Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-03-2012, 09:21 AM   #16
pilferk
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
I feel like Rita Rodney Dangerfield...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockedoutlogic View Post
agree with paragraph one, agree with paragraph two...

disney is getting too much credit with the rework of california adventure...my opinion.

This is exactly what they want and i feared.

They should get NO CREDIT because the original california adventure was built as a disaster in a string of disasterous parks/ missteps...all of which have been sold at retail price since opening.

"We spent a billion dollars for you"...great - so really you spent two billion on a park that isn't worth that and charge me 100 bucks to see it...and wasted 10 years of yours and everyone else's lives.

kudos
Not that it's an excuse (because it's not meant as one):

Remember, Lassiter has since joined Disney..and he' has (by all accounts) taken complete creative control of the DL Resort, from top to bottom.

So while I agree that Disney deserves the blame for the mess that was DCA (and, really, the waste of time and resources necessary to "fix" it)...Lassiter (and thus, I guess, Iger) deserves some credit for the fix.

It's not a zero sum...they deserve more blame than credit..but DCA is actually a park that I might consider visiting now..and not an obvious and pure profit center that provides no value and should have had disclaimer signs saying "This park exists solely to put it's hand in your wallet, and will provide almost no fun, interesting experiences (tortilla making? REALLY?), or emotional connections"

As for why AK hasn't been fixed/finished...I agree. SOME of it, probably, was the diversion of resources to DCA. But I think a good part of it is, not to sound like a broken record, nobody in control at WDW has the creative "testicular fortitude" to know what to do with it. Rhode (for better or worse) is on to his next pilgrimmage, they don't have a Lassiter type down there to work off of, and it seems like the decision makers are better at counting beans than figuring out good ways to cook them.

Last edited by pilferk; 08-03-2012 at 09:28 AM.
pilferk is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: