Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2012, 09:52 PM   #2131
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 4 – June 12, 2012– Part 6

After I got off the monorail from the TL station, it was already past 9:30am since I was in the monorail heading back to the TL station. So it was time to head on out of the park and head on over to DCA that morning. The clouds started to clear up finally that morning and it looks nice with a few clouds in the sky.

When I left the station, TL started to pick up with more and more guests that morning. I went past Pixie Hollow and the Matterhorn towards the Hub since I wanted to get out of the park so I can head on over to DCA.

Now I was back at the Hub and as always in the morning, more and more people started to enter the park. Every time in the morning around 9:30am at DL, the crowds start to come in so it was time to high tail it out of DL and over to DCA.

At least it wasn't where the park was so full where I couldn't even walk an inch out of the park.

It was already past 9:35am that morning.

Now there were more crowds around Main Street Town Square.

The Hub looks very nice with all those flowers.

Meeting Goofy right by the fire house was really long that morning.

Now I was at the esplanadeand I was heading on over to DCA. It didn't look that bad that morning while there were few people heading on over to DCA while most of the people were heading on over to DL.

I did get a picture of the stage out at the esplanade and it was highly likely for the DCA grand re-opening on Friday the 15th.

Now heading on in towards DCA turnstiles. This will be the last time to head through the side entrance to DCA. It has been less than a year since the side entrance on the back side of Soarin was used since the former land Sunshine Plaza is now BVS with the Golden Gate bridge as the entrance to DCA. This will be the last time in a very long time when we go on the back side of Soarin as the entrance to DCA.

The side building was the Guest Relations for DCA.

When I got inside DCA, I head on over to GRR for a WoC Showpass (you would call them showpass than FP Matt). It was semi busy that morning but it wasn't that bad at all. I got to GRR and the showpass I got was of course blue for the 9pm time. There were a lot of people heading on over to PP like always every morning. But when I first entered DCA at Condor Flats there were quite a number of people heading on over towards BVS so I decided to head in that direction instead of going through PP.

Over at Condor Flats, the rope drop right by the Pilot's Taste-In restaurant was past it so it was inside BVS. This was the first time to see the rope drop by Condor Flats at BVS. So I head in that direction to see the rope drop in that area.

When I was over at BVS, the rope drop was right in between the Carthay Circle Theater and the information center. I knew that this was going to be the rope drop area for DCA in order to head on over to CL.

Also around BVS, the front of the Carthay Circle Theater is getting ready for media day and the opening day on Friday the 15th. You can see the stage and containers around the fountain.

The other rope drop was heading on over to Hollywood Land right by the Disney Junior Live on Stage! building.

After looking around, I decided it was time to head on out of the park and go back to the hotel. It was early that day and we didn't need to leave Anaheim around 11am, but I wanted to get a head start on out of SoCal and back to NorCal. So I head on out of the park just before DCA opened at 10am.

Now this was the last time I will be going through the back side of Soarin during the construction of DCA. It might be a long time until I go on the back side of Soarin to enter or exit DCA. There were a lot of people entering DCA that morning while I was exiting.

I was out at the esplanade just before 10am which DCA opened and I head on back to BWAI to meet up with my DA and pack out things.

It was around 10:10am when I got back to the room and we started to pack all of our stuff in our car. We didn't leave the hotel around 11am since I wanted to get a little break until we left that afternoon and back to NorCal.

When it was 11am, we got in our car and I drove out of Anaheim which I usually do every time. The day was nice with more and more people heading on in the park so it was a good time to leave and go back to Sacramento.

On the way up towards I-5, we did got stuck in LA traffic for awhile, but we got out of SoCal in just 2 hours which is 30 minutes longer then we usually get out. I thought if we left SoCal around 11am there wouldn't be too many people on the highway. But there were way more people on I-5 going north than I expected. Maybe it was a weekday where people are working that day and there were more people on the road than on a Sunday going back home which we usually do.

My DA took over part way when we were up in the grapevine where we stopped at our regular Carl's Jr. restaurant up on the hills.

She drove most of the way until we got to Livingston where we check on my grandmother. We stayed for awhile and have dinner until it was time for us to head on back to Sacramento. It was about 1 1/2 hour drive from Livingston to Sacramento. So I drove the rest of the way back home after she drove for about 3 hours straight. I did offer to switch, but she was fine.

We left Livingston around 8pm since we stayed in Livingston to watch the NBA Finals between the Thunder and Heat for Game 1. The Thunder won the game which made us happy, but in the end the Heat won the NBA championship which I am not happy about.

It was around 10pm when we got home, since it took another 30 minutes to get home since there was road construction at night. But overall we got home safely and that concludes our Cars Land and Buena Vista Street Sneak peek trip.

This is one of our best trips that we have ever been to the DLR. Not only were we there for the preview of Cars Land and Buena Vista Street before the public, but also for my DA birthday meals which we don't usually eat at two sit down restaurants in one day. This is one that we will never forget in a long time.

We got to go on all the rides at CL during the preview which we rode Radiator Springs Racers 5 times (2 on Saturday and 3 on Sunday), Luigi's Flying Tires twice and one time on Mater's Junkyard Jamboree. RSR surpassed our expectations when we rode it the first time. It is way better then Test Track at EPCOT. The only thing about both TT and RSR is that TT is faster than RSR. But everything else for RSR is better than TT. LFT was something that I wanted to ride ever since I saw vintage clips of the Flying Saucers at DL in the 60s. It was not as bumpy as I thought when we saw clips of Disney testing it out. MJJ is just like Francis' Ladybug Boogie where the ride vehicles goes on another track but it does swing you left and right a lot where you can easily hurt your other rider if you are a big person. So you have to hold on the bar so you don't crush them.

Also during the preview on Saturday, I got to see Alison (franandaj), Fran and Arline right at Ramone's House of Body Art. It was nice to talk to them for a short time at the preview. I also got to read her TR which was great. Here is a link to her post during their preview. PTR-F&W 2012 & Cheating on Mickey w/Harry!...Carsland Preview!

The rides that we usually do all the time (DLRR, monorail, BLAB and MFW) we got done on all four days. Most of the rides during the whole trip did look quite busy before the summertime at the DLR. The wait times were about average and the longest wait for a ride to get on was RSR during the preview. But overall we didn’t wait too long for any of the rides. We could have done more rides during that trip in the morning, but I always like to walk around the park while it is quiet and get some pics while DL is empty. It will be very interesting to go through DCA at 8am then DL in the morning.

We got to try some different food at the Cozy Cone Motel which was great but the only thing I didn't like about it too much was waiting in that long line just to get popcorn. Even though we didn't try everything at the Cozy Cone, I really like the sweet and spicy popcorn. The pretzel bites were good, but the one that I really wanted to try was the churro bites at Cozy Cone 1. But that might be a possibility during my next month trip. The one thing that also was disappointing is that we didn't eat at Flo's V8 Cafe. We were hoping to eat at Flo's V8 but when the restaurant was full and I wanted to use my time wisely at other parts of CL, we just couldn't fit it in our time. But this is another must do thing for me when I go next month.

Buena Vista Street was amazing with all the details of each one. Even though the Red Car Trolley wasn’t running that day during the preview, we still got a chance to go inside and see what it is like. Riding the Red Car Trolley is one of the must do things for my trip next month. We got to go inside the Elias & Company store which is the biggest store at DCA. The store was well themed and had a lot of choices to buy merchandise. Not only around DCA, Elias & Company also sold some CL merchandise. But most of the merchandise that we wanted was at Ramone’s House of Body Art. There were some great shops that we could easily stay in there for a long time.

We got to eat at two sit down restaurants during our trip at the ESPN Zone (twice) and Storyteller’s Café. Those two restaurants we mostly eat all the time at the DLR. She was kind of surprise to hear that we are eating at the ESPN Zone during her birthday. The main thing is that we got in so we can watch the Stanley Cup Finals where the LA Kings won that night. I wanted to eat at the Carthay Circle Restaurant during the preview, but it was closed that day unless you buy the $500 ticket in order to eat at the restaurant. My DA didn’t think it was worth paying another $900 or $850 for dinner tickets. But after hearing what you get in it, she still thinks even today that it was way too much money.

I must have took over 1500 pics of CL & BVS alone on this trip since I wanted to get every little detail of CL and BVS. Good thing that it was during a preview so there wasn't that many people. This was the most pictures I have ever taken on any trip and it was way more than the WDW trip last year. I had to switch the lens every time I got the closer shots as well as the longer shots. The ones that were great were the sign details of Cars Land which are my favorite pics.

Also with all those pics that trip, I got to try the firework trail setting for the fireworks. I want to thank PrincessInOz the most for helping setting up the settings for my DSLR when I took the pictures of the firework trails those nights. Some of them were good for the first time while some of them could have used some work. But I will try to do more firework trail pictures on my upcoming trip. So PiO, you need to remind me if you read this of what setting I should try when I take the pictures of the fireworks. Last time I set shutter speed at 4 to 6 seconds while the aperture was at f/9.0. This time I will try to set it up at 2 seconds and the aperture at 11.0 to 16.0

As always when I go to the Disney parks, we got to see Magical fireworks twice on Saturday and Monday. I also got to do Fantasmic! which I haven’t done for quite some time which is always fun to watch. The only shows that we didn’t get to see were WoC and MMY. I was disappointed that the 11:15pm private of viewing of WoC during our preview on Sunday night was canceled and moved towards the 10:15pm 2nd show of WoC. There was no way we were going to see WoC at 10:15pm while we could use that time to enjoy CL & BVS during the preview. I was also considering watching MMY after the Magical on Saturday, but I was tired that night after driving to LA, the preview at DCA and waiting for Magical that night. I was not happy that I didn’t get to see it, but that will be another show that I will see that night.

This concludes our Sneak Peek at Cars Land and Buena Vista Street on June 9th to 12th, 2012. Now I am about to work on my next post trip report will be next month with my DB and his GF. The dates will be August 13th to 15th, 2012. We will be staying at BWAI. I was hoping to get BWPPI, but the prices were just way too high. When my DB planned the dates, it was after Destination D weekend which also made me sad that I wanted to go to Destination D. I really wanted to go to Destination D since seeing the last few Destination D's at DL and WDW the last few years. I know that Alison (franandaj) is going that weekend and hope to see her there. But these were the only times that my DB and his GF available that day. The main reason for the trip is for my DB and his GF where they want to see Cars Land. They are really looking forward to the trip that I will be working on our plans for this trip. We have one reservation at Wine Country Trattoria on Tuesday at 6:30pm. We won’t be doing the WoC dining since we know that I can get the blue FPs for the 9pm show. So we are cutting it close for dining and WoC. They also want to see Radiator Springs light up at night around 8pm so everything will be close.

I’m going to start on my PTR and I could always use some ideas for my trip next month. The title for the upcoming TR was though up by PrincessInOz which is called I'm Racing Back to Cars Land with 'Bro and his Girl' in Tow Thank you for reading along DISers.

The New 2nd All in One Disneyland TR Thread

A Fantasmic Summer at the DLR with my Aunt - June 23 - 25, 2014, Going Back Down South with Bro and his Girl - July 26 - 28, 2014

Pictures of my Trip to the DLR on June 23rd to 25th, 2014

Videos of my Disney Trips on Youtube

Last edited by mvf-m11c; 07-17-2012 at 10:17 PM.
mvf-m11c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 11:52 PM   #2132
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Excellent morning and recap, Bret. You are right about where the ropes are placed for the drop. The rope blocking Hollywood land has a small opening for people to line up for RSR. CMs were allowing people through. It must have been roped off again around ToT to prevent people from sneaking into Cars Land, but we never went that far before rope drop.

You got so much done. It was an excellent trip. I am looking forward to reading about your next trip, which will be here before you know it.
kmedina is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-18-2012, 06:16 AM   #2133
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvf-m11c View Post

Also with all those pics that trip, I got to try the firework trail setting for the fireworks. I want to thank PrincessInOz the most for helping setting up the settings for my DSLR when I took the pictures of the firework trails those nights. Some of them were good for the first time while some of them could have used some work. But I will try to do more firework trail pictures on my upcoming trip. So PiO, you need to remind me if you read this of what setting I should try when I take the pictures of the fireworks. Last time I set shutter speed at 4 to 6 seconds while the aperture was at f/9.0. This time I will try to set it up at 2 seconds and the aperture at 11.0 to 16.0

I’m going to start on my PTR and I could always use some ideas for my trip next month. The title for the upcoming TR was though up by PrincessInOz which is called I'm Racing Back to Cars Land with 'Bro and his Girl' in Tow Thank you for reading along DISers.
Bret - I might have given you some pointers on the settings but those shots were all yours! You did great with them.

If you are going to increase your aperture from f/9 to f/16, this will actually make the aperture smaller, which means less light hitting the sensor. If you then reduce the time to 2 seconds, you will be letting even less light in to hit the sensor.

I would go with f/16 and keep the shutter speed anywhere between 4 - 8 seconds. With the smaller aperture, you should be able to increase the time. Hope this makes sense. As you get to the dark/quiet sections of the show, take the time down towards 4 - 8 seconds. As you get towards the brighter sections, take the time down to 2 - 4 seconds (or less, depending on how bright it will get).

And WOW! You're going with my suggestion! Thanks for the honour.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 03:36 PM   #2134
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Excellent TR and I felt almost like I was at the Carsland preview with you! I love the title for your next TR!

TK
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 06:22 PM   #2135
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmedina View Post
Excellent morning and recap, Bret. You are right about where the ropes are placed for the drop. The rope blocking Hollywood land has a small opening for people to line up for RSR. CMs were allowing people through. It must have been roped off again around ToT to prevent people from sneaking into Cars Land, but we never went that far before rope drop.

You got so much done. It was an excellent trip. I am looking forward to reading about your next trip, which will be here before you know it.
Thank you Kim. It will be very interesting when we do the rope drop at DCA that Tuesday morning next month. After reading through all these different threads, sides and your TR as well. But with my DB and his GF at the rope drop while I am inside at CL, I will meet up with them at the rope off area while I go in the queue for RSR FP. It was smart for the rope off by ToT so people won't sneak over to CL from the backside.

Thanks. We did get to ride everything at CL. There are a lot of things that I didn't do during the trip (ride Red Car Trolley & Storyteller's statue) which I will do on this upcoming trip. Just less then one month until the trip and I am getting excited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Bret - I might have given you some pointers on the settings but those shots were all yours! You did great with them.

If you are going to increase your aperture from f/9 to f/16, this will actually make the aperture smaller, which means less light hitting the sensor. If you then reduce the time to 2 seconds, you will be letting even less light in to hit the sensor.

I would go with f/16 and keep the shutter speed anywhere between 4 - 8 seconds. With the smaller aperture, you should be able to increase the time. Hope this makes sense. As you get to the dark/quiet sections of the show, take the time down towards 4 - 8 seconds. As you get towards the brighter sections, take the time down to 2 - 4 seconds (or less, depending on how bright it will get).

And WOW! You're going with my suggestion! Thanks for the honour.
You did give me great pointers for the settings and I do appreciate you helping me with it. The firework trails turned out really well for the first time. Thank you PiO.

I will be going with the settings that you mention with the aperture set at f/16 and the shutter speed at 4-8 seconds. I will be going back through my videos of Magical from the last trip and try to time out all the firework trails so I can get some good pics.

You are a big help and I do appreciate it. Your welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
Excellent TR and I felt almost like I was at the Carsland preview with you! I love the title for your next TR!

TK
Thank you TK. You should tell that to PiO (PrincessInOz) since she came up with the title and the other DISers like it too.

I am working on the PTR so it will be a few days when it is ready.

A Fantasmic Summer at the DLR with my Aunt - June 23 - 25, 2014, Going Back Down South with Bro and his Girl - July 26 - 28, 2014

Old 07-19-2012, 08:09 PM   #2136
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Hey Princess - good job with the title for Bret's upcoming trip report I may have to call on your word-smything for my next trip TBD.
Old 07-20-2012, 07:04 AM   #2137
PrincessInOz
in

Quote:
Hey Princess - good job with the title for Bret's upcoming trip report I may have to call on your word-smything for my next trip TBD.
Thank you.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Old 07-22-2012, 10:33 PM   #2138
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

After a long day today with looking for DSLR accessories, I finally finished the PTR.

I just completed the Sneak Peek of Cars Land & Buena Vista Street June 9 -12, 2012 Trip Report and now I am working on my upcoming trip back to Anaheim with my DB and his GF. We will get to the PTR shortly about my upcoming trip next month until I do a quick recap of my last trip.

This last trip was the most anticipated trip that my DA and I have ever done going to the DLR. It was mostly to see Cars Land and Buena Vista Street during the AP/D23/Club 33/CM preview. Not only we were there for the preview, it was also my DA birthday which was on the 11th. This was a great birthday trip for her as well since we get to see Cars Land and Buena Vista Street before it was open to the public in a few days. We have been waiting for almost 4 years for Cars Land to be completed and it finally is completed. Cars Land was even better than we expected when we see it up close. The details of each building were just like in the movie. The best part at Cars Land when it was nighttime and the lights lit up at night just like in the movie cars which played “Life Could be Dream”.

We got to do most of the rides (Radiator Springs Racers 5 times, Luigi’s Flying Tires 2 times, & Mater Junkyard Jamboree once). RSR surpassed our expectations, not just the ride, but it was the AA where they looked really real. The ones that looked real were Mater, Sheriff, Sarge, Fillmore, & Doc Hudson the most while the others use projection mouths. LFT was something that I wanted to ride ever since I saw vintage clips of the Flying Saucers at DL in the 60s. It was not as bumpy as I thought when we saw clips of Disney testing it out. MJJ is a combination of Francis' Ladybug Boogie where the tractor goes to another track and it moves you left and right.

The food at Cozy Cone Motel was great which we got a souvenir cone cup and Lightning McQueen popcorn. We didn’t eat at Flo’s V8 Café which that will be another must do on my upcoming trip. We also got to have three sit down restaurants (ESPN Zone twice and Storyteller’s Café) during the trip.

Buena Vista Street was a great entrance to DCA and we got to walk through BVS during the preview which we have done a lot in the short time we had at BVS. We were hoping that Storyteller’s statue would be revealed during the preview, but it was all boxed up that week.
I have taken over 2,500 pics on this last trip is the most I have ever done on any trip. Most of the pics were from Cars Land and Buena Vista Street.

Now I am planning my trip with my brother and his girlfriend. This was an unexpected trip until after my trip was over last month. After seeing pics and videos of Cars Land and Buena Vista Street during the preview my DA and I went, they want to go see it in person instead of seeing it on the CPU screens. I was surprise to hear that the dates were after Destination D which I wanted to go, but I was working that week. So this was the next best time to go with them.

Cast: Me Bret 30, my DB Matt 24 and his GF which will be known at V since they told me not to say her name on the thread.

This will be my fourth trip to DL this year (Mar. 2 - 4, Mar. 23 – 25, & June 9 - 12) while this will be Matt & V first trip to DL this year. This will be the first time they been to the DLR since when they attended MHP on Halloween day in 2010.

The title of the trip is called "I'm Racing Back to Cars Land with Bro and his Girl in Tow!". Thanks to PrincessInOz for the name of the title.

This trip is mostly for my DB and his GF since this is the only time they could get away from Sacramento and go on a trip. They wanted to go to the DLR in order to see Cars Land after seeing all my pictures and videos. At first, I wasn’t planning on going back to the DLR in November where my DA and I go during the Holiday season. Then they asked me if I want to join them to go back to DL to see Cars Land and Buena Vista Street. I thought this was a great opportunity to go back to DCA and see Buena Vista Street with everything unveiled and opened since BVS wasn’t fully opened when I was their during the preview. I could take advantage of the APEE at DCA and DL since the APEE is only good till mid September. The APEE days during our days are DCA on Tuesday while DL is on Wednesday. They wanted to go on RSR and LFT as the main rides at Cars Land. They are planning on only getting one day PH tickets which at first I was surprise. I was trying to convince them to get multiple days on their PH tickets so they can enjoy the DLR all three days. I didn’t know exactly why they would want to come to SoCal and only go to the Disney parks for one day.

Also during this trip, I just bought a AF-S Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G DX Lens for my DSLR camera. After reading through a lot of sites and from other DISers, I decided it was time for another lens to use for the trips. I mostly bought this lens for the dark rides and take pictures at night. I can't wait to try it out next month.

We will be driving down from Sacramento to Anaheim like I usually do with my DA or anyone that is going down to Anaheim with me. I always say this over and over on my pre-trip plans but I just like driving then flying. Since I bring a lot of bags with me (DSLR bag and video camera bag) it does make sense to drive down to SoCal instead of paying for a rental car and possibly pay extra money to check bags on a flight. This time I will be driving my Acura TSX to Anaheim. I was about drive the Honda Civic Hybrid to SoCal, but with my DB and his GF coming along, the back trunk would not be enough to fit all the bags. We were able to make it to Anaheim with one stop of gas and I this time I will be driving down with my vehicle. We will stop at Livingston (close to Merced) that is always on my way to Anaheim to see my grandmother. Than after we stop at my grandmother’s house, we will head on over to Anaheim. We will be leaving on Monday morning instead of getting a head start to Livingston where I always do all the time when I go to Anaheim.

We will be staying at Best Westerns Anaheim Inn. Last time my DA and I stayed at BWA, so this time the three of us will stay at BWAI. They wanted to stay somewhere far away from the DLR, but I told them about the facts of staying right across the street so we don’t have to drive to the parking structures and lose a lot of time going to the esplanade from the parking lots. So they agreed to staying somewhere across the street from the DLR. I was about to pick BW Stovall’s as our hotel since the rate was better than BWAI. If we picked BW Stovall’s we had to pay for the parking fees which would be about the same price per night as BWAI. So we decided to stay at BWAI cause of the location and the great history I have been staying there. On the last trip BWAI room was updated with a LCD TV which is nice to have in a room after using those old TVs from past trips.

I am planning on being in the park for all three days during our trip and hope that my DB and his GF change their minds and go with two or three days at the parks instead of one day. But right now, they are still stuck at one day. They told me that they will try to find activities to do at DTD, GardenWalk and possibly just drive somewhere. We will be leaving Wednesday afternoon so we can get back home to Sacramento around nighttime.

Our goals for this trip are for my DB and his GF to enjoy Cars Land and Buena Vista Street. They also want to enjoy the new DCA where they haven’t been to DCA for quite some time. My goals are to enjoy the rest of Buena Vista Street that I didn’t see or do during my preview last month. I need to ride the Red Car Trolley and see Storyteller’s statue at BVS. I also was going to ride the newly revamped Matterhorn with the new bobsleds. I was hoping the Matterhorn would do a soft opening during my trip but it didn’t happen. So that is another thing I am planning on doing. Also eat at Flo’s V8 Café which I didn’t on my last trip. So I have a lot of things to do that trip. We plan on seeing WoC that Tuesday night where we will get FPs.

Here is my plan for each day for now until we get closer to the dates.

August 13th to 15th Trip

Monday
Right now for Monday, we have nothing plan except for getting to Anaheim before traffic. I don’t know what my DB and his GF will do that night since I am planning on going to DL that night to take pictures or videotape Magical. I possibly will be taking pictures of the fireworks trails after a great first try last trip. I hope that they get multiple day PH tickets so we can enjoy DL on Monday night. But they said they will go on over to DTD or GardenWalk to do shopping. They also might take the car and go to UC Irvine where his GF went to school.

Tuesday
I plan on getting to DCA early for APEE. I will also try to get in the queue for RSR FP while they go to Cars Land and go on RSR. I also plan on getting FPs for WoC for the 9pm show at the blue section. But if we don’t get the blue section, we will settle for the yellow section. They will try to get on RSR as well as LFT and MJJ. We also will be eating at DCA which will be at WCT at 6:30pm. I was originally thinking of moving the dinner back so we can head on over to Cars Land to see it light up at night. It was going to be close since we need to be at Paradise Park for the 9pm WoC show. We will decide that day of what we will ride and what park to go. But we plan on going to both parks that day and hope to get a lot done in one day. They also told me that they will go on over to DL to go on some rides that day. I am hoping that we will be able to spend a whole day at both parks and do as much as we can. It will be difficult for me since I haven’t stayed at the parks a whole day without going back to the room to rest up. I am young which should be no problem for me , but I am not the same like I was years ago.

Wednesday
I will be going to DL in the morning for the APEE. I will possibly go on some rides that morning which will depend in what mood I am to go on rides. Do my usual walk around DL & DCA in the morning. Then we head on home to Sacramento in the afternoon.

The only sit down restaurant that we will be doing as of now will be the Wine Country Trattoria on Tuesday at 6:30pm. Since my DB and his GF are going to the park for one day, this is the only restaurant that they want to eat. I did mention to them about the Carthay Circle Restaurant, but they didn’t want to pay the extra money to eat at CCR. We are also not doing the WoC dining since we plan on getting WoC FP’s for the 9pm show that day. After reading from Kim (kmedina) TR about having lunch at the WCT, I thought it would be neat to eat at WCT since I haven’t ate at that restaurant in years. We also plan on eating at Flo’s V8 Café where I didn’t get to eat during my last trip. We will be eating at a lot of quick counter restaurants during this trip. The one that I am still torn of not eating these last few trips has been White Water Snacks where they have great nachos. So I got to remember to eat there on the upcoming trip. But I don't like to go out of the park and then back through the security check-in and open my backpack. But I am willing to do that in order to eat at WWS.

I will write more about my TR and ask for any advice of what I should do for our upcoming trip next month.

Thank you

Last edited by mvf-m11c; 07-22-2012 at 10:42 PM. Reason: Thank you Kim for looking at the error.
Old 07-22-2012, 10:41 PM   #2139
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

I'm here for your next trip. I cannot wait to hear how things are going two months post opening. My FIL is coming back from there now, and I plan on getting details from him. Sounds like you have excellent plans so far. With only one park day, I think one sit down restaurant is enough. That is the one I would most like to hear about dinner reviews anyway. If I had more money, I would have booked the dinner for Connor's birthday.

Your recap says you only rode RSR 3 times, so you need to correct that to the 5 times you actually rode.
kmedina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:51 PM   #2140
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmedina View Post
I'm here for your next trip. I cannot wait to hear how things are going two months post opening. My FIL is coming back from there now, and I plan on getting details from him. Sounds like you have excellent plans so far. With only one park day, I think one sit down restaurant is enough. That is the one I would most like to hear about dinner reviews anyway. If I had more money, I would have booked the dinner for Connor's birthday.

Your recap says you only rode RSR 3 times, so you need to correct that to the 5 times you actually rode.
Hi Kim. I really like your latest update during Connor's birthday lunch at WCT. It will be interesting to see what DCA is like with the crowds while my DA and I didn't see too much of it during the preview. Glad that he got back safely. My pre-plans for these trips that I have done are always nice and plan out. But they always don't go well and have to be altered. They were considering going to a sit down restaurant on Monday when we get there, but they will stay with WCT that Tuesday. They could always change their minds and eat at one of the restaurants at DTD. I am looking forward to eat at WCT for dinner. It would have been nice if we ate at CCR. But there wasn't any times available that day since I called late.

Thank you Kim for looking at the error when we rode RSR.

Old 07-22-2012, 11:10 PM   #2141
PrincessInOz
in

Nice PTR! Sounds like another great trip and round of pictures coming up. I'll be here....living vicariously through your TR again.

Old 07-23-2012, 06:12 AM   #2142
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

HI Bret,
A new lens - that will be fun to play with on your upcoming trip! I think your DB and GF may want to have extra time at DCA. I can't imagine one day would be enough time to take in all the new attractions let alone see the theming on BVS. I bet they end up joining you another day.

We liked eating at WCT when we were at DCA a few years ago. Since they have the new eateries back by TSMM and the great Warf selections we haven't eaten there recently. I'll be looking forward to your reviews.

TK
Old 07-23-2012, 06:31 PM   #2143
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Here is the light fixture thread, Bret:

Let There be Light!!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:35 PM   #2144
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

OK, finally all caught up. I'll be going there on Wednesday, so you'll have something to get you excited for when you see my TR.
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:33 AM   #2145
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Nice PTR! Sounds like another great trip and round of pictures coming up. I'll be here....living vicariously through your TR again.
Thank you PiO. Another picture taking trip as well as with my DB and his GF. Not only going back to DCA and go back to CL & BVS, I will be taking a lot of pictures of the light fixtures that Sherry started the other day and I haven't got a lot of light fixtures just by themselves in the pictures. Most of them were with other parts that doesn't look interesting. So this will be an ambitious picture taking project. It will be fun to go back next month.

Quote:
HI Bret,
A new lens - that will be fun to play with on your upcoming trip! I think your DB and GF may want to have extra time at DCA. I can't imagine one day would be enough time to take in all the new attractions let alone see the theming on BVS. I bet they end up joining you another day.

We liked eating at WCT when we were at DCA a few years ago. Since they have the new eateries back by TSMM and the great Warf selections we haven't eaten there recently. I'll be looking forward to your reviews.

TK
It will be a lot of fun to use a new lens. I have been looking very hard to look for a good lens for my DSLR camera since want to get better pictures. I'm hoping that my DB and his GF will change their minds, but still they are planning on going for one day. I just gave up and don't keep pushing them for extra days. We all know that one day in the parks is not enough to do. But they said that they will be in the park the whole day in order to get everything done. I doubt it since it is still summertime. I don't even know if RSR won't break down during the day which can hurt our day just by being in the queue. I have been hearing that it has been braking down at least once a day. I hope they come with me for more multiple days.

It will be nice to eat at WCT. I haven't eat their in quite a long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
OK, finally all caught up. I'll be going there on Wednesday, so you'll have something to get you excited for when you see my TR.
Hope you have a great time tomorrow Alison.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: