Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2012, 09:18 AM   #46
SDSorority
I was traumatized as a child by Magic Journeys and The Haunted Mansion. **I have a LGMH with me at all times.** {Is it Podcast day yet??}

Location: The home of the Buckeyes! 975 Miles too far away from Epcot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snorris49 View Post
I love this thread! Count me in on posting some pictures soon for gluten free and dairy free meals. Loving pics already posted!
Old 07-05-2012, 09:30 AM   #47
ZPT1022
DIS Veteran
Dreaming of my Disney honeymoon!
Beware the troll dolls in Norway...they're creepy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDSorority View Post
This isn't my picture, but Emily posted this on her facebook page a few days ago. I.was.so.excited.

This is at the Yacht/Beach.

OMG!!! How exciting! I hope that means that other resorts will follow suit and start having this stuff. It would seem easy enough for them to pull off and then it would in theory be available for desserts at the sit down restaurants of those resorts too! We're going in August and I hope to see these around
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-05-2012, 08:52 PM   #48
BebopBaloo
DIS Veteran

Dairy free here! This thread was/is a great idea! Here's a pic of dairy free green apple sorbet at Tony's Town Square from 2010.

"Don't spend all your time looking around for something you want that can't be found. When you find out you can live without it and go along not thinking about it, I'll tell you something true. The bear necessities of life will come to you."

Psalm 27:1
BebopBaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 09:34 AM   #49
clanmcculloch
DIS Veteran

OMG, green apple sorbet? Now I want to eat at Tony's. LOL I love green apple and DH just brought home some green apple hard cider for me to try (I haven't confirmed allergens yet so I haven't cracked open a bottle yet but he knows I like green apples). If I didn't already have a Mama Melrose ADR in August I'd book a Tony's ADR (I'll only book one italian style meal in a trip). I guess I'll have to book another trip to WDW (as if that was in question LOL).

Multi-Allergy & Autism Dining Reviews: February 2014 * DL & LA July 2013 * February 2013 * August 2012 * February 2012 * August 2011 * August 2010

February 2014 AKL: me, DH, DD15, DD13 * July 2013 DL offsite (Tropicana): me, DH, DD15, DD12, DSD30, DSSil * February 2013 WDW Poly: me, DH, DD14, DD12
August 2012 WDW FW Cabin & AoA Nemo: me, DH, DD14, DD12, DD12's BFF11 * February 2012 WDW Poly CL: me, DH, DD14, DD11 * August 2011 WDW YC: me, DH, DD13, DD11
February 2011 WDW Poly CL: me, DH, DD13, DD10, DSD28, DSSil * August 2010 WDW POFQ & Poly CL: me, DH, DD12, DD10 * June 2010 WDW Pop: me, DH, DD12, DD9
December 2009 WDW POFQ: me, DH, DD11, DD9 * February 2009 WDW Pop: me, DH, DD11, DD8 * August 2008 WDW SSR: me, DH, DSD25, DSD24, DD10, DD8
September 2007 WDW Pop: me, DH, DD9, DD7 * April 2002 DLR offsite: me, DH, DSD19, DSD17, DD4, DD1.5 * June 2000 DLR offsite: me(pregnant), DH, DSD17, DSD15, DD2
January 1994 WDW offsite: me, DH, DSD11, DSD9 * January 1992 WDW offsite: me, DH, DSD9, DSD7
clanmcculloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 12:07 PM   #50
BebopBaloo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by clanmcculloch View Post
OMG, green apple sorbet? Now I want to eat at Tony's. LOL I love green apple and DH just brought home some green apple hard cider for me to try (I haven't confirmed allergens yet so I haven't cracked open a bottle yet but he knows I like green apples). If I didn't already have a Mama Melrose ADR in August I'd book a Tony's ADR (I'll only book one italian style meal in a trip). I guess I'll have to book another trip to WDW (as if that was in question LOL).
It was pretty tasty even though the texture of the apple peel in it was a little weird. The thing about sorbets is that there is no guarantee that the kind you have one trip will be around the next trip. My absolute favorite was a pear sorbet at Chefs de France a couple years ago. It was the most amazing sorbet I've ever had. Of course, the same time the following year they didn't have it. What they had was good...but it wasn't THE PEAR.
"Don't spend all your time looking around for something you want that can't be found. When you find out you can live without it and go along not thinking about it, I'll tell you something true. The bear necessities of life will come to you."

Old 07-06-2012, 01:20 PM   #51
clanmcculloch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BebopBaloo View Post
It was pretty tasty even though the texture of the apple peel in it was a little weird. The thing about sorbets is that there is no guarantee that the kind you have one trip will be around the next trip. My absolute favorite was a pear sorbet at Chefs de France a couple years ago. It was the most amazing sorbet I've ever had. Of course, the same time the following year they didn't have it. What they had was good...but it wasn't THE PEAR.
That makes a lot of sense. A chef at LeCellier was telling me that they always have some kind of sorbet but that the fruit varies from day to day. I guess that's true of all restaurants that make sorbets. It all depends on what fruit they have ripened nicest that day. Thanks!

Multi-Allergy & Autism Dining Reviews: February 2014 * DL & LA July 2013 * February 2013 * August 2012 * February 2012 * August 2011 * August 2010

February 2014 AKL: me, DH, DD15, DD13 * July 2013 DL offsite (Tropicana): me, DH, DD15, DD12, DSD30, DSSil * February 2013 WDW Poly: me, DH, DD14, DD12
August 2012 WDW FW Cabin & AoA Nemo: me, DH, DD14, DD12, DD12's BFF11 * February 2012 WDW Poly CL: me, DH, DD14, DD11 * August 2011 WDW YC: me, DH, DD13, DD11
February 2011 WDW Poly CL: me, DH, DD13, DD10, DSD28, DSSil * August 2010 WDW POFQ & Poly CL: me, DH, DD12, DD10 * June 2010 WDW Pop: me, DH, DD12, DD9
December 2009 WDW POFQ: me, DH, DD11, DD9 * February 2009 WDW Pop: me, DH, DD11, DD8 * August 2008 WDW SSR: me, DH, DSD25, DSD24, DD10, DD8
September 2007 WDW Pop: me, DH, DD9, DD7 * April 2002 DLR offsite: me, DH, DSD19, DSD17, DD4, DD1.5 * June 2000 DLR offsite: me(pregnant), DH, DSD17, DSD15, DD2
January 1994 WDW offsite: me, DH, DSD11, DSD9 * January 1992 WDW offsite: me, DH, DSD9, DSD7
clanmcculloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 11:56 AM   #52
nfceagles
Mouseketeer

That apple sorbet does look good. Do you mind me asking what else you had dairy free at Tony's? I'm trying to plan out my ADRs for our January trip and I'm considering Tony's. Never heard wonderful things about it from the non-FA crowd and hardly ever hear anything about it from the FA crowd, but the menu I looked at looked surprisingly good. Plus, we stay at BLT so it's pretty convenient.
nfceagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 02:56 PM   #53
BebopBaloo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfceagles View Post
That apple sorbet does look good. Do you mind me asking what else you had dairy free at Tony's? I'm trying to plan out my ADRs for our January trip and I'm considering Tony's. Never heard wonderful things about it from the non-FA crowd and hardly ever hear anything about it from the FA crowd, but the menu I looked at looked surprisingly good. Plus, we stay at BLT so it's pretty convenient.
Of course I don't mind! : I also had the N.Y. Strip Steak and the potatoes and maybe broccoli (can't really remember). The steak wasn't very good. It was pretty tough. Although, I've found that to be the case with most steaks that I've had through out WDW. All the flavor seems to disappear when you ask for one w/ no butter. That being said, the potatoes were fine and we had excellent service. We had driven straight through the night, checked into our resort, and spent the day at MK. We were exhausted by the time we got to dinner. The kindness of our waitress really stands out in my mind.

I think my other option aside form the steak was spaghetti w/ marinara, so that may have been a better choice.

Also, I want to state that I've had plenty of good beef based dishes at WDW that were dairy free...just not steaks. The braised beef short ribs at Chefs de France w/ les haricots verte (green beans) is my favorite dish in the whole world...and I mean literal world, not just the Disney version If you get the chance to try it sometime, you have to ask for the green beans, as it normally comes w/ a buttery noodle. Although, they'll probably offer it when they find out that you are dairy free.

Anyways, hope that helps!

Old 07-10-2012, 07:18 PM   #54
katieam1
DIS Veteran

Great thread!!
I myself have allergies and love seeing everyone's different pictures.

katieam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 08:36 PM   #55
Random Ninja
DIS Veteran

These pictures are making me hungry. I need to remember to put up pictures after my next trip and find the ones I've already taken.
Old 07-12-2012, 10:23 AM   #56
TinkLovinMomma
Mouseketeer

I am severely allergic to gluten and I will be in the world at the end of this month (QS Dining Plan) and in December(Regular Dining Plan)! I promise to come back with lots of pics to share with you guys!!

TinkLovinMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:20 PM   #57
ekatiel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMom5 View Post
Fancy GF, peanut/tree nut free dessert for my kids, at Ohana, courtesy of Chef T.J., who is no longer at that location (this was '09). Last I heard he was at 1900 Park Fare. I might have to stalk him.

We also had great service at Tusker House for lunch, where my kids were offered GF cookies, GF brownie, or homemade GF donuts...and were brought all three!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by clanmcculloch View Post
You'll laugh but I think that the thing I was most upset about losing when I lost my camera at the end of our most recent trip was my picture with me and DD14 with Chef TJ by our Chef TJ desserts. They were even served with some spun sugar on top which was really cool plus there was caramel corn on the plate. SOOOO yummy!! This was at 1900 Park Fare for dinner in the end of February.
Quote:
I do not laugh. Chef TJ is a rock star. The funny thing is, I knew right away who he was, because everyone had raved over his allergy free creations at Boma. Sigh. Maybe he'll be at one of our favs next trip (because we won't be going back to Park Fare -- non allergy related issues.)
Uuhhhh. . . Found this thread b/c I AM stalking Chef TJ ! I was using the search function to see where he was these days . So, I thought I'd add on our own Chef TJ food pics. These are from 'Ohana in '09. They are gluten, egg, peanut, and tree nut free :
Appetizer (these are the old Enger-G rolls, so the new ones are no longer egg free ):

Main Dish:

And the dessert. I was shedding tears of joy by this point :

Off to do some more Chef TJ stalking. . . --Katie
Old 07-13-2012, 01:32 PM   #58
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekatiel View Post
Uuhhhh. . . Found this thread b/c I AM stalking Chef TJ ! I was using the search function to see where he was these days . So, I thought I'd add on our own Chef TJ food pics. These are from 'Ohana in '09. They are gluten, egg, peanut, and tree nut free :
Appetizer (these are the old Enger-G rolls, so the new ones are no longer egg free ):

Main Dish:

And the dessert. I was shedding tears of joy by this point :

Off to do some more Chef TJ stalking. . . --Katie
DS just said "Hey, that's what I had!" We didn't take pics of the first two foods you listed. thanks for sharing.

PS - SO...is TJ STILL at Park Fare?
DisneyMom5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 03:46 PM   #59
ekatiel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
DS just said "Hey, that's what I had!" We didn't take pics of the first two foods you listed. thanks for sharing.

PS - SO...is TJ STILL at Park Fare?
I *think* he is. I bumped another thread I had started about him a couple of years ago before our last visit. I'm pretty sure this qualifies me as an official Chef TJ stalker . Maybe someone will reply to the other thread with their latest Chef TJ sighting . --Katie
Old 07-25-2012, 09:25 AM   #60
SDSorority
I was traumatized as a child by Magic Journeys and The Haunted Mansion. **I have a LGMH with me at all times.** {Is it Podcast day yet??}

Location: The home of the Buckeyes! 975 Miles too far away from Epcot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekatiel View Post
I *think* he is. I bumped another thread I had started about him a couple of years ago before our last visit. I'm pretty sure this qualifies me as an official Chef TJ stalker . Maybe someone will reply to the other thread with their latest Chef TJ sighting . --Katie
We need to put a tracking system on him....

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: