Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Dis Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2012, 01:23 PM   #91
Schafffamily
Earning My Ears

FE room numbers & more!

We've had limited cpu access the past week...only able to read and not able to post. =( But we're back now and so excited to see so many newcomers!!! Congrats to all on your fantastic rates and your quick decision to go on vacation!!!

If you have signed up for the Fish Extender group, please make sure and add your room number as soon as you have it! I have sorted the spreadsheet by cabin number, so don't fret if you go to check it out and see it's been moved around. I think this will make it easier when we are delivering our FE gifts. I will update the sorting as cabin numbers are added.

Remember, no serious rules or guidelines to this FE group...deliver your goodies whenever you'd like!

We have only 18 days till we leave for vacation! So excited can't hardly stand it!!!
Old 08-05-2012, 06:22 PM   #92
gcardona77
Earning My Ears

Days prior and after

We are planning on going to the WDW resort on Friday and Saturday before the cruise, and on Thursday and Friday after the cruise. Anyone else going?

Also, any recommendations for shore excursion at Nassau? I am leaning towards going to Atlantis, or just staying at the beach...

27 days and counting!!!!
gcardona77 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-05-2012, 07:56 PM   #93
doombuqqy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcardona77 View Post
We are planning on going to the WDW resort on Friday and Saturday before the cruise, and on Thursday and Friday after the cruise. Anyone else going?

Also, any recommendations for shore excursion at Nassau? I am leaning towards going to Atlantis, or just staying at the beach...

27 days and counting!!!!
We are staying at the port the night before and going to AKV through Sunday after the cruise. The sea lion encounter at blue lagoon was great, they are soooo cute.You can get pics with them too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schafffamily View Post
We've had limited cpu access the past week...only able to read and not able to post. =( But we're back now and so excited to see so many newcomers!!! Congrats to all on your fantastic rates and your quick decision to go on vacation!!!

If you have signed up for the Fish Extender group, please make sure and add your room number as soon as you have it! I have sorted the spreadsheet by cabin number, so don't fret if you go to check it out and see it's been moved around. I think this will make it easier when we are delivering our FE gifts. I will update the sorting as cabin numbers are added.

Remember, no serious rules or guidelines to this FE group...deliver your goodies whenever you'd like!

We have only 18 days till we leave for vacation! So excited can't hardly stand it!!!
So organized that will be great for delivering see ya real soon!

doombuqqy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 01:24 AM   #94
Schafffamily
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcardona77 View Post

27 days and counting!!!!
We're coming from the west coast, so we have to go for more than a couple days. Pretty sure it's a requirement if your flight is over four hours. We'll be at Disney World from Aug 23rd till we leave for the cruise on the morning of the 2nd. My mom (G-ma) is coming with us, and she's never been to either! She'll definitely need the relaxation of the cruise after DW lol.

Since this is a short cruise, we're thinking we'll probably stay onboard Nassau day.....not 100% certain though. 17 yo DD would love to at least take a quick stroll to say that she's been there, but I'm not sure that's feasible. Can we get off the ship and safely wander for a half an hour?
Old 08-06-2012, 07:21 AM   #95
janeecjane
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Is anyone interested in having a DISboards meet the first afternoon we're on the cruise? We participated in one last time (also our first time lol) and it was very casual. Folks just visiting from 5-45 minutes, saying hello, putting faces to names, that's about it. We could do this briefly if anyone is interested! It was kind of fun throughout the cruise smiling and saying hi when we'd see each other, or maybe be on a team during a game or activity!
hi - yes that sounds like a great idea, especially for the kids maybe, i know my teen is rather shy, and will take a bit of coaxing to go to Edge. we are definately up for that !!! - 15 daysto our holidays - suitcases out of the loft, countdown has begun !!!!
janeecjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:06 AM   #96
doombuqqy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We're coming from the west coast, so we have to go for more than a couple days. Pretty sure it's a requirement if your flight is over four hours. We'll be at Disney World from Aug 23rd till we leave for the cruise on the morning of the 2nd. My mom (G-ma) is coming with us, and she's never been to either! She'll definitely need the relaxation of the cruise after DW lol.

Since this is a short cruise, we're thinking we'll probably stay onboard Nassau day.....not 100% certain though. 17 yo DD would love to at least take a quick stroll to say that she's been there, but I'm not sure that's feasible. Can we get off the ship and safely wander for a half an hour?
Yes you can get off the ship and just wonder around and come right back, I would def go with her though. They have a sign (hard to discribe but I will try) as you go out towards the building you have to walk through which contains the straw market there is a cross beam it says Nassau Bahamas on it and is a great photo op, you can walk to the right in front of the ship and get a pic with the ship behind you depending on what order the Dream arrives. There may be another ship in front of it.Be aware that the locals can be very aggressive when selling their goods. She can ignore them and just keep walking. Lot's of pirate history there and the water is beautiful! I totaly understand having to get off the ship just to look around and say you had been there, we did it too

Old 08-06-2012, 12:10 PM   #97
gcardona77
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeecjane View Post
hi - yes that sounds like a great idea, especially for the kids maybe, i know my teen is rather shy, and will take a bit of coaxing to go to Edge. we are definately up for that !!! - 15 daysto our holidays - suitcases out of the loft, countdown has begun !!!!
I would second that!
gcardona77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:46 AM   #98
janeecjane
Earning My Ears

cruise meet up

hi guys, applied to join FB page this morning - better late than never !
it would be great to have a quick pre-cruise meet, could one of the 'experienced dreamers', please suggest a suitable point - or maybe an area for the sail away ????
janeecjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:02 AM   #99
doombuqqy
DIS Veteran

Last time we were on the Dream we did our meet at Bon Voyage in the atrium area. May be good to try and plan 2 meets, it is hard for some families to get everyone organized and in 1 place on the 1st day of a cruise. We only had 4 families show up that 1st day. It is a lot of fun meeting everyone, don't be nervous and chicken out I am a very shy person and this has helped me brake out of my shell. My husband was leery ( he's a cop go figure) at first but he loves it now. I have read on the boards that some people were doing it it on deck to so the kids could swim.

Old 08-08-2012, 01:05 PM   #100
Schafffamily
Earning My Ears

DIS boards meet!

So it's been decided..... We will meet at 3:30pm, Sunday, at the District Lounge! There was a discussion on the Facebook page....I wanted to make sure everyone here knew as well!
Old 08-08-2012, 08:24 PM   #101
doombuqqy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So it's been decided..... We will meet at 3:30pm, Sunday, at the District Lounge! There was a discussion on the Facebook page....I wanted to make sure everyone here knew as well!
Not on the FB page so I appreciate it, got it

Old 08-09-2012, 11:10 AM   #102
slm1221
Earning My Ears

Hi there! We are coming onboard for our first Disney cruise and we cannot wait! I am just now learning of the FE and am wondering if I can still join? It's just me, my DD and my DH. If we can, do we just add our name to the spreadsheet?
slm1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 08:39 PM   #103
doombuqqy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by slm1221 View Post
Hi there! We are coming onboard for our first Disney cruise and we cannot wait! I am just now learning of the FE and am wondering if I can still join? It's just me, my DD and my DH. If we can, do we just add our name to the spreadsheet?
WELCOME, I know they set a cut off date for 8/2 but I think at least 1 has added their name. I dont mind,Schafffamily is who organized it so they could probably tell you. WE GOT OUR CRUISE DOCUMENTS TODAY!

Old 08-11-2012, 03:01 AM   #104
Schafffamily
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by slm1221 View Post
Technically, we had an official cutoff date of Aug 2nd, just meaning that anyone who signs up after, it's up to each cabin as to whether or not they would like to include any latecomers. I anticipated a few and have extra FE gifts just in case, but it might not be feasible for some...so just be forewarned that if some folks planned on 16 and they don't have enough for 17.....

Regardless, GLAD to have you and welcome! =)

Oooh I just saw on the spreadsheet that this is your first cruise! Congratulations! You will not be disappointed, it's amazing! This is our 2nd cruise, we all fell in love spring break 2011 and we're bringing my mom along this time. Kids are excited to show "Gma" everything! This is her first time to WDW also. See you soon!!!
Old 08-12-2012, 12:15 PM   #105
Schafffamily
Earning My Ears

Fish Extender HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

The lady that we had ordered our Fish Extenders (and some gifts) through on Etsy just canceled our purchase THIS MORNING! We placed the order about six weeks ago and gave her a deadline of Aug 15th (because she asked for one). Unfortunately we had some really fun FE gifts ordered from her as well. Now we leave in just over a week and she JUST NOW canceled our order and refunded it!!!!!!

Does anyone have any connections, know anyone that makes Fish Extenders?

We are all so sad! We have our FE from the Mexican Riviera that we could use, but my mom had ordered one for herself as well and she's never been, so she is FE-less! So bummed I'd like to just order one from someone....ugh....

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: