Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2012, 08:26 PM   #1
Travelingdad
Mouseketeer

International Disney Choices - Need Help

I saw that each international park is a seperate thread. I need some input on several, so thought posting here made the most sense.

After many years of saving miles, I've decided it's time to take an international vacation next year. We decided on incorporating Disney into the mix. We are a family of five - kids will be 10, 10 and 7. All are adventurous, confident traveling and eager to go new places. We just stared planning and at this point our prime destination is Japan. We will definately be spending time at Disney Tokyo (any input on how many days would be appreciated) and then spending time in more cultural and historic places, all TBD (again any input is welcome).

On the way to Japan we are going to make a stopover for a few days. We had the idea to make this stopover where there is another Disney property. Paris and Hong Kong are the options.

So here's the question: From a purely Disney persepctive, setting aside all the history, culture or excitement of either city (I've spent time in both so understand those elements) what would pair best with Disney Tokyo? Which park is more impressive and why? What would the similarities or differences be with that park and Tokyo?

I'd also be interested to hear any experiences with trasnportation to the parks, best option for lodging (on or off resort), experience with getting one room for 5, dining costs and the differences from the WDW standards we are familiar with.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Travelingdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:30 PM   #2
larryz
Looking for the perfect vacation

I'd go to Paris before Hong Kong.

a) that would practically make it a round-the-world trip.
b) Disneyland Paris gives you Disneyland... and Paris! What could be better???
c) I wouldn't step foot in China right now -- Americans give their economy enough support as it is...

And, as luck would have it, I've actually been to DLP. Loved it! Stayed in the Disneyland Hotel, walk out your back door and you're in the park!

Tags
hong kong, international, paris, tokyo, travel

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: