DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-06-2012, 09:05 AM   #166
DenLo
DIS Veteran
 
DenLo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Missouri City, TX
Posts: 4,810

To me it's obvious that all those people that bid less than $50 per point on an OKW contract have an excellent chance of being ROFRd. If you look at Donald is #1's ROFR thread, http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=2552 you'll see that her thread documents that those bids are mainly ROFRd.
__________________
--Denise

DenLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 10:03 AM   #167
wdrl
DIS Veteran
 
wdrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: BLT, AKV, Aulani
Posts: 2,577

Monthly ROFR Data - UPDATED 07/07/2012

In June 2012, Disney Vacation Development continued its recent practice of reacquiring Old Key West deeds. For the month, 12 OKW deeds containing 2,724 points were required by DVD. Since August 2011, when it resumed exercising ROFR on OKW deeds, DVD has reacquired 90 OKW containing 18,732 points. Although that may sound like a lot of points, it represents less than one-quarter of one percent of OKW's 7,678,935 total points.

There is some speculation that DVD is specifically ROFRing OKW deeds that expire in 2042. The thinking is that DVD reacquires points that were not extended by the original owners and then resells them with the extended 2057 expiration date. However, so far the data doesn't seem to support that line of thinking. Of the 12 OKW deeds that were ROFRed in June, 6 deeds containing 1,524 points expired in 2042. These six had quitclaim deeds filed by the original owners giving DVD ownership of their deeded interest from 2042 to 2057. For the other 6 OKW deeds containing 1,200 points I could not find any corresponding quitclaim deed; thus, it appears that the owners extended their deeds to 2057 .

More information about ROFR activity is available on Donald is #1's thread. Click here to jump to her latest summary page.

__________________
wdrl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-25-2012, 11:24 AM   #168
El Perro
Earning My Ears
 
El Perro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenLo View Post
To me it's obvious that all those people that bid less than $50 per point on an OKW contract have an excellent chance of being ROFRd.
Making the seller pay MF seems to be an even bigger trigger to Disney on a quick glance. Some below $50 per point have cleared ROFR.

This appears to be more of a risk management strategy of not allowing these contracts to fall in the hands of people who aren't even willing to pay them immediately. It's not exactly fair because I'm sure that many who are asking the seller to pay MF are simply trying to get the best price, but I understand the reasoning.
El Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 10:03 AM   #169
belias21
DIS Dad's Club Member #717
 
belias21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 270

Eagerly awaiting the July numbers...

Curious to see if the trends continue. I've got an OKW contract in the monkey's hands right now and I'm nervous (100pts @ $54/pt).
__________________
Brian




..........
belias21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:17 AM   #170
disneydiva58
Dis Addicted Diva and DVC Member
 
disneydiva58's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: sugarloaf,new york
Posts: 219

I also have an OKW contract in the monkeys hands!
190pts@$53/pt
Fingers crossed for all of us that are waiting!!!!!
__________________
disneydiva58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:43 PM   #171
belias21
DIS Dad's Club Member #717
 
belias21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 270

Is there any confirmation (or quasi-confirmed speculation) that loaded contracts get ROFR'd more than stripped ones?

Going through the ROFR lists that Donald is #1 and mac_tlc post, it certainly seems like the ones that get snagged (particularly OKW) are generally quote loaded. If this is the case, why do you think? I would guess that Disney can then turn around and sell them as add-ons and include "one-time" (ie - banked or prior yr) points as a promotion.
__________________
Brian




..........
belias21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 04:19 PM   #172
wdrl
DIS Veteran
 
wdrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: BLT, AKV, Aulani
Posts: 2,577

Quote:
Originally Posted by belias21 View Post
Is there any confirmation (or quasi-confirmed speculation) that loaded contracts get ROFR'd more than stripped ones?

Going through the ROFR lists that Donald is #1 and mac_tlc post, it certainly seems like the ones that get snagged (particularly OKW) are generally quote loaded. If this is the case, why do you think? I would guess that Disney can then turn around and sell them as add-ons and include "one-time" (ie - banked or prior yr) points as a promotion.
I suppose there is some advantage to DVD if it can ROFR a fully loaded contracted with last year's points. However, DVD never (at least I have never seen it) offers banked points on a new master contract or add-on. If I add on through DVD with a February UY, DVD will give me points as of February 2012. They never seem to offer February 2011 points to someone buying after the start of the new UY.

BTW - I know I'm late updating the ROFR thread for July. My wife and I have been here at WDW since July 29, and I've put my ROFR and point tracking endeavors on the back burner. I guess I could work on it tonight, but I think I'd rather go to Hollywood Studios for tonight's EMH. Please accept my apologies.
__________________
wdrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 04:42 PM   #173
DannysMom
DIS Veteran
 
DannysMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 2,023

Enjoy your vacation and the EMHs! (Wish I was there too!) The numbers will still be around when you get home. We'll try to be patient.
__________________
--Me! & DH ,- 10 YEARS OLD, mild CP, & a Disney fan & twins, & --4!
DVC BCV owners!
DannysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:24 PM   #174
DougEMG
DIS Veteran
 
DougEMG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Victoria, BC, Canada
Posts: 1,698

Quote:
Originally Posted by belias21 View Post
Is there any confirmation (or quasi-confirmed speculation) that loaded contracts get ROFR'd more than stripped ones?

Going through the ROFR lists that Donald is #1 and mac_tlc post, it certainly seems like the ones that get snagged (particularly OKW) are generally quote loaded. If this is the case, why do you think? I would guess that Disney can then turn around and sell them as add-ons and include "one-time" (ie - banked or prior yr) points as a promotion.
This year I got a SSR contract with 3 years of points on it and I paid no MF.
__________________
DougEMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:05 PM   #175
belias21
DIS Dad's Club Member #717
 
belias21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 270

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdrl

I suppose there is some advantage to DVD if it can ROFR a fully loaded contracted with last year's points. However, DVD never (at least I have never seen it) offers banked points on a new master contract or add-on. If I add on through DVD with a February UY, DVD will give me points as of February 2012. They never seem to offer February 2011 points to someone buying after the start of the new UY.

BTW - I know I'm late updating the ROFR thread for July. My wife and I have been here at WDW since July 29, and I've put my ROFR and point tracking endeavors on the back burner. I guess I could work on it tonight, but I think I'd rather go to Hollywood Studios for tonight's EMH. Please accept my apologies.
Hope you're enjoying your time at WDW! Only slightly jealous!
__________________
Brian




..........
belias21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:44 PM   #176
wdrl
DIS Veteran
 
wdrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: BLT, AKV, Aulani
Posts: 2,577

Monthly ROFR Data - UPDATED 08/13/2012

In the last 12 months, almost two-thirds of the 32,512 points reacquired by DVD via the ROFR/warranty deed process have been for Old Key West. In July 2012, 2,615 OKW points were reacquired from 11 deeds. By coincidence or design, the 11 deeds all had corresponding Quitclaim deeds, indicating that the deeds expired in 2042.

Beach Club Villas' 2,420 points was a distant second to OKV in the number of points reacquired in the past year. Saratoga Springs Resort, with 2,000 points reacquired, was in third place.


__________________
wdrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 03:20 PM   #177
icypsycho
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 10

I'm the absolute worst at this, but looking to buy points at SSR because I figure I get the greatest number of years for my money.

Does anyone know if it is a better idea to buy one contract with all the points I need or 2 contracts with the same use year at the same home resort?

Also, how far should one deviate from the asking price per point where ROFR is concerned?

At SSR, I'm looking at contracts between 100 and 200 points, and thinking about presenting an offer between 52 and 57 per point. Any suggestions?
icypsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 03:31 PM   #178
corpcomp
The 100 Yard Dash and Mr. D
 
corpcomp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Wilton, CT
Posts: 1,113

Quote:
Originally Posted by icypsycho View Post
I'm the absolute worst at this, but looking to buy points at SSR because I figure I get the greatest number of years for my money.

Does anyone know if it is a better idea to buy one contract with all the points I need or 2 contracts with the same use year at the same home resort?

Also, how far should one deviate from the asking price per point where ROFR is concerned?

At SSR, I'm looking at contracts between 100 and 200 points, and thinking about presenting an offer between 52 and 57 per point. Any suggestions?
Give it a shot but likely the lower number may be pushing it. Re the size, always easier to sell smaller contracts than larger contracts so frankly, go for the smaller ones with the same use year. If you have to sell they will go faster. The 25-50 pointers go quite fast. I would never buy over 100 again in one contract.
__________________
Corpcomp

1980-2000 - too many to count
March 01 Poly, March 02, 03 Coronado Springs
March 04 Caribbean Beaches, March 05, 06 Coronado Springs
July 06, April 07, April 08 BCV, June 08 BWV & Yacht Club, Feb 09 BWV, Halloween 09 SSR & BWV, April 10, July 10 BCV & VWL, Aug 11 BWV, Aug 12 BCV, April 13 BCV, NYE 13 BLT & BCV
corpcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 03:35 PM   #179
silmarg
SIL
 
silmarg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Westchester County, NY
Posts: 1,931

Quote:
Originally Posted by icypsycho View Post
I'm the absolute worst at this, but looking to buy points at SSR because I figure I get the greatest number of years for my money.

Does anyone know if it is a better idea to buy one contract with all the points I need or 2 contracts with the same use year at the same home resort?

Also, how far should one deviate from the asking price per point where ROFR is concerned?

At SSR, I'm looking at contracts between 100 and 200 points, and thinking about presenting an offer between 52 and 57 per point. Any suggestions?
I shared your senitments re: value for money and own at SSR via resale.

Smaller contracts tend to command a higher price. And two closings will cost more than one.

There is a great thread on these boards that will give you a sense as to what is passing - and not passing ROFR. http://www.disboards.com/showthread....61661&page=226

I think you should offer what u want to pay. Disney does not know the asking price, they know the agreed upon price.

I think mid-$50s is an attractive price (heck its got me thinking that I should buy more points).
__________________
Sil
WDW: 1979 1982 1986 1989 1997 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005(twice) 2006 2007(+4 day DCL)
2008 Aug - 15 day eastbound repo on DCL (+DL & DCA)!!!
2009 Feb - WDW (POP - buy 4 get 7 impromptu trip | Aug/Sep - Nine Days of FREE DINING and FREE SSR upgrade!
2010 Feb - Taking my parents to POR w Grand Kids | Sept - Pop Free Dining Bounce Back
2011 Feb - Grand California DVC Welcome Home | Aug - Disney Dream!!! (AKV b4 and BCV after)
2012 Feb - Carribean Beach / SSR split stay | Sept - 5 day NYC/Canadian Cruise on Magic | Oct - 3 day suprise the kids trip MNSSHP / F&W @ OKW
2013 Feb - Disney Fantasy (western) | Aug/Sept - Parents 50th Anniv. Disney Fantasy (eastern) and WDW (OKW)
2014 Feb - VGC and ABD BSM
2014 Aug - BLT
2014 Sept - Disney Magic Southern Caribbean (still on the fence on this one)
silmarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:29 AM   #180
icypsycho
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by silmarg View Post
I shared your senitments re: value for money and own at SSR via resale.

Smaller contracts tend to command a higher price. And two closings will cost more than one.

There is a great thread on these boards that will give you a sense as to what is passing - and not passing ROFR.

I think you should offer what u want to pay. Disney does not know the asking price, they know the agreed upon price.

I think mid-$50s is an attractive price (heck its got me thinking that I should buy more points).
Thanks friends, I just presented an offer at 53 per point. I expect some negotiation, but not much movement from there. Just wondering though, in the event I decide not to use banked points for a year, does anyone think the rental price per point will change from $10 per point? I imagine owners will want more given the continual increases in fees (seems like about 2.5% - 3% per year).
icypsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:48 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: