Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2012, 07:00 AM   #241
jcammans
Earning My Ears

PhotoPass+

I just pre-ordered PhotoPass+ for our October trip. They will be sending me a voucher that I have to redeem when I get to WDW. I have never used this service before. Is this something that I can do when I check-in at POFQ?

Walt Disney World - 4 trips (1983, 1987, 1995, 2000) - Offsite, Poly
Disneyland - 1 trip (1991)
Disneymoon - October 2012 - POFQ (Hubby's 1st visit!)
jcammans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 07:22 AM   #242
Daisy-J&D
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Not sure how they'd know to be honest. You can wait near the bottom of the slide, but I doubt they'd let people down the slide if there is someone directly at the bottom. Only one person can ride at once, regardless of age, by the way.

Andre
Well, my DD is under 3 years old so I'm assuming that the Life Guard would know when preschoolers are using the slide that they are most likely non-swimmers.

When I'd asked about if she could even go on the slide people had said she'll be allowed down with a Life Jacket on and can be caught. Just wondering, if there are no life jackets, will she NOT be allowed down? Hoping someone can confirm...

It's something to consider when you have a young child so that you can set appropriate expectations. I'd prefer NOT to pack a life jacket.
1982 - Off Site , 1984 - Off Site, 2002 - Off Site Sheraton Safari, 2004 - Pop Century/Off Site, 2004 - Disney Wonder, 2007 - Pop Century, 2008 - Pop Century, 2011 - Pop Century, 2012 - POFQ, 2015 - Disney Fantasy, 2015- Art of Animation.

Jess , Dee and DD4
Daisy-J&D is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-22-2012, 08:09 AM   #243
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

There are usually life-jackets available, but even if there aren't I doubt they would prevent your DD from using the slide without one, as long as there's someone at the top and the bottom to help her of course. Some 3 year olds are very good in the water anyway. The POFQ slide is pretty tame anyway, I think she'll be fine. The Riverside one is a bit longer and faster, in case you visit the pool over there.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:07 AM   #244
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

I just now paid off our package so I feel like we are truly on the way to POFQ. I think that I'll go read this whole thread now.
Old 06-22-2012, 04:56 PM   #245
RHMH
When I retire, I want to get a real job and work for Disney

Location: Born In (Setagaya, Tokyo) Now Living In Fort Worth, Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planogirl View Post
I just now paid off our package so I feel like we are truly on the way to POFQ. I think that I'll go read this whole thread now.
When are you going? DD and I will be there July 14th through July 22nd.

DD's You Tube Channel --https://www.youtube.com/user/awesomecookie1010

Link to July 2014 Disneyland Resort Thread -- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3238071

DD 14 ME 55 April 2nd --24 yr old - Issac --------------- Us To Disney ---------------
WDW 2002, WDW 2003, Tokyo Disney 2003, WDW 2004, Paris Disney 2004, WDW 2005, WDW 2006, WDW 2007, WDW 2008, WDW 2009, WDW 2010, WDW 2011, WDW 2012, WDW 2013
(July 2014 DLR - Hilton Anaheim Convention Center)
RHMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 07:30 PM   #246
ugadog99
Has been waiting patiently for a visit from the Tag Fairy and found that good things come to those who wait
Is on a hunt for the best Creme Brulee!

Getting excited! We'll be back at POFQ July 1-9 and then again July 25-30. We are trying to switch views, but so far no luck. Oh well....I'll just be happy with what we have!
Old 06-22-2012, 09:05 PM   #247
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHMH View Post
When are you going? DD and I will be there July 14th through July 22nd.
We're there August 10 to August 19 so I'll have to live vicariously through you and some of the others. I'm very excited even if it is still quite a ways off though.

Have a fabulous time!
Old 06-23-2012, 07:19 AM   #248
RHMH
When I retire, I want to get a real job and work for Disney

Location: Born In (Setagaya, Tokyo) Now Living In Fort Worth, Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planogirl View Post
We're there August 10 to August 19 so I'll have to live vicariously through you and some of the others. I'm very excited even if it is still quite a ways off though.

Have a fabulous time!
Thanks for the reply, had to ask since we were neighbors. Probably 60 miles max. I'll keep posting and you have a great WDW vacation.

DD's You Tube Channel --https://www.youtube.com/user/awesomecookie1010

Link to July 2014 Disneyland Resort Thread -- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3238071

DD 14 ME 55 April 2nd --24 yr old - Issac --------------- Us To Disney ---------------
WDW 2002, WDW 2003, Tokyo Disney 2003, WDW 2004, Paris Disney 2004, WDW 2005, WDW 2006, WDW 2007, WDW 2008, WDW 2009, WDW 2010, WDW 2011, WDW 2012, WDW 2013
(July 2014 DLR - Hilton Anaheim Convention Center)
RHMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 07:44 AM   #249
mamamary
DIS Veteran

Just back from a WONDERFUL week at POFQ. Just got home at 2am so a detailed review will be coming in a day or so. Can't think of how POFQ could have been any better for us.

If you have any ques. please let me know.

me dh ds (16) dd (15) and Baxter (my 7 year old lab - rescued from a shelter)

mamamary is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 09:07 AM   #250
Jacqui
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcammans View Post
I just pre-ordered PhotoPass+ for our October trip. They will be sending me a voucher that I have to redeem when I get to WDW. I have never used this service before. Is this something that I can do when I check-in at POFQ?
Mine came in the mail yesterday and it said that it had to be redeemed in the parks or at Team Mickey at Downtown Disney.

DH DS DD
Jacqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 12:02 PM   #251
Robin K
DIS Veteran

MamaMary-
Did you request a certain section? where was your room located? How were the buses? Mom wants to know how the food court was...I think the large statues are kinda scary...
Glad you had a good trip. We are 72 days away from ours. First stay at POFQ
Robin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 12:46 PM   #252
mamamary
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin K View Post
MamaMary-
Did you request a certain section? where was your room located? How were the buses? Mom wants to know how the food court was...I think the large statues are kinda scary...
Glad you had a good trip. We are 72 days away from ours. First stay at POFQ
Hi. I didn't put in any requests. We were in room 6307 - 3rd floor - garden view (would have just picked standard view but this is what was available). Our room was ready when we checked in (online check in) at 10:30 am - yeah - was so happy.

Food court was good. We had breakfast a few times and counter service dinner twice. All meals were very good.

Food court large statues were kind of weird but after the first day we didn't even notice.

this was our first stay here.

Old 06-23-2012, 03:24 PM   #253
Divaofdisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamary View Post
Hi. I didn't put in any requests. We were in room 6307 - 3rd floor - garden view (would have just picked standard view but this is what was available). Our room was ready when we checked in (online check in) at 10:30 am - yeah - was so happy.

Food court was good. We had breakfast a few times and counter service dinner twice. All meals were very good.

Food court large statues were kind of weird but after the first day we didn't even notice.

this was our first stay here.
For those of you just back, was wondering how good the coffee is at the food court at FQ.....do they have like a french roast or anything like that??
Divaofdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 04:38 PM   #254
mamamary
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divaofdisney View Post
For those of you just back, was wondering how good the coffee is at the food court at FQ.....do they have like a french roast or anything like that??
I think it was plain old coffee. There is only one choice and I believe it is nescafe. Tasted ok though. DH drank the coffee in the room and I'd go fill the mugs up in the morning.

Old 06-23-2012, 10:46 PM   #255
TammiMcMan
Hai Majide

We are at POFQ now and it's just beautiful. After driving through POR, I'm very glad we decided to change to FQ instead. It's very quaint.

A few highlights (and low lights)

* we requested 3rd floor, corner room (paid for riverview) - we got exactly what we asked for in building #7. Probably one of the furthest rooms from the pool and lobby, but the walk is fine.

* waited over 25 minutes this morning for an AK bus. Watched multiple buses for every thing else go by as our line got longer and longer. There was a transportation CM present taking notes and reporting in. Finally decided to just hop in a cab ($20).

* I don't want to sound snobby or anti-kid (I have 3 of my own), but the hot tub has been packed with kids playing and splashing. I was surprised to read the rules and see that they allow kids over the age of 12 into the hot tub without adult supervision. Used it tonight for about 5 minutes until a large group of kids decided to use the area as "home base" for some game they were playing.

* sometimes the bus is shared with POR, sometimes it isn't.

* mousekeeping has done a great job in our room and we've had some very adorable towel animals.

* DD is celebrating her 16th birthday and we came back to the room today to find an autographed photo of Mickey.

* staff has been fantastic.

TammiMcMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: