Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2012, 07:42 PM   #496
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyRy View Post
Booth menus are up - http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012-e...ths-and-menus/

On a sad note, not sure when I'll get there now. It would still be the 10th at the latest, but my BFF, whose family I was bringing down earlier, just found out the her DH's lung cancer came back and is now a stage IV. She's determined to make this trip as it will probably be their last as a family (boys will be 7 and 5) so I'm praying he makes it. Please say a little prayer or think a good thoughts if you could.

Tracy
I'm so sorry to hear this Tracy.

I've been going over the paid events. I would really like to do PFTS and since you ladies convinced me to bring our little scooter tray tables, we can do the Classic on Friday and PFTS on Saturday. I want to do a lunch and am looking at either the Tequila, or one of the Italian ones. I can't do the wine pairing one because it would be the same night as Flying Fish and that woud just be too much to each in one day, so maybe the beer or the regional lunch.
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:21 PM   #497
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
I'm so sorry to hear this Tracy.

I've been going over the paid events. I would really like to do PFTS and since you ladies convinced me to bring our little scooter tray tables, we can do the Classic on Friday and PFTS on Saturday. I want to do a lunch and am looking at either the Tequila, or one of the Italian ones. I can't do the wine pairing one because it would be the same night as Flying Fish and that woud just be too much to each in one day, so maybe the beer or the regional lunch.
Alison,

Elin did the Via Pizza & Beer tasting last year so she can give you her thoughts on that. Her pictures looked very appetizing!

We've done the Tutto Food & Wine pairing and it was FABULOUS!! We had a Citricos ADR for that evening (figuring the Food & Wine Pairing was just tastings and we would want dinner) but every one of us was still full from the Pairing!!! We ended up ordering appetizers at Citricos!

I've heard good reviews of the Tequila lunch.

RachelTori is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-01-2012, 10:12 PM   #498
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

I saw Elin's pictures last year. The pizza was way cool how they made three different types in one pie and I imagine that the beer tasted different with each one.

I'm leaning toward the tequila, only becuase I would pick Saturday and we won't really be doing a lot of the kiosks on that day due to how busy they get. We could do the Tequila lunch, go back to BCV enjoy the pool relax and get ready for PFTS. The other lunches are on weekdays (which would cut into my kiosk time and appetite).

Has anyone ever done the single tickets for the S&D Classic? I was thinking about that because, it might be more worth it for us. Fran can't really drink because she takes so much morphine that alcohol is a bad idea. Neither of us have very big appetites any more, so I was thinking we might get by just trying the things one at a time and buying the tickets for the items. I would have the wine, but she would probably pass.
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 06:27 AM   #499
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
I saw Elin's pictures last year. The pizza was way cool how they made three different types in one pie and I imagine that the beer tasted different with each one.

I'm leaning toward the tequila, only becuase I would pick Saturday and we won't really be doing a lot of the kiosks on that day due to how busy they get. We could do the Tequila lunch, go back to BCV enjoy the pool relax and get ready for PFTS. The other lunches are on weekdays (which would cut into my kiosk time and appetite).

Has anyone ever done the single tickets for the S&D Classic? I was thinking about that because, it might be more worth it for us. Fran can't really drink because she takes so much morphine that alcohol is a bad idea. Neither of us have very big appetites any more, so I was thinking we might get by just trying the things one at a time and buying the tickets for the items. I would have the wine, but she would probably pass.
Alison - last year I did the single tickets on my second night! I had booked the wine blending seminar the first day and wasn't even planning to do the Causeway tasting -- until I saw it!!!! I did the all-you-can-eat Friday night, and couldn't resist coming back Saturday!!

I don't remember the number of single tickets I bought (but I believe I spent $15) and that was plenty! (although I might have still been stuffed from Friday night when I went on a bit of a tasting spree!)

Old 08-02-2012, 08:12 AM   #500
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
Elin, I tend to agree. I think experiencing the Food & Wine Classic will be all the special events we need!

I do plan to book one wine and one culinary for when JD is here -- but he doesn't arrive until the 12th.
Once the girls are settled into their "new lives" and are certain that they will be able to join us for part of our trip I am sure we will look at booking one of the deminars. But that might not be until late in August. Part of what determines what we book will be based on availability then!

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
PNO4TE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:15 AM   #501
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

We have done the Italian Food & Wine Pairing and loved it. One of the best things we have ever done at F&W Festival.

The Beer & Pizza pairing at Via Napoli was a huge surprise to us last year. We were expecting beer. and pizza. And instead got good beers and great foods. I can post pictures if anyone is interested, but you can also find them on here somewhere...

Old 08-02-2012, 09:17 AM   #502
TyRy
Part of the problem is I wear my shorts
It is making me nutty

Thank you all for your prayers - they'll see the oncologist on Friday, so we'll know a bit more then. My BFF is holding up pretty well.

Quote:
OOOOO - that's a great idea. I bought the ticket for Saturday night, but wasn't sure what I would be doing Friday...maybe I'll go that way with it.
Mickey's Hand is Back in my Pocket - A Trippie for Sept/Oct 08 and 1st Trip Home to AKV
Trip of New Phases, Friends & 40 - Sept 09 - CR/AKV
*A Giraffe Meets the Beach - Oct '10 BCV/AKV* *Oct '11 AKV/Poly *1st Birthday Trip and Disney Dream Cruise - Dec '11 AKV* *Oct '12 - 18 days! AKVJ, BWV, AKVK*
*Nov 2013 AKVJ* *Extra May 2014 Trip SSR*
TyRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 02:27 PM   #503
Angel16
Member of the 'Jambo! WildBunch'
Mouseketeer

Putting together our list of must do's. My DH is not so sure the
Discovery of Grand Marnier is going to be worth the price $65.00 pp. Expecially after he read the one review attached to it. A man and his wife attended and wrote they were very upset at the price and little food and hardly any alcohol in the samples. I know a couple of you went last year I believe Elin and Laura...but my brain is a bit fried today. Can anyone who attended give me their thoughts please. I would love to go. Here is the listing for 2012.

This seminar showcases the talents of a Grand Marnier cocktail master. Included:
* Indulge in a glass of Champagne
* Sample several Grand Marnier tastings
* Savor two specialty desserts
* Mixology lesson
Read the details on the 2010 Grand Marnier Tasting here.

When: Sundays, September 30, October 7 & 21 from 2:45-4:15PM
Where: Festival Center
Pricing $65.00

Ann
Old 08-03-2012, 02:41 PM   #504
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel16 View Post
Putting together our list of must do's. My DH is not so sure the
Discovery of Grand Marnier is going to be worth the price $65.00 pp. Expecially after he read the one review attached to it. A man and his wife attended and wrote they were very upset at the price and little food and hardly any alcohol in the samples. I know a couple of you went last year I believe Elin and Laura...but my brain is a bit fried today. Can anyone who attended give me their thoughts please. I would love to go. Here is the listing for 2012.

This seminar showcases the talents of a Grand Marnier cocktail master. Included:
* Indulge in a glass of Champagne
* Sample several Grand Marnier tastings
* Savor two specialty desserts
* Mixology lesson
Read the details on the 2010 Grand Marnier Tasting here.

When: Sundays, September 30, October 7 & 21 from 2:45-4:15PM
Where: Festival Center
Pricing $65.00

Ann
Ann,

Taste, Shake and Indulge Like the French: We felt it was a great bargain, but it was less expensive then ($45 I believe).

We had fun, plus we had our fill of food & beverages. And if I remember correctly, there was a lot of tasting, shaking and indulging going on!!

It was held in Bistro and we had the place to ourselves. It's too bad Bistro is being rehabbed and you'll have to be in the Festival Center (although I love the Festival Center!).

I think that if it's something you want to do, you should do it!

Did I just help or hurt?!!

Old 08-03-2012, 02:52 PM   #505
Angel16
Member of the 'Jambo! WildBunch'
Mouseketeer

Thank you Laura. Maybe I missed another Grand Mariner seminar? I will go check the list. This sounds interesting and would be fun.

I am looking at the Italian lunch and wine one which is the same price if I remember correctly. I need to do some more research, but I have to have something to eat first. All this food talk and all I have had today is a cup of coffee.

Ann
Old 08-03-2012, 03:03 PM   #506
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel16 View Post
Thank you Laura. Maybe I missed another Grand Mariner seminar? I will go check the list. This sounds interesting and would be fun.

I am looking at the Italian lunch and wine one which is the same price if I remember correctly. I need to do some more research, but I have to have something to eat first. All this food talk and all I have had today is a cup of coffee.

Ann
I think Taste, Shake & Indulge morphed into "Discovery of Grand Marnier". They changed the name and raised the price!

Old 08-03-2012, 03:09 PM   #507
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

This was the 2010 info: (Thank you Disneyfoodblog.com )

"When: Saturdays in October from 2:30-4:30 PM at Bistro de Paris in Epcot’s France Pavilion.
What: The seminars will consist of tasting a full range of Grand Marnier liqueurs and a mini-class on how to shake and muddle Grand Marnier cocktails. Guests will be treated to Bistro de Paris-prepared flambeed crepes Suzette and frozen souffle glace.
Pricing: Cost will be $45 per person, including tax. Epcot admission is required and must be paid separately.
To Book: Call 407-WDW-FEST after 7AM on July 20th, 2010."

Definitely worth the $45 we spent!

Old 08-04-2012, 02:03 PM   #508
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

I agree with Laura that for $45 it was a great bargain, Ann. For $65 and having it in the Festival Center... that I am not so sure about. FYI - We had PLENTY to drink!!

Old 08-04-2012, 02:11 PM   #509
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

My "old' DVC friend to book a studio for the girls for 10/11-15. There is NOTHING available anywhere for those dates!

Old 08-04-2012, 03:18 PM   #510
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
I agree with Laura that for $45 it was a great bargain, Ann. For $65 and having it in the Festival Center... that I am not so sure about. FYI - We had PLENTY to drink!!
Yes we did!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
My "old' DVC friend to book a studio for the girls for 10/11-15. There is NOTHING available anywhere for those dates!
I'm sure all the DVC have been booked for quite awhile now. At the 7 month mark things were booking up pretty quickly.

Any non-DVC availability? I'm sure Swan & Dolphin are booked by now. How about a Value? Any availability there? Worst case would they consider one of the DTD good neighbor resorts? Allears and Mousesavers often have links with some great rates for those hotels.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: