DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-05-2012, 07:21 AM   #12
crisi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestDadEver View Post
I already bought . I joined on the cruise june 2nd only got 100 points . I am not planning on cruising with it exclusively . And definely plan on using them for DVC stays . You are right I had looked into buying enough point to cruise with before my trip and found that it wasen't worth it to buy enough points to cruise , but if every now and then go on a cruise with banked and borrowed points would seem like a good idea to me .

The big problem we found with this plan for us was that meant we weren't going to Disney. Like you, we have a small number of points (150). We use them to go to Disney every other year - we have kids and like to have a two bedroom. 300 points doesn't go far on a cruise, 450 doesn't go much farther, but we might get the adults paid for. But that means we'd not make it to WDW for five or six years in order to cruise. (worst case: Go to Disney in 2011, using 2011 and 2012 points - bank 2013 points, cruise in 2014 using points from 2013, 2014, 2015, bank 2016 points, go back to WDW in 2017) When we wanted to cruise, our kids were prime Disney age.

So we've paid cash for the two Disney cruises we've taken, and we've gone to Disney with our DVC points.

Now the kids are older and we might not want to go to WDW so often, so using three years of points to cruise and not getting to Disney for six years, or when the kids go off to college and my husband and I can stay in a studio, it might not be a bad deal. But when we looked into it, cash made a lot more sense.
crisi is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: