Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Coping and Compassion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-16-2012, 07:53 PM   #1
seguemike
Earning My Ears

Justin: 6/26/1993-2/26/2012

I am writing to see if anyone else has been on a WDW trip like the one we are about to embark on. My wife and I lost our only child, and our whole world, to cancer in February. He never made it to his high school graduation. He did get one final trip to Disney in December of 2011 and it was magical. Whenever we were planning our annual vacation trips, he would always choose Florida and how could we say no. We love it too So, in December we are spending a week at WDW, staying at Coronado Springs. They say that when you lose your child, you are left to live his life for him. So that is what keeps us going. We went to all of his favorite new movies this summer, action heroes and Disney were his favorites. Now we are planning our annual vacation and we could either stay home and wallow in our sorrow, which will increase since it is that magical time of anticipation of Christmas to come, or we can do what Justin would want to do...go to Florida! We have taken him their six times in the last eleven years (that was all we could afford) and we are very apprehensive on how this trip is going to go. We have never been here without him. Also, we are celebrating my wife's 50th birthday during our trip. Any thoughts?
seguemike is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: