Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-23-2012, 08:28 PM   #11
drlaurafsu
Mouseketeer

What? DS wants to go on a Big Ship? Must be a Disney Cruise!!

So while I've been on radio silence now for another week...DH and I have been busy bantering back and forth on the topic of a cruise. This all started when DS began talking about wanting to go on a big ship. So when I mentioned this to DH...he suggested a Disney cruise...all on his own. Of course not to be one to let an opportunity like this pass me by, I got right on doing some research. When looking at the options...many did not appeal to me.

Have zero interest in Mexico. If I'm going back to Alaska I'd go visit my good friend who lives there and has boys about DS's age. Eastern Caribbean was not that interesting. So that leaves one option...the Med! Told DH my findings. He got online and picked the one he wanted. A 12 day Mediterranean cruise next summer!! There are two options...he only was interested in the one that went to Greece.

Our thought was for DS this is a great intro to European travel. It gives him some time doing the typical touristy stuff plus some downtime that is just fun Disney stuff. Not too much time in one place, but also not packing up and moving all the time either. We will probably end up staying a few extra days in Barcelona at the end and hopefully meeting up with one of his classmates and his parents (one of the ones coming on the B-day trip with us) before we come home. Its going to be a long vacation for us and really the only one we take next year. But wow...will it be worth it!

We had pretty much decided we wanted to do it, but getting DH to pull the trigger and put down a deposit was another story. I kept telling him we needed to get on it, but didn't make much headway. Until I called him on our way to swim lessons tonight and he told me he put down the deposit!!

So that is my Disney excitement for the day! Its going to be amazing!!!
drlaurafsu is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: