Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2012, 09:05 AM   #31
KeroKero
DIS Veteran

Itinerary Day 6 - Celebrate A Moroccan Dream

Friday September 7

I'm still up in the air on where I think we should spend our morning. I was thinking Magic Kingdom, but soleley due to the fact that in my many trips to WDW, I've yet to see the Celebrate A Dream Parade that takes place in the early afternoon.

Do I really want to commit to MK again, just for the sake of seeing a parade? I don't want to, but I do really want to see the parade. I'm slightly torn.

If we don't do MK this morning, we'll be at HS from opening to get FP's for TSMM.

While I internally debate on which park to attack this morning, we do know for sure that we need to be at EP no later than 4:30-4:45 to make it to our 5:15pm ADR at Restaurant Marrakesh.

This dining choice was mom's options, she's an adventurous eater and is all about experiencing others cultures and cuisines. While I don't shy away from eating anything, there are other places I would have rather chosen. We ate at Tagierine Cafe on our last trip (it was good, don't get me wrong) and they may have exhausted my Moroccan food interest for the next 5-10 years. I will however admit that I am interested in seeing the interior of the restaurant and getting immersed in the atmosphere. So I suppose in some ways in a win win for mom and I.

After dinner we plan to grab a couple (each) of Grand Marnier Orange Slushies from France and grab a spot to watch Illuminations for the evening. Our favourite spots to catch Illuminations from are either in front of Germany or just to the right of the UK pavilion.
Aug 1984 - Off Property Aug 1988 - Off Property June 1990 - Off Property Aug 1992 - Port Orleans July 1994 - All Star Sports Sept 1997 - All Star Sports July 1999 - Caribbean Beach (Family Reunion) Dec 2000 - All Star Music (Christmas) May 2002 - Port Orleans Feb 2009 - Pop Century Sept 2011 - Pop Century w/QSDP Sept 2012 - All Star Movies w/DP (Mother Daughter Trip) Jan 2013 - All Star Movies w/QSDP (Mother Daughter Trip 2) Oct 2013 Pop Century with DP (Halloween & Food & Wine)
Old 07-09-2012, 09:45 AM   #32
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Hi there! What a lovely trip you have planned! I love your organization (I speak excel!) and your new bag and accessories are so cute.

What a great proposal story! I can imagine at the part of Fantasmic when you are already smiling big... pop goes the question! BTW: Your wedding photo is gorgeous.

I love the MK parade too but as you can see in my signature, it has very special memories for us since DD and I were "Grand Marshalls"! Now whenever I hear the song I tear up!

I get frustrated over which choice to make when I'm planning our trips as well. The pros and cons don't do me much good since I know I may be missing something relevant on either side of the argument. But sometimes the right things fall into place "in the moment"... I know, that's a hard concept for us planners!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-09-2012, 10:36 AM   #33
KeroKero
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Hi there! What a lovely trip you have planned! I love your organization (I speak excel!) and your new bag and accessories are so cute.

What a great proposal story! I can imagine at the part of Fantasmic when you are already smiling big... pop goes the question! BTW: Your wedding photo is gorgeous.

I love the MK parade too but as you can see in my signature, it has very special memories for us since DD and I were "Grand Marshalls"! Now whenever I hear the song I tear up!

I get frustrated over which choice to make when I'm planning our trips as well. The pros and cons don't do me much good since I know I may be missing something relevant on either side of the argument. But sometimes the right things fall into place "in the moment"... I know, that's a hard concept for us planners!
So true...planning is the life and death of me all at the same time. It's definitely something I love to hate! But in all honestly planning for people like us is part of what makes a trip to WDW so great!

Wow...Grand Marshals, so lucky. I dream of being in the parade one day. Understandable that that's a memory you will carry with you forever, much like my proposal memory!
Aug 1984 - Off Property Aug 1988 - Off Property June 1990 - Off Property Aug 1992 - Port Orleans July 1994 - All Star Sports Sept 1997 - All Star Sports July 1999 - Caribbean Beach (Family Reunion) Dec 2000 - All Star Music (Christmas) May 2002 - Port Orleans Feb 2009 - Pop Century Sept 2011 - Pop Century w/QSDP Sept 2012 - All Star Movies w/DP (Mother Daughter Trip) Jan 2013 - All Star Movies w/QSDP (Mother Daughter Trip 2) Oct 2013 Pop Century with DP (Halloween & Food & Wine)
Old 07-10-2012, 07:31 PM   #34
KeroKero
DIS Veteran

Dining Dilemmas - Oh my!

Out of the blue today, I started fretting over my already nicely planned ADR's.

To re-cap: (These are all dinners)

Sunday - Kona Kafe
Monday - House of Blues
Tuesday - The Crystal Palace
Wednesday - Sanaa
Thursday - Kouzzina
Friday - Restaurant Marrakesh
Saturday - Bongo's

In all honesty, I've been trying to get into O'Hana's for either our Sunday or Saturday with no luck. That's not what's freaking me out.

I'm debating with myself on if to change KK or HOB to 1900PF For some reason I've gotten it into my head that I want to eat here (we never have in the past). I simply can't get this out of my head.

This wouldn't be a big problem if I could (and try to stay with me here) move Bongo's to Monday, cancel HOB all together and do either Kona on the last or first day or 190PF on the first or last day. Sigh ... however for that train of thought to take place I've got to get Bongo's on Monday. And unfortunately that isn't looking likely (I don't know why every other night there are openings, figures the one night I want I can't get).

Grrrr....stressing and worrying, probably all for nothing. Trying to keep the playing field as level as possible in restaurant choices between mom and me.

Kona (me), HOB (me), Crystal Palace (mom), Sanaa (mom), Kouzzina (me), Restaurant Marrakesh (mom), Bongo's (mom).

For now mom has a choice up on me, BUT she is paying for this trip, so I can't really argue can I?
Old 07-11-2012, 12:24 AM   #35
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

So is Kouzzina the only ADR for you that you are not struggling with? I've not done any of the ones that you are thinking of changing (well, 1900 PF and Kona but for breakfast only) so I'm no help. I'm sure whatever works out will be good. Don't drive yourself too crazy.
Old 07-11-2012, 09:30 AM   #36
KeroKero
DIS Veteran

Kouzzina is a definite keeper. Struggling on if to change Kona to 1900PF and really upset that I can't get an ADR for Bongos on Monday . I know I'll live.

Mom says that changing the ADR's is unnecessary at this point, as we've got pretty good selections. I fear she may be right here
Old 07-11-2012, 02:28 PM   #37
KeroKero
DIS Veteran

The Curse of Changing ADR's

So .... I've done it again I've changed some of our ADR's!

I'm still trying to get 'Ohana's but in the meantime, and if that never comes to be this is our line up (until I decide to change my mind again )

Sept 2 - Kona Kafe 5:25pm
Sept 3 - Portobello 7:30pm
Sept 4 - Crystal Palace 6:20pm
Sept 5 - Sanaa 5:30pm
Sept 6 - 1900 Park Fare 7:20pm
Sept 7 - Kouzzina 6:25pm
Sept 8 - Bongos 7:15pm

If I thought before that I was satisfied, I feel even more satisfied.

People probably think I'm crazy for not choosing any of the restaurants in the World Showcase, but nothing strikes my fancy. We're from Toronto where every culture under the sun practically lives as one. We've for all kinds of restaurants here - so our dining choices (apart from Portobello) are ones that are harder to come by around here (Greek that isn't counter service, character dining, African, Cuban).

For now I'm content with these choices ....
Old 07-11-2012, 08:38 PM   #38
Alysa
DIS Veteran

What a great trip you'll have - mother daughter trips are fantastic.
Where did you find such a great flight? I'd love a link if you have one.
We've got the same Canada pin as you, love it. Very cute photos - looking forward to hearing more.
78 & 85: Offsite w. parents, 00: New Years Eve at Port Orleans & Anniversary at BWV, 01: Star Wars Weekend at POR & Christmas at GF & BWV, 04: Baby's first trip AKL, 05: Spring at BCV; 06: Big Family Trip, BCV & Vero-WL homeless trip, 08: Minnie Marathon with my sister, Big family Not so scary halloween party, 10: Star Wars Weekend boys trip & Vero/WL summer holiday, Big Family Christmas, 11: Star Wars weekend, Summer road trip

Up next October 2013 with our new baby!
Old 07-12-2012, 09:27 AM   #39
KeroKero
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alysa View Post
Where did you find such a great flight? I'd love a link if you have one.
I sent you a private message with this info. I checked this morning and the flights were still cheap - for my travel dates anyway. Hopefully they will be for yours as well!
Old 07-12-2012, 09:54 AM   #40
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Hi there! I have to say that your dining choices look really good! You do have a lot of variety already so I can see not really being compelled to eat at WS in Epcot. Good luck with 'Ohana - you never know what will open up.
Old 07-12-2012, 11:15 AM   #41
KeroKero
DIS Veteran

Itinerary Day 7 - Cat Cora got a DUI!

Since my last itinerary post ADR's have changed, but the overall flow of each day remains the same!

For our 7th day we're planning a morning at Magic Kingdom this is subject to change, and probably will because we may have exhausted all we've wanted to do there by now.

If we are returning it will be to grab some autographs with characters we might have missed/haven't had the chance to meet in the past (Merida, Rapunzel, Prince Eric for sure) and to see the Celebrate A Dream Parade, which in our many trips we've never seen . Also, would love to try the Sorcerers of The Magic Kingdom card trading game.

While these are things I want to experience, they don't constitute a definite having to return to Magic Kingdom for the day. We'll most likely decide what to do for sure this day the night before.

For the evening we have dinner reservations at Kouzzina. Found it funny that this week Cat Cora got a DUI ... never would have pegged her for a DUI sorta gal!

Anyhow ... after dinner we'll have time to stroll back over to EP from The Boardwalk via the International Gateway, grab a cocktail or two and find a good spot to watch Illuminations (originally this was slated for Day 6, but its been moved to here cause we won't be at EP the night before). EP also has evening EMH that night til midnight, so it'll be nice to stroll around the park and hit a couple extra attractions before we get on the bus to go back to the resort.

ALSO - My most favourite store in all of The World is Mouse Works (yes I prefer this store over World of Disney) so we usually spend a fair amount of time in there on our way out. Nothing beats a bit of shopping before bed
Old 07-17-2012, 09:02 AM   #42
KeroKero
DIS Veteran

'Ohana's Here We Come

I finally scored an 'Ohana's reservation this morning!

I'm so HAPPY!!!! Persistence paid off this time around.

I've cancelled 1900 Park Fare and taken a 7:55pm seating at 'Ohanas. Oh joy, oh bliss!! I can't believe how happy I am about this.

Now .... am thinking to change our Kona Kafe reservation on arrival day (two Polynesian meals might be overkill) to either Grand Floridian Cafe or The Wave. More choices, but who cares cause I'm going to 'Ohana's!!!
Old 07-28-2012, 12:30 PM   #43
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Hooray for 'Ohana!! We'll be having dinner there for the first time next trip! I can't wait to see what all of the excitement and buzz is all about personally.

I like the idea of swapping Kona for GFC. I like the ambiance and feel of GFC over The Wave (no windows, dark, no real theming... that's just me.)
Old 07-28-2012, 01:38 PM   #44
disney-inspired

Disney on the brain 24/7/365!
*grumble* stupid cm *grumble*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeroKero View Post
I finally scored an 'Ohana's reservation this morning!

I'm so HAPPY!!!! Persistence paid off this time around.

I've cancelled 1900 Park Fare and taken a 7:55pm seating at 'Ohanas. Oh joy, oh bliss!! I can't believe how happy I am about this.

Now .... am thinking to change our Kona Kafe reservation on arrival day (two Polynesian meals might be overkill) to either Grand Floridian Cafe or The Wave. More choices, but who cares cause I'm going to 'Ohana's!!!
That's great!
It took me awhile to get 'Ohana and just last night I found an earlier ADR than 9:30pm so I canceled my previous one and made one for 6:25pm

Old 07-29-2012, 02:57 PM   #45
KeroKero
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-inspired View Post
That's great!
It took me awhile to get 'Ohana and just last night I found an earlier ADR than 9:30pm so I canceled my previous one and made one for 6:25pm
So exciting when you score and ADR you've been trying to get for so long!

I tell people all the time to keep at those ADR's. In time you're bound to get something. Better to know that you tried and tried and tired to get the reservation that you wanted than to not have tried at all.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: