Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2012, 10:22 AM   #46
Delrea
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chateau View Post
This link may help you with that, and save you the phone call; therefore allowing you more time to plan!!http: I don't think it's allowed to post the link but it's ourlaughingplace then look under transportation at the top of the page... this gives you all possible routes and the time it takes for every means of transportation.
oooooh thanks!!!
Delrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:22 PM   #47
shburks
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smmast View Post
I'm going to speak for all "over Planners" for a second and say that we are also under-appreciated, at least i am. Our vacations go off so smoothly, if i do say so myself, due to that planning, that no one else(in my travel group) seems to be aware of.
I use a travel planning app as well, not sure i am allowed to name it on the boards, but it's a must have for planners and i also use a sort "cloud" storage device where i have scanned our passports, park passes etc in case something should go awry.
Glad i'm not alone, gotta go plan now
I'm dying to know what this is. If you can't post it, can you PM me?

DCL: Wonder: October 2015 * Magic: January 2014 * Fantasy: October 2013 * Dream: January 2013 * Fantasy: August 2012
WDW: Beach Club Apr 2014 * Coronado Springs Oct 2013 * Boardwalk Sept 2013 * Animal Kingdom Lodge July 2013 * PO French Quarter (Jan 2013, Apr 2014) * Pop Century (Aug 2012, Dec 2009) * Wilderness Lodge (Sept, 2013, Oct 2011, Sept 2010), ASMo Dec 2003, off property: 1990, 1988, 1985
Disney's Vero Beach Resort: July 2013
shburks is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-13-2012, 01:38 PM   #48
karamart39
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I'm going to speak for all "over Planners" for a second and say that we are also under-appreciated, at least i am. Our vacations go off so smoothly, if i do say so myself, due to that planning, that no one else(in my travel group) seems to be aware of.
Thank you for pointing that out! Our planning does make for smooth trips, yet no one seems to realize that! Thanks to my obsessive planning we've never waited more than 20 minutes (and usually we don't wait at all) to ride any ride at WDW. I don't even think my kids even understand the concept of long lines at Disney, because we've never waited in one.

CSR - Summer 2013
Wonder - Fall 2013
karamart39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:12 PM   #49
Tehanna
It's FISH EXTENDER, not Fish Exchange!

For our past couple of trips to WDW, I've made a little booklet that fits in each person's Lanyard. It has all our reservation information, what each park's schedule is for each day (including extra magic hours, parades, shows and fireworks). It also has our dining reservations and times for each day, and a map of the resort is staying in.

I also "cute" it up with some of clipart and graphics.

It's super over planning for sure, but each person in our party has the info easily available, and nobody misses our dining reservations.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Tehanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:22 PM   #50
jsolar
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shburks

I'm dying to know what this is. If you can't post it, can you PM me?
Wow. Can you also PM me the app?
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Disney Cruise: Fantasy, 6/29/13, Fantasy, 6/23/12, Fantasy, 7/5/11, Dream, 8/17/10, Wonder, 8/22/09, Magic
Disney World: Disney's Beach Club, 06/27/13Pop Century Resort, 6/24/05, All Star Sports Resort, 01/05/96, Polynesian Resort, 09/08/87

jsolar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 05:00 PM   #51
LemonPie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora's Mommy View Post
I love my lists! When I do something not on my list, I actually add it, just so that I can feel the joy of crossing it off.

Wondering, am I the only one who finds the menus on line so that I can plan what I am going to eat at each MDR? I might change my mind once I get there, but it makes me so happy while I am waiting for my trip!
This is me but it is not just with DCL or WDW. I try to plan where we will eat on most all our vacations and try to find menues so I can plan what to eat. I know what I will be eatin in Las Vegas this October, oh and on my next DCL trip next year Sept,
LemonPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 05:27 PM   #52
rosermama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonPie

This is me but it is not just with DCL or WDW. I try to plan where we will eat on most all our vacations and try to find menues so I can plan what to eat. I know what I will be eatin in Las Vegas this October, oh and on my next DCL trip next year Sept,
In vegas I love eating at Margaitaville they have a guava pork sandwich they dont offer in FL also love the mac and cheese at Smith and Wolinskies have fun there

My DCL cruise is in Dec and I printed the menus and planned out what I was going to eat where and what nights I would skip MDR and do Cabanas etc so I do the same
rosermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 11:37 AM   #53
crzy4dals
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdes1 View Post
I'm so glad someone posted this! I am embarrassed to say these things to anyone I know IRL...

I can't stand the thought that I might miss a detail or not know something. So, while shopping for back-to-school supplies, I picked up a composition book and some fun pens for myself. I have a list (on a sticky note on the front) of places I need to do research for our cruise. I will take notes in the book.

The list includes:
1) Read the DCL site end to end
2) Read stickies here on DIS for planning, A to Z info, packing
3) Google/search about all ports and possible activities
4) Read old Navigators posted on DIS. We are doing the EBPC and there are no recent Navigators about that. Therefore, my list includes reading the older PC-specific Navigators, and the ones from the recent 14-night Hawaii sailing on the Wonder, since the EBPC is also 14 nights on the Wonder

I'm also trying to read a very long book about the Panama Canal. I am trying for 5-10 pages per night in order to finish in time for the cruise.
You are going to have a great time on the EBPC.. We did it in 2008 and had such an enjoyable time. We zip lined in PV, my son swam with dolphins in Cabo and we walked around (Cabo Wabo) Cartagena we did a group tour with others in our VERY LARGE group - I think we had about 5 busses doing variations of the itineraries, We did not do Costa Maya. For the Canal Day - be sure to get up early as Disney pays for early entry. They had a Speaker up at the front of the ship and breakfast pastries. Amazing day.

Grandvilla Boardwalk June 28th, 2011**French Quarter and Old Key West for Christmas! ** Dream Cruise - April 10. 2012 ** Pixar Cruise - September 23, 2012 ** Food and Wine October 2012 ** Christmas at OKW 2012 ** Spring Break BLT** June Parent getaway at Caribbean Beach**Aug 1 2013 Niece's 1st cruise
crzy4dals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 11:41 AM   #54
LemonPie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosermama View Post
In vegas I love eating at Margaitaville they have a guava pork sandwich they dont offer in FL also love the mac and cheese at Smith and Wolinskies have fun there

My DCL cruise is in Dec and I printed the menus and planned out what I was going to eat where and what nights I would skip MDR and do Cabanas etc so I do the same
Mmmm we are eating at Craftsteak and Shibuya. Can't wait.
LemonPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 12:13 PM   #55
kimb96
Mouseketeer

I'm cracking up reading this! You all would be horrified to travel with me. I lived in thailand for 3 years and we traveled all over southeast asia during that time. I land in a new country with no idea how to even to get to our hotel. No plan at all.

That being said, I actually opened this thread to get ideas to be more organized about our cruise which is Aug 5. Yes, less than 3 weeks to go. To boot I have a kitchen remodel going on that is set to finish just days before we leave. My house is in shambles. I don't have rental car set up yet for returning to MCO. I've been working on lists as I have been reading. It's not too late to pull off a semi organized vacation, right?
kimb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 04:12 PM   #56
rosermama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimb96
I'm cracking up reading this! You all would be horrified to travel with me. I lived in thailand for 3 years and we traveled all over southeast asia during that time. I land in a new country with no idea how to even to get to our hotel. No plan at all.

That being said, I actually opened this thread to get ideas to be more organized about our cruise which is Aug 5. Yes, less than 3 weeks to go. To boot I have a kitchen remodel going on that is set to finish just days before we leave. My house is in shambles. I don't have rental car set up yet for returning to MCO. I've been working on lists as I have been reading. It's not too late to pull off a semi organized vacation, right?
For me the biggest planning for the cruise is
-airfare
-hotel
-rental car
-passports
-any excursions
-remys or Palos

Done the rest is auto pilot figure it out as I go

You can do it have fun and enjoy

My DH thinks I go over board but I spend a lot of time putting together the stuff like excursions because we never do DCL ones and I want things to go well cause he deserves a great time
rosermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 06:41 PM   #57
GrumpyBelle
DIS Veteran

I am an overplanner as well. We make lists that turn into spreadsheets. Once this is done, we plug in a variety of different scenarios....cabin category/one cabin vs. 2 all with varying categories....date to fly in and times....various hotels and room assignments...oh and then there are excursions that have to go into our list and subsequently spreadsheets. It is a good thing I have months to plan. Fortunately, I don't have this issue with other areas of my life, just vacation planning. I guess it is because this is one obsession that I enjoy.

8/2006 ASMu/3 night DCL, 8/2007 CBR/4 night DCL, 8/2008 WL, 8/2009 SSR, 3/2010 AKV-Kidani, 8/2010 BWV/5 night DCL, 4/2011 AKV-Jambo/Kidani, 8/2011 DCL Alaskan, 8/2012 AKV-Kidani, 2/2013 Fantasy Eastern Caribbean/Puerto Rico, 8/2013 CSR, 11/2013 Celtic Thunder Cruise--Western Caribbean--Carnival Victory, 2/2014 AKV-Kidani
GrumpyBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 10:58 PM   #58
C8eOg
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsolar

Wow. Can you also PM me the app?
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
I thought you can mention the name but not use a link - no? I would love to know the name of the app too. My husband laughed so hard when I mentioned this thread: overplanners anonymous - it's so me! He says our first Disney trip I planned every second of the fast too the point that no one was aloud to even use the bathroom. (not true, btw but my family did finally conk out by the 3rd day and we all ended up going back to the room to crash for a few hours)

2006: Port Orleans FQ (EPCOT Flower & Garden Festival)
2008: CB (MNSSHP)
2012: West'n Carib 7 nt on Fantasy!

First time cruising!

Cameron & Casey
Alex (11) & Abby Kate (9)
C8eOg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 11:03 PM   #59
Skitheboat
Earning My Ears

I need one of you over planners to do my planning! I've never been a good planner. Before kids, DH & I would fly to Europe with no plans, a backpack & a "Let's Go Europe" book. Those were the days.

I've gotten a little better at planning after I left both boys ski pants at home when we went skiing in Colorado!!! I had to buy replacements at the ski base $$$$$$. Ugh!!! Lesson learned!!!!
Skitheboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 08:26 AM   #60
DisneyDream2B
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I use a travel planning app as well, not sure i am allowed to name it on the boards, but it's a must have for planners and i also use a sort "cloud" storage device where i have scanned our passports, park passes etc in case something should go awry.
Glad i'm not alone, gotta go plan now

May I have the name of the travel planning app (via PM)?
DisneyDream2B is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hummor

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: