facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2012, 09:19 AM   #31
queenreen
Mouseketeer

A Fellow Single Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyandAliya View Post
This is our first Disney Cruise traveling on the September 2 cruise. Looking for other single parents to meet for Dinner at Palo and/or Remy. Looking to meet other single moms.
Good morning,

I also will be on this cruise with my DD. She will be 9 on this cruise. Is this your fist solo cruise?

Last year it was so nice. We were seated at a 10 top with 4 other single moms and kids all the same age. We still talk to a couple of them.

Let me know if you would be interested in doing a tasting together. Any excursions planned yet?
Old 04-27-2012, 07:29 AM   #32
amarcum
Earning My Ears

same here

Were sailing the Dream sept 2 also! were so excited!
amarcum is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-27-2012, 07:33 AM   #33
amarcum
Earning My Ears

Thats my daughters birthday, she will be turning 5!
amarcum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 08:04 PM   #34
TigBaby
New to DVC

Just signed on for the Sept 2nd cruise on the Dream. this will be my third. Coincidentally, I got the same stateroom as last time without even asking. It was a good location and a comfy room, so why not? Works for me. Can't wait!
TigBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:12 AM   #35
wifey1220
DIS Veteran

I everyone I just booked us on this cruise. We are a family of 5. Dh,me and ds (3,7,11). We cruised last September on the dream so this will be our second cruise. We would like to be in the fe.
2003 offsite, 2005 ASmovies and free dining, 2006 ASmovies and free dining, 2007 ASmusic and free dining, 2008 Pop Century and free dining, 2009 ASmusic and free dining, 2011 Disney cruise and Pop Century, 2012 Cruise on dream , 2013 Disney cruise on the Fantasy, 2013dcl dream and por free dining, 2014 dcl magic 3 nt and 7 nt eastern
wifey1220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 06:51 PM   #36
Schafffamily
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarcum View Post
Thats my daughters birthday, she will be turning 5!
That's exciting! Happy 5th Birthday! Sept 2 is our anniversary also, a good day to begin our cruise! Did you want to get signed up for the Fish Extender group? Here's the link.... https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkQy2T3aOGWLdEJVRXIyM1BZOXUtSGU2QWZFQ2x3d 3c#gid=0[/URL]

Is this your first cruise? This is our 2nd, we had to rebook after our family fell in love with the cruise last spring break!
Schafffamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 06:55 PM   #37
Schafffamily
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by wifey1220 View Post
I everyone I just booked us on this cruise. We are a family of 5. Dh,me and ds (3,7,11). We cruised last September on the dream so this will be our second cruise. We would like to be in the fe.
Well lol I just tried to include the hyperlink in the above post but failed...if it doesn't work this time just copy and paste please!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...FQ2x3d3c#gid=0

We've never been on the Dream but we're super excited! Should be incredible!!! Did you participate in the FE group on your last cruise?
Old 05-28-2012, 07:17 PM   #38
Schafffamily
Earning My Ears

Fish Extender deadline?

Usually with Fish Extender groups, there is a deadline so that everyone participating will have plenty of time to get their FE gifts all together. What do you all think about having that deadline be August 2nd? That would be a month before our sail away party...

Also, if anyone would like to sign up AFTER the deadline, they are welcome to, but then it would be up to each individual cabin to decide whether or not they have time/gifts to include any additional people.

Getting excited! It's all we can talk about!!!
Old 05-28-2012, 07:23 PM   #39
Schafffamily
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjaure View Post
My family will be on the 9/2 cruise. We will be celebrating my son's 16th birthday on 9/5.

--Mary
Mary would your family like to join the Fish Extender group? If so, just add your info here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...FQ2x3d3c#gid=0

Exciting to be celebrating your son's 16th bday on the cruise!!!
Old 05-29-2012, 05:17 AM   #40
wifey1220
DIS Veteran

We did do the fe. It was fun. The boys loved it. They made gifts delivered and of course received. Even dh enjoyed and participated. His fav fe gift was rum. Lol
2003 offsite, 2005 ASmovies and free dining, 2006 ASmovies and free dining, 2007 ASmusic and free dining, 2008 Pop Century and free dining, 2009 ASmusic and free dining, 2011 Disney cruise and Pop Century, 2012 Cruise on dream , 2013 Disney cruise on the Fantasy, 2013dcl dream and por free dining, 2014 dcl magic 3 nt and 7 nt eastern
wifey1220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 12:17 PM   #41
McMomOf5
Earning My Ears

Tell me about Fish Extender!

Just signed up for the FE for this cruise. We've never done this before, can someone tell me how it works? Thanks! Can't wait, our kids will LOVE this!
McMomOf5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 11:55 AM   #42
janeecjane
Earning My Ears

hi all
wow , we have quite a few on the list now for the FE , must admit im getting really excited now !
i'm up for the closing date of 2nd August, will also have to decide who, what , when too ???? !!!
I'll have to bring you all a little taste of England !!!
janeecjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 07:12 PM   #43
discoverydepot
Earning My Ears

Counting the days..

So is anyone else counting the days...54 til we leave and I am ready!
discoverydepot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 01:21 PM   #44
Schafffamily
Earning My Ears

Fish Extender deadline August 2nd

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeecjane View Post
hi all
wow , we have quite a few on the list now for the FE , must admit im getting really excited now !
i'm up for the closing date of 2nd August, will also have to decide who, what , when too ???? !!!
I'll have to bring you all a little taste of England !!!
August 2nd sounds perfect! That's one month out, hopefully will give us all enough time to get everything together lol. If there are any stragglers out there that sign up after August 2nd, it'll just be up to each family to decide if they'd like to add them to their list.

We have ordered our FEs (one for us, one for Gma) and have started on our FE gifts! Getting excited!!!
Old 07-16-2012, 01:45 PM   #45
Schafffamily
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMomOf5 View Post
Just signed up for the FE for this cruise. We've never done this before, can someone tell me how it works? Thanks! Can't wait, our kids will LOVE this!
First off, a Fish Extender comes in many different shapes and sizes.

http://www.google.com/search?q=fish+...w=1680&bih=927

If the link above works, take a look at the pictures! These are some of the fancier fish extenders, but on our cruise there was everything from FEs like on that google link to gift bags to plastic grocery bags! Any kind of receptacle works, you just have to have a pocket/pouch/bag to put something in. Also, with a quick search on etsy or ebay, you can find a place to order one if, like us, you'd like a more personalized FE but don't have the talent or time to create your own. Maybe NEXT cruise, I'll get creative and have enough time to make our own, but this time we ordered one from a seller on etsy. Last time, we used a seller on ebay.

The FE is super fun! We participated last year on our first cruise and will definitely do it every time we cruise! We have three kids, ages 11-17. All three of them (and mom and dad too lol) were just so excited when we'd arrive back at our rooms with yet another FE gift in our pockets! I think the favorite gifts were the personalized ones; even the oldest of our kids got a kick out of the magnet with her name on it.

FE gifts can be ANYTHING your heart desires! Our cruise last year netted pencils, chocolates, personalized magnets, key chains from cruisers' home states, picture frames, Disney pins, Disney Wonder geocaching coins, a mixed cd of Mexican Riviera cruise inspired music, and much, much more! This can be as simple or as extravagant as the giver would like! Last year, we gave out birthday party favor type gifts, all Disney of course. This year, we're going to be a bit more creative.......

Okay! I'm hoping this has helped some. Sorry I didn't notice your post right away, we've been busy but for the rest of the summer will be cruise focused! WOO HOO!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: