Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2012, 08:57 AM   #211
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ4Disney View Post

Well this is one very thankful Momma this morning. At 10:30 last night we got "the phone call NO parent ever wants". Matthew & Liz rolled her pickup. They were on a unfamiliar gravel road and missed a curve. They both had their seatbelts on - THANK GOD!!! They took Matthew by ambulance to the hospital. He hurt his head pretty bad. They did a CT scan and no fractures, or bleeders so gave him some pain medication and at 2:30 am sent him home. We were in constant contact with Liz and her Mom, the hospital and Dr. We debated on going but being 3 hrs away we stayed put. By the time we would have gotten there he was home in bed. Needless to say, this morning could have been very different. So very Blessed!! They are sore but alive.

Make it a great day - and wear those seatbelts. They really do save lives!!!
So sorry they and you had to go thru this, but am very thankful they are doing ok this morning.

Many blessings coming their and your way!

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
dgbg100106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 11:45 AM   #212
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Nancy - I hope you enjoyed Katie Perry!

PIO - feel better and stay warm. That germ killer works wonders when you keep it up!

Ellen - So sorry you had to get that call, but thank goodness everyone is OK.

BRandi - glad you are staying cool in the A/C.

We are supposed to hit 89 today. The rest of SoCal (Valleys & Inland) will be over 100. DL will be 90, so it's hitting us now. Up until today it's been quite temperate. I was tempted to turn on the A/C but resisted. I need to water my crops.

WFD? Sausage and peppers with Rigatoni.
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-10-2012, 03:52 PM   #213
kimmar067
Kimmie Moo Boo Boo
Iím SERIOUS..milk just fell from my --- udder

Quote:
Well this is one very thankful Momma this morning. At 10:30 last night we got "the phone call NO parent ever wants". Matthew & Liz rolled her pickup. They were on a unfamiliar gravel road and missed a curve. They both had their seatbelts on - THANK GOD!!! They took Matthew by ambulance to the hospital. He hurt his head pretty bad. They did a CT scan and no fractures, or bleeders so gave him some pain medication and at 2:30 am sent him home. We were in constant contact with Liz and her Mom, the hospital and Dr. We debated on going but being 3 hrs away we stayed put. By the time we would have gotten there he was home in bed. Needless to say, this morning could have been very different. So very Blessed!! They are sore but alive.....Make it a great day - and wear those seatbelts. They really do save lives!!!
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
kimmar067 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 05:35 PM   #214
bigmerle1966
Photobucket
OH MY STARS!

Quote:
Well this is one very thankful Momma this morning. At 10:30 last night we got "the phone call NO parent ever wants". Matthew & Liz rolled her pickup. They were on a unfamiliar gravel road and missed a curve. They both had their seatbelts on - THANK GOD!!! They took Matthew by ambulance to the hospital. He hurt his head pretty bad. They did a CT scan and no fractures, or bleeders so gave him some pain medication and at 2:30 am sent him home. We were in constant contact with Liz and her Mom, the hospital and Dr. We debated on going but being 3 hrs away we stayed put. By the time we would have gotten there he was home in bed. Needless to say, this morning could have been very different. So very Blessed!! They are sore but alive.
Yikes! Glad they are okay.
POR/AKL 12/02 POR(overnight stay)11/04 POR 6/21-6/29/05 POP 12/10-12/18/05 OKW 6/16-6/22/06 BWI 12/06 POP 9/7-9/10/06 OKW- Girls week May 07 POLY 7/5 to 7/9/07 POP 9/1 to 9/9/07 POP 11/1-11/6/07 POP 12/19 to 12/26/08 For Noah For delswife. LYMI
........... Oh Chachi!..... Bird Flu Hits Trailer Park- News at 11 Duchess Ohmystars of Rearkickerstown
bigmerle1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 06:44 PM   #215
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmerle1966 View Post

Nancy- hope some of the rain we got today has headed your way.

Still recovering from vacation. Coming home we made it in a little less than 12 1/2 hours, only 3 stops total.
No rain Maybe some this weekend. Buddy keeps dropping water on them so hopefully they will make it.

Your schedule makes me . Get some rest!

Quote:
A little better today. DC hit 106 for a few brief moments on Saturday.
Way too hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletgirl View Post
Hey ladies!

Life is good but busy. We're slowly getting things packed and the movers will be here July 23rd...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindsayDunn228 View Post
Morning, all! Today it's leftover vegetable soup for us. I am actually meeting Amanda at Panera for lunch and I'm kind of dreading it. Meh, at least I will get a good cup of coffee out of it, lol.
How was lunch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Nancy - Hope Katy Perry was as good as your dinner!

I've started coughing and sniffling again. Been coughing for nearly a week now; but like work, it is also settling down.
Keep cool everyone. Just think of me....trying to keep warm!
I loved her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope you feel better soon! You have been fighting this virus since you got home from your vacation. I think it sometimes is better to simply give in and get it over with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
We are supposed to hit 89 today. The rest of SoCal (Valleys & Inland) will be over 100. DL will be 90, so it's hitting us now. Up until today it's been quite temperate. I was tempted to turn on the A/C but resisted. I need to water my crops.
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hot there too!!!!!!!!!!

Ellen- Sending a hug!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dinner is grilled pork chops, grilled sirloin steaks, baked potatoes, asparagus and sweet corn. Garden salad and crusty bread on the side. Buddy invited the guys who help him out to come for dinner. They won't get here until about 8:30Pm so I am starving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nancyg56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 04:23 AM   #216
LindsayDunn228
Quite a hunk of man, isn't he???
I laughed myself silly ... during the dancing

Today I'm making black bean soup, per Scott's request. It's a soupy week, lol.

Ellen- oh my word!!! I'm glad everything is ok! How scary!

Lunch with Amanda went pretty good. I actually ate better at Panera than I have in a long time (healthy-wise). I did eat the chips that came with my sandwich though. It was a very small bag and I haven't had any chips in 3 weeks so I splurged a bit. I was proud of myself though. I only got half a sandwich and got drip coffee instead of my usual large caramel latte My only regret was I got the dark roast and it gave me a touch of indigestion. Totally worth it, though!
LindsayDunn228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 06:36 AM   #217
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

To all of you hot, hot, hot - I send you cool breezes!

Lindsay - Glad lunch with Amanda went well.

Quote:

Make it a great day - and wear those seatbelts. They really do save lives!!!
OMG!!! I'm so glad that they are okay. And that would have been a scary time to live through. It is every parent's nightmare.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:35 AM   #218
Glynis
Taking applications for a WDW tour guide!

Hi, everyone. Sorry to drop off the DIS for a while. We went to my dad's for a few days, then when we got home, we had to scramble for Katie's 15th birthday. I'm hoping that things will calm down some, in the next couple of weeks, but I'm not holding my breath!

Katie's party is Saturday night. She's a trifle Beatle's obsessed, so her party is all Beatles! There will be Beatle's music, dancing, Beatle's crafts, watching 2 Beatle's movies, and of course the food. She is serving:

Sgt. Pepper-oni Pizza
Let It B-L-T bites
Here Comes the Sun-chips
John Lemonade
For the Benefit of Mr. Sprite
Strawberry Fields Forever ice cream
The Long and [Rocky] Road ice cream
Cake

She's also trying to work out something along the lines of Lucy in the Pie with Diamonds. Don't know about that one.

Dinner tonight is ranch house pork chops and garlic mashed potatoes.

2014 Reading Challenge Goal: 70 books

The Art of Racing in the Rain ~ The House of Hades ~ How To Be Like Walt ~ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows ~ The Seven Mouths of God ~ Behind the Beautiful Forevers ~ The Mysterious Affair at Styles ~ The Big 5-Oh ~ A Year in the Life of William Shakespeare ~ Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children ~ Wait Till Next Year ~ While We Were Watching Downton Abbey ~ Great Expectations ~ The Maze Runner ~ The Fault In Our Stars ~ The Juliet Club ~ The Girls' Guide to Love and Supper Clubs ~ The Power of One ~ The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat ~ Hollow City ~ The Fountainhead ~ Cat's Cradle ~ Speaking From Among The Bones ~ Death Comes to Pemberley ~ Quilt or Innocence ~ The Chocolate Thief ~ On Strike for Christmas ~ Bikini Season ~ Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker ~ Miss Dreamsville and the Collier County Women's Literary Society ~ Cinnamon Roll Murder ~ Red Velvet Cupcake Murder ~ Blackberry Pie Murder ~ Home To Holly Springs ~ In The Company of Others
Glynis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:37 AM   #219
Glynis
Taking applications for a WDW tour guide!

Oops, forgot to mention that the fire is almost completely out. Because of the mountain that it's on, it's hard for the foot crews to get in and completely wipe out the hot spots. However, they are doing their very best. Last night the winds whipped up again, and started the blaze, but it seems like they got it under control pretty quickly. Looks like this fire will be with us for a while, yet.

2014 Reading Challenge Goal: 70 books

The Art of Racing in the Rain ~ The House of Hades ~ How To Be Like Walt ~ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows ~ The Seven Mouths of God ~ Behind the Beautiful Forevers ~ The Mysterious Affair at Styles ~ The Big 5-Oh ~ A Year in the Life of William Shakespeare ~ Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children ~ Wait Till Next Year ~ While We Were Watching Downton Abbey ~ Great Expectations ~ The Maze Runner ~ The Fault In Our Stars ~ The Juliet Club ~ The Girls' Guide to Love and Supper Clubs ~ The Power of One ~ The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat ~ Hollow City ~ The Fountainhead ~ Cat's Cradle ~ Speaking From Among The Bones ~ Death Comes to Pemberley ~ Quilt or Innocence ~ The Chocolate Thief ~ On Strike for Christmas ~ Bikini Season ~ Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker ~ Miss Dreamsville and the Collier County Women's Literary Society ~ Cinnamon Roll Murder ~ Red Velvet Cupcake Murder ~ Blackberry Pie Murder ~ Home To Holly Springs ~ In The Company of Others
Glynis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:46 AM   #220
kimmar067
Kimmie Moo Boo Boo

....WFDT? Well, I have a dentist appt today for 3:30, so I'm throwing some chicken thighs in my crock pot, along with a couple lemon halves, some white wine, and crushed garlic, s & p [to taste] and everyone has to fend for themselves....
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
Old 07-11-2012, 12:43 PM   #221
bigmerle1966
Photobucket
OH MY STARS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmar067 View Post
....WFDT? Well, I have a dentist appt today for 3:30, so I'm throwing some chicken thighs in my crock pot, along with a couple lemon halves, some white wine, and crushed garlic, s & p [to taste] and everyone has to fend for themselves....
That sounds pretty good. Might have to make that for dinner one night.

Yes I know it is "crockpot" chicken but it's much better than my DM's version of putting an entire chicken in the crockpot and shaking some sort of seasoning at the crockpot, rather then on the chicken itself.
POR/AKL 12/02 POR(overnight stay)11/04 POR 6/21-6/29/05 POP 12/10-12/18/05 OKW 6/16-6/22/06 BWI 12/06 POP 9/7-9/10/06 OKW- Girls week May 07 POLY 7/5 to 7/9/07 POP 9/1 to 9/9/07 POP 11/1-11/6/07 POP 12/19 to 12/26/08 For Noah For delswife. LYMI
........... Oh Chachi!..... Bird Flu Hits Trailer Park- News at 11 Duchess Ohmystars of Rearkickerstown
bigmerle1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:46 PM   #222
kimmar067
Kimmie Moo Boo Boo

Quote:
That sounds pretty good. Might have to make that for dinner one night.

Yes I know it is "crockpot" chicken but it's much better than my DM's version of putting an entire chicken in the crockpot and shaking some sort of seasoning at the crockpot, rather then on the chicken itself.
...OMG, it is so super simple and you don't have to spend hours in the kitchen. Best of all, it simmers in its own juices and the whole house begins to smell like lemon and garlic! AWESOME!
Old 07-12-2012, 01:13 PM   #223
dgbg100106

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glynis View Post
Hi, everyone. Sorry to drop off the DIS for a while. We went to my dad's for a few days, then when we got home, we had to scramble for Katie's 15th birthday. I'm hoping that things will calm down some, in the next couple of weeks, but I'm not holding my breath!

Katie's party is Saturday night. She's a trifle Beatle's obsessed, so her party is all Beatles! There will be Beatle's music, dancing, Beatle's crafts, watching 2 Beatle's movies, and of course the food. She is serving:

Sgt. Pepper-oni Pizza
Let It B-L-T bites
Here Comes the Sun-chips
John Lemonade
For the Benefit of Mr. Sprite
Strawberry Fields Forever ice cream
The Long and [Rocky] Road ice cream
Cake

She's also trying to work out something along the lines of Lucy in the Pie with Diamonds. Don't know about that one.

Dinner tonight is ranch house pork chops and garlic mashed potatoes.
Love the menu and Happy Birthday to Katie!

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
Old 07-13-2012, 09:08 PM   #224
dgbg100106

Tonight I had this amazing goat cheese and heirloom tomatoes for salad and we both loved it...

2013 Cruising adventures
Old 07-14-2012, 06:33 PM   #225
dgbg100106

Last night David and I had the most amazing heirloom tomatoes and goat cheese...

2013 Cruising adventures

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: