yet clear. For example, the Press Release says all must be activated at the same time, and it con only be done once during the promotion. The internal information implies that activation can only be done once. There are still other points which require clarification.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 05:52 PM   #107
mckryan
DIS Veteran

Understood. I know the first few weeks of the promotion all the details are still shaking out. I read on the Disney Military Tips Q&A that two 4-day tickets cannot be used back to back. So, if we are coming for a 9 day trip and wanted to buy four 4-day tickets for the two of us for 8 days of park visits, am I to understand we will not be able to do that with this promotion? I know we were able to do that with previous promotions.

ETA: the DMT page said that you had to wait a minimum of seven days between using two 4-day tickets for one person.
mckryan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-20-2012, 07:39 AM   #108
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckryan View Post
Understood. I know the first few weeks of the promotion all the details are still shaking out. I read on the Disney Military Tips Q&A that two 4-day tickets cannot be used back to back. So, if we are coming for a 9 day trip and wanted to buy four 4-day tickets for the two of us for 8 days of park visits, am I to understand we will not be able to do that with this promotion? I know we were able to do that with previous promotions.

ETA: the DMT page said that you had to wait a minimum of seven days between using two 4-day tickets for one person.
Yes, you are correct, there is a 7 day waiting period between ticket uses.
Old 08-20-2012, 07:41 AM   #109
mckryan
DIS Veteran

On the official Disney rules and regs page, there is nothing stated there about a seven day waiting period. This is why I wanted to find out specifically from someone that works with tickets.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:36 AM   #110
SpudNut
Earning My Ears

Buying Military Discount Tickets for both Disneyland & WDW

I can't seem to find the answer to this anywhere:

My husband (retired Army) and I are going to Disneyland in Oct and WDW in Dec. Can we buy the Armed Forces Salute tickets for both parks? Do we have to purchase both sets of tickets at the same time? Can we buy WDW tickets at Disneyland?

I guess what I'm asking is, can we use the discount at both parks during the 2012-2013 promotion?

Cheshire Figment, any thoughts?

TIA!
SpudNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:42 AM   #111
Steve TLT
Disney Armed Forces Salute Expert - USAF Retired

Quote:

Hi everyone,

The info I'm posting on my site is what I've been told by Disney through official Disney media channels. But as Cheshire Figment says "Some of the points are not yet clear." Which has happened during the early stages of previous salutes. And the policies that Tickets uses are what really matter.

I'm anxiously awaiting the real "boots on the ground" info from CF, as you all are.

WDW fan "resume": Wide eyed kid, Disney World Castmember, Day Guest, Multi-Day Guest, Family Trips, Just us two, Disney Military blogger. Walt was a Genius!

Visitor's Center Spring '71 | MK '71, '72, '73, '74, '75, '76, '77, '78, '85 | EPCOT '85 | WDW Cast Member 12/85-12/88 Tomorrowland Terrace (old school, not the new one) | MK '89, '90, '91, '92, '93 | MGM '91 | EPCOT '93 | Tokyo Disney '93 | MK '95, '96 | AK '98 | Disneyland '99, '00 | Shades of Green June '00 | All Star Movies Christmas '01 | Wilderness Lodge April '03 | CBR/Contemp Tower Nov '03 (F&W Fest) | Wilderness Lodge Villas Nov '05 (F&W Fest) | Shades of Green/Beach Club Nov '07 (F&W Fest) | Coronado Springs Oct '09 (F&W Fest) | Animal Kingdom Lodge Nov '10 (F&W Fest) | Shades of Green Jun '11 | PO Riverside Aug '11 | Swan Nov '11 (F&W Fest) | Pop Century Jan '12 | PO Riverside May '12 (Heroes Work Here Event) | AS Sports May '12 | AKL Oct '12 (F&W Fest) | Shades/AS Sports Jul '13 | Beach Club Concierge Sep-Oct 13 (F&W Fest) | PO Riverside Nov '13 (Heroes University Event) - Do you see a trend? We love the Food and Wine Festival
Steve TLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:00 AM   #112
mckryan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve TLT View Post
Hi everyone,

The info I'm posting on my site is what I've been told by Disney through official Disney media channels. But as Cheshire Figment says "Some of the points are not yet clear." Which has happened during the early stages of previous salutes. And the policies that Tickets uses are what really matter.

I'm anxiously awaiting the real "boots on the ground" info from CF, as you all are.
I'm really hopeful that there is not a waiting period of 7 days in between 4-day ticket use. That will make a big difference for our trip.
Old 08-21-2012, 08:16 AM   #113
catiesmom
Earning My Ears

My FIL is retired military and coming with us to WDW in April. Our plan is for him to get 6 passes. But I'm a little confused as the actual use of the passes. FIL will purchase the passes at the base and then we'll be together for activation.

However, we won't always be together at the parks. We have young children that will need to nap in the afternoon while a couple of the adults stay at the parks. DH and I may try to get in a date night and leave the kids with the grandparents. Based on what I've read, it seems like we will need to be together every time we enter a park. Is that correct?

Thanks!
catiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:17 AM   #114
mckryan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by catiesmom View Post
My FIL is retired military and coming with us to WDW in April. Our plan is for him to get 6 passes. But I'm a little confused as the actual use of the passes. FIL will purchase the passes at the base and then we'll be together for activation.

However, we won't always be together at the parks. We have young children that will need to nap in the afternoon while a couple of the adults stay at the parks. DH and I may try to get in a date night and leave the kids with the grandparents. Based on what I've read, it seems like we will need to be together every time we enter a park. Is that correct?

Thanks!
Once the tickets are activated, your FIL will no longer need to be with you to enter the park.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:13 AM   #115
catiesmom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Once the tickets are activated, your FIL will no longer need to be with you to enter the park.
Excellent! Thank you
catiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:53 PM   #116
ILuvTinkerbelle
Mommy the Magic Maker

Sorry if this has been answered already:

We are going in January of 2013....we were unable to get the military discount on the resort we wanted...which was fine, it was only a small bit higher then another section.....we are hoping that we might get free dining....I asked the CM about the ticket discount and how that relates to the free dining, which you need to have at least 2 day ticket to get.....she said that once the free dining is announced, we would need to rebook as a package, get our military tickets and then upgrade?

I am very confused....we are there 7 night but only want to do 4 days at Disney so the military offer was great for us....will I be forced to get a 2 day pass for each of us in order to get the dining as well if it is offered for free?

Does this question make sense? I know I am just speculation on the free dining but other threads have said it will be announced soon for that time of year......thanks for any help!
Pop Century 2004
Port Orleans French Quarter 2005
Carribean Beach Resort 2009
Disney Art of Animation: Lion King Suites 2013

ILuvTinkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 01:42 PM   #117
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvTinkerbelle View Post

We are going in January of 2013....we were unable to get the military discount on the resort we wanted...which was fine, it was only a small bit higher then another section.....we are hoping that we might get free dining....I asked the CM about the ticket discount and how that relates to the free dining, which you need to have at least 2 day ticket to get.....she said that once the free dining is announced, we would need to rebook as a package, get our military tickets and then upgrade?

I am very confused....we are there 7 night but only want to do 4 days at Disney so the military offer was great for us....will I be forced to get a 2 day pass for each of us in order to get the dining as well if it is offered for free?

Does this question make sense? I know I am just speculation on the free dining but other threads have said it will be announced soon for that time of year......thanks for any help!
First, you can't "stack" discounts - you can only have one. So, you can EITHER get the military rate on the room and pay for dining OR you can pay rack-rate for your room and get "free dining." You can't do both. So, you have to look at what level of resort you want and what the military discount is (30% values, 35% mods, 40% deluxes). Then, you figure out how much the dining plan will cost you and decide which offers the greatest savings.

If you run the numbers and decide that getting your dining plan for free is a better deal than the room discount, then you can book that package. You will have to buy a 2-day ticket for each person. A 2-day base ticket (at current prices) is $176 for adults and $164 for children. The new Military Salute tickets are $156 for 4-day park-hopper or $156 for a 4-day base ticket with the Water Parks & More options, or $184 to get both options. Since the $156 military ticket is cheaper than the regular 2-day base ticket, you might not be able to "upgrade" those. I think the ticket you "upgrade" to (specifically for the Military Salute) has to be more than the ticket you're trading in. So, you'd have to get the Military Salute ticket with both options. Or you could just save the 2-day tickets for another trip.

If you're planning to stay Value and would want the regular dining plan (one CS, one TS, one snack) you'd have to pay the difference to upgrade that from the QSDP which is generally the one offered with "free dining." Make sure you include that in your cost analysis.

Hope this helps and wasn't too confusing!

"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

More than 25 trips to Disney World since age 4, including:
Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!
Claire&TheBoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 01:55 PM   #118
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvTinkerbelle View Post

Claire explained it perfectly, I will give you the short answer. If you do the free dining deal, you MUST purchase 2 day base tickets for eveyone in the party that requires a ticket.

In my experience, the Military deal is the best one out there. The dining plan isn't going to be a great deal next year, I guess unless you can get it for free. I have always run the numbers for all available discounts and the Miltary one comes out on top. But, we are also a party of 2 adults and usually only go for 3 to 4 nights.
Old 08-29-2012, 05:40 PM   #119
anc876
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudNut
I can't seem to find the answer to this anywhere:

My husband (retired Army) and I are going to Disneyland in Oct and WDW in Dec. Can we buy the Armed Forces Salute tickets for both parks? Do we have to purchase both sets of tickets at the same time? Can we buy WDW tickets at Disneyland?

I guess what I'm asking is, can we use the discount at both parks during the 2012-2013 promotion?

Cheshire Figment, any thoughts?

TIA!
This is what I was wondering, too. We want to take trips to both DL and WDW next year. The response I received from Military Disney Tips indicated that the two parks are disconnected, so military should be able use the tickets at both parks. I still don't understand if the 6-ticket limit is across the board for both parks or each park has a separate 6-ticket allowance. I will have to call my local ITT office but they are closed right now.
anc876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:18 PM   #120
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

The WDW and DLR ticketing systems do not talk directly to each other. People at one location in Guest Relations can look at the other system's tickets, but this is only done to confirm validity of tickets if there is a crossover situation.

The Armed Forces Salute limitations are separate for the two locations. And you cannot purchase tickets for one coast from the other.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: