Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 08:01 PM   #181
footballmouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by footballmouse View Post
I just looked thru some pictures of the resort & noticed the marketplace selections for grocery items (donuts, bread, etc). Wondering if it would be cheaper & easier to order things from the Garden Grocer, pack some poptarts & such in our luggage (we're flying) or just buy things from the Marketplace. We don't really want to waste a snack credit for a bagel or whatever for breakfast.
Any thoughts?
Old 08-07-2012, 08:19 PM   #182
DT83097
DIS Veteran

10 days til we arrive at the YC and this is my 500th post!! Wanted it to be on this thread

Aug 1997 CBR; 2000 CSR; April 2002 Offsite; April 2007 Poly ; Aug 2007 CBR
Aug 2009 Poly; Sept 2010 YC; Sept 2011 Poly; Aug 2012 YC ;Feb 2013 BLT; Sept 2013 BC
CSR Feb 2014-upgraded to YC! ; June 2014 GF
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-07-2012, 08:20 PM   #183
gonemousin'
Mouse-a-holic

Not sure if it's cheaper, but we wanted some specific brands and items that we weren't sure the marketplace carried so we put an order in with Garden Grocer for our upcoming trip. Additionally, as my DH pointed out, we don't want to spend precious vacation time at the BC 'grocery shopping'...hate doing that enough at home, LOL.
6/80 Offsite, 7/90 Poly, 8/95 Offsite, 5/05 ASMo, 12/05 Grand Floridian, 8/06 Pop Century, 9/07 Pop Century, 8/09 Disney Magic & Contemporary, 5/11 Disney Wonder Alaska, 8/12 Beach Club, 8/14 Beach Club
Old 08-07-2012, 08:25 PM   #184
DT83097
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Any thoughts?
Jen - Depending on how much you would want to have in the room I would go for Garden Grocer. Super easy and I would think generally cheaper than Marketplace - but you have to account for the $12 delivery fee with GG. If you are only planning a few things then packing them in suitcase and maybe grabbing milk at Marketplace would be cheaper. I generally order milk, box of cereal, granola bars, fruit, beverages (water, gatorade, juice boxes for kids), cracker snacks or similar items we can throw in the park bag so GG is easier / cheaper for us.

Aug 2009 Poly; Sept 2010 YC; Sept 2011 Poly; Aug 2012 YC ;Feb 2013 BLT; Sept 2013 BC
Old 08-07-2012, 08:26 PM   #185
Lalabubbles
Mouseketeer

Sorry if this question has been answered all ready, but is there a toaster we would be able to use in the mornings? I am thinking of brining bagels for breakfast TIA

Old 08-07-2012, 08:29 PM   #186
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DT83097 View Post
10 days til we arrive at the YC and this is my 500th post!! Wanted it to be on this thread
Congrats on your milestone post and for sharing it with us!

Old 08-07-2012, 08:36 PM   #187
DT83097
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Congrats on your milestone post and for sharing it with us!

Thanks Dee - it only took me 5 years and you have 10x that many in only 4! Guess that shows I'm more of a stalker

Old 08-07-2012, 09:25 PM   #188
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

So I was looking at upgrading my standard room to deluxe or something...then I priced out some other options and it's actually cheaper to do a 1 BR villa at Saratoga than a deluxe, etc. at BC. Thoughts??
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 08-07-2012, 09:32 PM   #189
BLTtinkerbell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannette View Post
I LOVE it when a plan comes together!! I booked DD and FDSIL's airfare to Cancun over the weekend.... They are flying RT from MCO to CUN... this is going to require a RT flight from DFW to MCO and one night at the Hyatt (booked) before the flight to Cancun. What all of this means is the airfare part of the wedding is booked almost!! Waiting on SW fares for April 2013 to be released. I still have to add the dinning and wine plan to the reservation and book the tours and dinning!! We are at 255 days until the wedding and 260 days until the Disneymoon which means.... 80 days until dinning reservation time!!! I'm getting there!!! This is going to be the best time for them!!!

Ok thanks for the listen!! I like to write it out so I know what i have left to do!!!

~Nannette
It will be a fantastic Disneymoon!

Old 08-07-2012, 10:00 PM   #190
Scott MC
DIS Veteran

Thanks for all the nice wishes! I'm quite proud of myself, though DP and I hit up the new Orange Leaf (Do y'all have these where you live? AMAZING), so now it's probably more like 24.25lbsl lost!

Anyway...good to see that at least as of June, the H20+ Bath Aquatics was still being used. I wonder what they use at BWI? I'll have to stock up at BC! I'm a big fan of the H20+ line, but I think a lot of resorts are using a grapefruit flavor...and I hate grapefruit! I actually saw on AllEars.net, that a blogger did a recent AKL-CL stay, and they are using the Spa line that usied to be only in suites or at the GF.....now if BC or BWI adopted those...I'd be in HEAVEN!
Old 08-07-2012, 10:11 PM   #191
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
So I was looking at upgrading my standard room to deluxe or something...then I priced out some other options and it's actually cheaper to do a 1 BR villa at Saratoga than a deluxe, etc. at BC. Thoughts??
I've stayed at SSR (2br)and standard and deluxe at BC. Deluxe rooms at BC are CL. That is quite a price jump from Standard.

If you're going for all out commando park attack it won't matter. But if you want to enjoy the resort and areas around the resort there is no comparison. SSR is nice. BC is heaven. SSR is close to Downtown Disney and spread out. BC is close to EP, BW, HS, Beaches and Cream, SAB and compact......You get the idea. BC standard room vs SSR 1BR. BC wins hands down everytime (says the BC nut).

Old 08-07-2012, 10:43 PM   #192
catho72
DIS Veteran

I'm going to chime in on the safe topic....not that any topic is unsafe, but ya never know!

I was able to fit two iPad's, a Kindle, a wallet, and a wallet size zippered pouch in our BC safe. Nothing got smooshed or broken. I wish it were a tad larger so I could have put the kid's iPod's into it, but oh well. I was impressed with all I DID fit in there.

NM, you crack me up with each post!

Teena, I'm so happy for you and your family! Princess Lily is such a precious gift!

I'm missing the Beach Club with every fiber of my being. WDW used to be my happy place. My happy place has gotten even more specific...it's at BC!

2/02 Holiday Inn (now Nick Hotel) 2/08 POR 9/08 POR 6/09 Regal Sun/Windsor Hills 7/10 Windsor Hills 7/11 Windsor Hills/AKL/BLT 7/12 Beach Club/AKL 7/13 BC CL 2/14 POP/SSR for PHM weekend 6/14 POR/BC CL/AoA split stay

Old 08-08-2012, 04:32 AM   #193
Katesdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
My only thought is you get what you pay for. SSR is nice, safe, distant. YC/BC is great, safe, close. Save money, stay at SSR and do a few extra activities like a dinner at DTD and a show. Stay at YC/BC, walk to Epcot and do a dinner in Germany or Mexico and watch the fireworks. If saving money is what you need to do in order to enjoy WDW, then SSR is your answer. I've been very fortunate to be able to afford the deluxe resorts when it's just the DW and me visiting the mouse. With the kids, we look at the moderates like POR. Heck, I'm just happy we can afford to get to WDW every once in a while.
Old 08-08-2012, 05:24 AM   #194
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Marketplace questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalabubbles View Post
Sorry if this question has been answered all ready, but is there a toaster we would be able to use in the mornings? I am thinking of brining bagels for breakfast TIA
Here is the picture of the Cooking Station available at the BC Marketplace

Cooking Station:

The toaster is in the middle. Thanks for the picture, pixarmom!

Purchasing food at The Marketplace vs. a grocery delivery service:

Quote:
I just looked thru some pictures of the resort & noticed the marketplace selections for grocery items (donuts, bread, etc). Wondering if it would be cheaper & easier to order things from the Garden Grocer, pack some poptarts & such in our luggage (we're flying) or just buy things from the Marketplace. We don't really want to waste a snack credit for a bagel or whatever for breakfast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonemousin' View Post
Not sure if it's cheaper, but we wanted some specific brands and items that we weren't sure the marketplace carried so we put an order in with Garden Grocer for our upcoming trip. Additionally, as my DH pointed out, we don't want to spend precious vacation time at the BC 'grocery shopping'...hate doing that enough at home, LOL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DT83097 View Post
Jen - Depending on how much you would want to have in the room I would go for Garden Grocer. Super easy and I would think generally cheaper than Marketplace - but you have to account for the $12 delivery fee with GG. If you are only planning a few things then packing them in suitcase and maybe grabbing milk at Marketplace would be cheaper. I generally order milk, box of cereal, granola bars, fruit, beverages (water, gatorade, juice boxes for kids), cracker snacks or similar items we can throw in the park bag so GG is easier / cheaper for us.
You may have already looked through this thread, but there are pictures of a lot of the food offerings at the Marketplace as well as some representative prices as of December 2011:

Beach Club Marketplace Photo and Information Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 05:56 AM   #195
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Disney View Post
Hi Everyone! This is my very first post!!! I've been to Disney many times and am a long-time lurker of the disboards. We live in CT and my husband is a CM. Since we don't live in FL we feel more like visitors than CMs when we visit the parks.

April 2013 we are planning to take our kids to the BC. My husband and I stayed YC CL for our 15th anniversary, but figured the kids would enjoy the BC atmosphere more. We are currently booked BC CL GV.

Thanks for delurking and this thread!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1, but unfortunately, I'll have to leave your questions about the BC CL GV rooms to other experts. I think at least some of the rooms look over the volleyball court, but I'm not positive what all of the rooms look out on.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: