Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2012, 10:27 PM   #76
mrstomrice
Thomas and Jake's Mommy:)

Resort

Our resort is SSR...first time staying here since we just joined DVC in December...best move we ever made for Disney!
Old 07-19-2012, 10:30 PM   #77
donnaf516
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by elaine amj View Post
RESORT LIST

All Star Music:
9/22-8/26 ginny_lynn (then move to Pop)
9/22-8/25 beachmama3 (then move to POR)
Animal Kingdom Lodge:
8/19-8/26 NightAngelX
Art of Animation:
8/19-8/25 RetroCOTfan
Beach Club:
8/12-8/15 LifeIsDis
Beach Club Villa:
8/24-8/31 Tara
Coronado Springs Resort:
8/19-8/29 sweetcanadian
Polynesian:
8/19-8/22 SKjhjb
Pop Century:
8/22-9/3 elaine amj
8/26-9/1 ginny_lynn
Port Orleans Riverside
8/25-9/1 beachmama3
Wilderness Lodge:

8/15-8/19 LifeIsDis

Can we be added to the resort list?
8/22-8/25 Beach Club

August 2010 - POR °O° August 2011 - CBR °O° February 2012 - Pop °O° August 2012 - BC °O° August 2013 - POFQ °O° August 2014 - POFQ
donnaf516 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-19-2012, 10:30 PM   #78
littlezar
DIS Veteran

Staying offsite in a house in Indian Creek with a pool.

Monday, August 20th - Magic Kingdom/Pirates League @ 9:15AM
Wednesday, August 22nd - Epcot/YES class @ 8:30AM
Old 07-19-2012, 10:31 PM   #79
tammylk
Earning My Ears

Sure I just found the other thread yesterday LOL.

We are staying at the CSR Aug 17-25

18- DHS
19- MK
20- Sea World
21- DTD/Epcot
22-AK
23-Epcot
24-MK
tammylk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:35 PM   #80
Stan Solo
I don't know what to put here. Tag fairies can you help me?

Wow look at our new thread! Sniffffff...Can you smell that it still has that new tread smell.

Great job Elaine amj, SenecaWolf and Nikki!

Elaine feel free to enter my Resorts and park plans that I emailed to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emteach View Post
Fellow Canadian who is getting the Photopass+ . Was there a high shipping cost? We are totally on the fence about getting the PP+ On one hand seems so high but on the other hand there are so many opportunities to get pics of the whole family (not excluding my mum and I since we are usually the designated photographers) and extra you can make the photos extra special.

Question to all: What are the pros for those who have got before. I know about it but would you say it was worth the $?
Last year I got the basic Photo CD and a Photo book. I found it to be worth it for us to get the photos only thing was my DD did not appreciate spending valuable park time posing for photos every 15 feet as we entered every park and during Wishes. When asked if she liked Wishes or our local Canada Day fireworks better she said she never saw wishes because all she did was pose for pictures. This year we won't stop at every one but I do plan to hit the main ones. The ones that I liked the most were at the water parks. They seamed to be everywhere and my DD didn't feel like her time was being wasted. As far as the Photo book goes I just love it and it was free as part of the package we got last year. This year I think I will go elsewhere and order a photo book for a lot less cash.

QOTD #1 No, I don't use a TA. I just book everything myself with my long distance plan I can call anywhere in Canada and the US for one low monthly price so basically calling Orlando cost me the same as calling across the street. I have also read to many stories on these boards of Disers not receiving their Mickey Mail until the very last minute from their TA.

QOTD #2 A Disney phone ring tone on my cell phone? I don't even own a cell phone. I spend 12 hours a day at work and the other 12 at home if I'm not at one try me at the other therefor I don't need a cell phone. I do have a ton of Disney music and podcasts on my iPod.

Uh...had a slight weapons malfunction. But, uh, everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here...now...thank you. How are you? *wince*
Stan Solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:37 PM   #81
Halloween Baby
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm106 View Post
I have a split stay and had an issue with my ME as well. They had bumped me off of the arrival date so I only had ME returning to airport. I am anxiously awaiting my mickey mail again. you can see on Disneys page your reservations and it will show ME included(which mine did not.)

I leave in 2 weeks from tomorrow 11:30 am flight from philly.

Thanks for the new thread.
I had and am still having issues! I switched from ASMu to CSR a while back and the girl said the ME tags had not been mailed. When I got them, they still said ASMu. I called and was told to just use a black marker to block out the resort name and they would go by the bar code.

Now, I just added a day. I did the room before the flight. The first CM I talked to said I needed to call back with flight info to talk to ME and to them. She gave me the 800 number to ME but said that I need to update it through them too so it may be easier to just call them (they could talk to ME for me). When I called back, the ME updated it in their system but did not talk to ME. I asked him if I should call and he said it should automatically update. I asked about my tags since it says the wrong date and the wrong hotel now for the way home. He said I could talk to the new hotel when I check in. Does this sound right or should I call back? I don't want to wait until last minute and then have a whole ordeal that keeps us from our last day's festivities!!

TIA!!

Halloween Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:46 PM   #82
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmama3 View Post

I think we will need to keep this thread going even AFTER our trips! lol
I know!! I feel like I have a whole new set of friends! I will still want to here about all of your trips and start planning the next ones with you all
Old 07-19-2012, 10:55 PM   #83
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto View Post
I know!! I feel like I have a whole new set of friends! I will still want to here about all of your trips and start planning the next ones with you all
We could start a FB group and post our trip photos and all to it. I post on another thread and we are all close and we have a FB group for sharing things we don't feel belong on the boards.
Old 07-19-2012, 10:55 PM   #84
starrPA
Earning My Ears

Hey hey... a new team august thread! Yay! ~starr

Visiting WDW since 1989... LAST VISIT: Feb 2012 Grand Floridian (with the kids) UPCOMING: Aug 2012 Port Orleans French Quarter - our Anniversary/Honeymoon trip!
starrPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:02 PM   #85
beachmama3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
We could start a FB group and post our trip photos and all to it. I post on another thread and we are all close and we have a FB group for sharing things we don't feel belong on the boards.
Great idea!!
Old 07-19-2012, 11:12 PM   #86
RedOne3781
Mouseketeer

Hello follow August goers/obvious heat lovers!

Just found this new thread. The old one seemed like fun but I always felt like I was too late to join in (nothing to do with anyone else, just my own weird insecurities about popping in to conversations, lol). I'm just gonna jump into this one and hope I can keep up!

My dates: 8/25 - 8/30

My resort: Coronado Springs

My ADRs:
8/25: Wishes Dessert Party
8/26: LeCellier Steakhouse, 5:30pm
8/27: Cinderella's Royal Table, 8:30am
8/28: Kona, 8am
8/28: Liberty Tree Tavern, 5:30pm
8/29: Crystal Palace, 8:30am
8/29: Tutto Italia, 6:30pm

Other than when we have ADRs, our schedule is pretty much up in the air. After years of going commando style and planning every single minute we have decided to kind of leave a little of it open enough to go with the flow.

I seriously cannot wait for this trip! One of my closest friends is joining my mom and I this year. For the past twenty something years/trips it has just been my mom and I. So this year is going to have a bit of a different feel and dynamic to it. But I am sure it is going to be great!

As far as ringtones go: Mine is Good Life by oneRepublic which has made me think of Disney World since they started using it in their commercials (and did an adorable video for it set at MK).

Last edited by RedOne3781; 07-19-2012 at 11:43 PM.
RedOne3781 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:21 PM   #87
mommytocalliesue
Mouseketeer

Ok....pm'd my ADRs!!

We are staying at Beach Club August 9-15

Here are our park days...

9 ~ Epcot (night)

10 ~ Animal Kingdom (morning)
Magic Kingdom (night)

11 ~ DHS (morning)
DTD (night)

12 ~ Epcot (morning)
Magic Kingdom (night)

13 ~ DHS (night)

14 ~ Animal Kingdom (morning)
Magic Kingdom (night)
mommytocalliesue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:22 PM   #88
Tara
Bad Influence

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
My DS is the same way. We are flying out of JFK at 8:30 so we are leaving at 5:30. Those lines at security can be outrageous first thing in the morning. Last year we were in line for 40 minutes, and this year I have two first timers flying with me, and my mom only flew for the first time last year so I have to guide everyone through. I'd rather have time on our side.
I asked this on the transportation board but didn't get a response...do you think 5:30am is early enough for a 7:50am flight from LGA for 3 seasoned travelers who are traveling light? We're leaving from Tribeca, using Dial7 and flying JetBlue

I suppose I could ask my my SO but he's been so super busy with work and negotiating 2 job offers so we've had so many things to talk about other than Disney! And being in a temporarily long distance relationship,-we live 150 miles apart- we don't have as much talking time as we'd like. We'll be on vacation together in 12 days though and have oodles of time to talk about our next vacation...and other minor stuff, like finding a bigger apartment if he takes job #1 or moving across the country if he takes job #2! It's almost enough to distract me from my Disney planning. Almost.

Tara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:32 PM   #89
beachmama3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOne3781 View Post
Hello follow August goers/obvious heat lovers!

Just found this new thread. The old one seemed like fun but I always felt like I was too late to join in (nothing to do with anyone else, just my own weird insecurities about popping in to conversations, lol). I'm just gonna jump into this one and hope I can keep up!

As far as ringtones go: Mine is Good Life by oneRepublic which has made me think of Disney World since they started using it in their commercials (and did an adorable video for it set at MK).
So glad you joined us! LOVE that song and the video oneRepublic did! I've watched it every day this week! And you are right: Must love heat for August trips!
Old 07-19-2012, 11:33 PM   #90
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara View Post
I asked this on the transportation board but didn't get a response...do you think 5:30am is early enough for a 7:50am flight from LGA for 3 seasoned travelers who are traveling light? We're leaving from Tribeca, using Dial7 and flying JetBlue

I suppose I could ask my my SO but he's been so super busy with work and negotiating 2 job offers so we've had so many things to talk about other than Disney! And being in a temporarily long distance relationship,-we live 150 miles apart- we don't have as much talking time as we'd like. We'll be on vacation together in 12 days though and have oodles of time to talk about our next vacation...and other minor stuff, like finding a bigger apartment if he takes job #1 or moving across the country if he takes job #2! It's almost enough to distract me from my Disney planning. Almost.
Congrats on all the exciting stuff going on!!! I like to leave 3 hours before my flight. That's my rule of thumb and has never done me wrong. LGA is a smaller airport, so I don't know how their security works. It may run slower because they will have less TSA staff, or quicker because there will be less passengers going through security. You should be fin, but I would probably leave at 5 just because I have OCD about being early and we also like to eat breakfast in the airport.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: