Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2012, 09:34 PM   #511
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
I'm sure all the DVC have been booked for quite awhile now. At the 7 month mark things were booking up pretty quickly.

Any non-DVC availability? I'm sure Swan & Dolphin are booked by now. How about a Value? Any availability there? Worst case would they consider one of the DTD good neighbor resorts? Allears and Mousesavers often have links with some great rates for those hotels.
There is room in WDW resorts. Just thought they might be able to save a little money renting Sandy's points. Even in August it has never been a problem in years past, actually.

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
PNO4TE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:51 PM   #512
Angel16
Member of the 'Jambo! WildBunch'
Mouseketeer

Laura and Elin, Thank you both for your thoughts regarding the GM seminar. We are talking about our options.

Ann
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-05-2012, 07:08 AM   #513
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
There is room in WDW resorts. Just thought they might be able to save a little money renting Sandy's points. Even in August it has never been a problem in years past, actually.
There's a thread on the DVC boards discussing the issue of how it is becoming more difficult to get reservations.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2968580

I only read a few posts, but consensus seems to be "more members, less availability".

We've only been members for 6 years, but we too have noticed it becoming more difficult, especially the last couple years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel16 View Post
Laura and Elin, Thank you both for your thoughts regarding the GM seminar. We are talking about our options.

Ann
You're very welcome!

Happy Sunday!!

RachelTori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 12:36 PM   #514
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Good afternoon, everyone! hope you all have a great Sunday!

Old 08-05-2012, 05:02 PM   #515
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
Good afternoon, everyone! hope you all have a great Sunday!
My 3 kids, DIL and I spent the day with my parents, celebrating their 83rd birthdays a week early! (I'll be at Fort Leonard Wood, MO for their birthdays 8/9 & 10. )

JD didn't come with us as he was at the Braves game...... in a Suite!

I have so much to do the next couple of days; then fly to MO Wednesday morning. I won't be around much the next couple weeks, but will check in when I can.

I am going to try to book the 10/14 Mexican Tequila Lunch for JD & myself, but if I don't get through right away 8/14, I won't be able to keep trying (or holding) so I'm prepared to be disappointed.

Old 08-10-2012, 02:07 PM   #516
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

I booked the "Baked" Culinary Demo for Laura, JD and myself this morning!

Also booked the Las Rocas Wine Seminar for the girls and myself as well as the Neige Premium Beverage Seminar for them.

That is all we are doing extra, other than the Swolphin Classic and Wine Blending Seminar.

Less than 60 days now!!

Old 08-10-2012, 08:46 PM   #517
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
I booked the "Baked" Culinary Demo for Laura, JD and myself this morning!

Also booked the Las Rocas Wine Seminar for the girls and myself as well as the Neige Premium Beverage Seminar for them.

That is all we are doing extra, other than the Swolphin Classic and Wine Blending Seminar.

Less than 60 days now!!
I am so happy about Baked!!!

Thank you very, very much for getting that booked for us!

Can't wait!

Old 08-19-2012, 06:47 AM   #518
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

It's lonely around here!!

AKL-IPO got DH & I the Mexican Tequila Lunch on 10/14 (Elin, you should have seen JD's face light up when I told him!! )

I'm hoping work doesn't get in the way, but I may have to adjust my arrival/departure dates by a day or 2. Hopefully I'll know soon (although UM likes to do things spur of the moment - their definition of soon and mine are waaaay different!! )

Happy Sunday!

Old 08-19-2012, 08:31 AM   #519
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

Quote:
It's lonely around here!!

AKL-IPO got DH & I the Mexican Tequila Lunch on 10/14 (Elin, you should have seen JD's face light up when I told him!! )

I'm hoping work doesn't get in the way, but I may have to adjust my arrival/departure dates by a day or 2. Hopefully I'll know soon (although UM likes to do things spur of the moment - their definition of soon and mine are waaaay different!! )

Happy Sunday!
Congrats on getting the lunch you wanted... David and I are just now regretting going this year, but we will stay strong!

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
dgbg100106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:39 AM   #520
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by racheltori View Post
it's lonely around here!!

Akl-ipo got dh & i the mexican tequila lunch on 10/14 (elin, you should have seen jd's face light up when i told him!! )

i'm hoping work doesn't get in the way, but i may have to adjust my arrival/departure dates by a day or 2. Hopefully i'll know soon (although um likes to do things spur of the moment - their definition of soon and mine are waaaay different!! )

happy sunday!
what?!?!?!?

Old 08-19-2012, 11:53 AM   #521
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Laura, I hope that your work comes together so you can go to all your events.

I'm hoping that the RA doctor can come up with something that will give Fran some relief, but will not inhibit her leg healing. I didn't bother to book anything, just in case we aren't able to go.
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 03:13 PM   #522
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
Congrats on getting the lunch you wanted... David and I are just now regretting going this year, but we will stay strong!
You do have a couple of fabulous cruises planned, right?! That should take some of the sting out of missing this year's F&WF. (although I still don't know why you couldn't sneak a weekend in here or there (10/12-14)........... )

Quote:
what?!?!?!?
I did tell UM I'm busy 10/7-17, but if they really, really need me and it overlaps for a day or 2, I would make the sacrifice. Now, having looked at the calendar, the start date isn't a problem, but the last couple of days could be an issue. I'm not going to worry about it yet! I will definitely be there 10/7 through 10/14!

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Laura, I hope that your work comes together so you can go to all your events.

I'm hoping that the RA doctor can come up with something that will give Fran some relief, but will not inhibit her leg healing. I didn't bother to book anything, just in case we aren't able to go.
Alison, I am so sorry that Fran is still having health issues. We'll keep prayers coming that relief is just a doctor visit away.

Old 08-19-2012, 03:25 PM   #523
TyRy
Part of the problem is I wear my shorts
It is making me nutty

Quote:
I did tell UM I'm busy 10/7-17, but if they really, really need me and it overlaps for a day or 2, I would make the sacrifice. Now, having looked at the calendar, the start date isn't a problem, but the last couple of days could be an issue. I'm not going to worry about it yet! I will definitely be there 10/7 through 10/14!
I hope it works out so work won't interfere with your vacation! My BFF and family are now flying down instead of driving. So I changed my flight to 10/6 and may just leave it there even if they cancel. I thought about cancelling part of my week as well and flying down 10/10, but if I'm going to lose the points to holding status, I might as well just come down anyway. My fingers are still crossed for them, but it's not looking too good.

Quote:
Alison, I am so sorry that Fran is still having health issues. We'll keep prayers coming that relief is just a doctor visit away.

I'm also sorry that Fran is still having issues, hopefully they will clear up enough that you'll be able to get away...you guys deserve it with everything you've been through.
Mickey's Hand is Back in my Pocket - A Trippie for Sept/Oct 08 and 1st Trip Home to AKV
Trip of New Phases, Friends & 40 - Sept 09 - CR/AKV
*A Giraffe Meets the Beach - Oct '10 BCV/AKV* *Oct '11 AKV/Poly *1st Birthday Trip and Disney Dream Cruise - Dec '11 AKV* *Oct '12 - 18 days! AKVJ, BWV, AKVK*
*Nov 2013 AKVJ* *Extra May 2014 Trip SSR*
TyRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 03:52 PM   #524
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyRy View Post
I hope it works out so work won't interfere with your vacation! My BFF and family are now flying down instead of driving. So I changed my flight to 10/6 and may just leave it there even if they cancel. I thought about cancelling part of my week as well and flying down 10/10, but if I'm going to lose the points to holding status, I might as well just come down anyway. My fingers are still crossed for them, but it's not looking too good.
Prayers for your BFF and her family.

Old 08-19-2012, 04:01 PM   #525
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

Quote:
You do have a couple of fabulous cruises planned, right?! That should take some of the sting out of missing this year's F&WF. (although I still don't know why you couldn't sneak a weekend in here or there (10/12-14)........... )

No cruises until feb.... But we will be flying on the 13th of Oct to see our families in Texas. So I wished I could come down, but I will have to wait until next year or the next...

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
dgbg100106 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: