Adventures by Disney forums

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Adventures By Disney
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2012, 03:32 PM   #31
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

I'm glad you clarified this about the Outlander series, because I thought it had something to do with the odd sci-fi movie from 2008 or the long running sci-fi book series... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outlanders

Sayhello
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 06:17 PM   #32
calypso726
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhello View Post
I'm glad you clarified this about the Outlander series, because I thought it had something to do with the odd sci-fi movie from 2008 or the long running sci-fi book series... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outlanders

Sayhello
AH I see where that could get confusing I never read the sci-fi series or saw the movie. The Outlander series I'm addicted to is set in Scotland in 1743 just prior to the Jacobite Rising. Honestly, I never thought I would like that story based on the description of this book. But after having people tell me how good it is for the last 20 years I decided to finally read it. The author does such a beautiful job of storytelling that I feel like my mind has already seen Scotland. Now I want my eyes to see it too
Register to remove

Old 06-06-2012, 11:52 AM   #33
SleepingPrincess
Earning My Ears

DH and I are signed up for the 6/9 trip. We're thinking of potentially adding on a few days to go to Glasgow and Stirling as well. This will be our first ABD. We actually just got back from London and doing a Mediterranean Cruise and DH mentioned that he really wanted to visit Scotland (I went about 10 years ago and loved it). So when we saw the itinerary - we decided to go for it!
SleepingPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:44 PM   #34
CaliforniaGirl09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingPrincess View Post
DH and I are signed up for the 6/9 trip. We're thinking of potentially adding on a few days to go to Glasgow and Stirling as well. This will be our first ABD. We actually just got back from London and doing a Mediterranean Cruise and DH mentioned that he really wanted to visit Scotland (I went about 10 years ago and loved it). So when we saw the itinerary - we decided to go for it!
Whoo hoo! Congrats on signing up. It's an AMAZING itinerary, and you are going to love ABD. I think we are going to go to Edinburgh a couple days early and take the train to Stirling for the day (so we don't have to move around so much). I keep meaning to contact my TA about pre-nights. Has anyone done this yet?
CaliforniaGirl09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 03:38 PM   #35
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tozzie View Post
I am booked on the 9/15 adventure, I am pretty sure there won't be other people on this trip as it has been blocked by a group but I booked it before it was blocked so I am safe for the trip. As my trip will be the last of the season, I would be very interested in hearing about things that travellers did on their free time as well as restaurants for on your own meals.
Something just occurred to me. Did ABD tell you who the group is that you're traveling with? I imagine they're all communicating through whoever reserved the date, and I'd think you'd want to be included in that... I know when I went on the DIS exclusive Knights & Lights, we made a lot of plans for before & during the trip, and just got to know each other. It really added to the trip.

Quote:
Welcome to ABD! You're going to love ABD, and the Scotland itinerary looks wonderful! Be sure & report back to us after you go!

Sayhello
Old 06-07-2012, 09:02 PM   #36
OhhBother
Mouseketeer

Did you guys see the blog post by Deb Wills with www.allears.net today? That's who has the group block on the September trip.

Last edited by sayhello; 06-07-2012 at 10:07 PM.
OhhBother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 09:23 PM   #37
calypso726
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Welcome to the Scotland meet thread! It looks like there are several of us coming in a few days early on our adventures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhhBother View Post
Did you guys see the blog post by Deb Wills with allears dot net today? That's who has the group block on the September trip.
Yes, I did! Too bad she's not going before we are. I would like to see her write up on the trip.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:06 PM   #38
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhhBother View Post
Did you guys see the blog post by Deb Wills with allears dot net today? That's who has the group block on the September trip.
Just thought I'd mention here that if you are posting a website, you need to post the entire address. If you post the "dot net" thing, then the site's filters are being bypassed, and the DISboard policies don't allow that. (Some sites have been banned from the DISboards, and the only way you'd know is by posting the whole address). I've edited your post to show the entire address.

I was wondering if it was Deb Wills. She likes to take groups on new itineraries.

Sayhello

Last edited by sayhello; 06-07-2012 at 10:12 PM.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:29 PM   #39
CaliforniaGirl09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by calypso726 View Post
I would like to see her write up on the trip.
Me, too!
Old 06-08-2012, 10:10 PM   #40
Calfan
DIS Veteran

Did anyone else receive the offer from Disney Visa for 4 complimentary tickets to an advance screening of BRAVE? We are going to see it in San Francisco on June 18. I'm embarrassed to admit how excited I am to see this movie due to having booked this trip.

MAGIC June 20-27, 2009 (Eastern Caribbean) MAGIC June 18-29, 2011 (Med) WONDER August 6-13, 2012 (Alaska) MAGIC September 7-12, 2012 (Canada) FANTASY April 13-20, 2013 (Western Caribbean) ABD Scotland: A Brave Adventure August 4-12, 2013 WONDER May 19-24, 2014 (San Diego to Vancouver) ABD Austria, Germany & Czech Republic July 5-13, 2014 DREAM November 24-28, 2014 (Bahamas) MAGIC June 29-July 10, 2015 (North Norwegian Fjords and Iceland) MAGIC July 10-22, 2015 (Northern Europe)
Calfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 01:00 AM   #41
CaliforniaGirl09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calfan View Post
Did anyone else receive the offer from Disney Visa for 4 complimentary tickets to an advance screening of BRAVE? We are going to see it in San Francisco on June 18. I'm embarrassed to admit how excited I am to see this movie due to having booked this trip.
That is so cool. I have a Disney Visa and didn't get it, but as I mentioned I'm seeing it Sunday night (10th) at Pixar studios. I'm right there with you on excitement for this movie.
Old 06-09-2012, 09:37 PM   #42
jjb52
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by calypso726 View Post
Hi Paddles. Addicted to Outlander here and completely in love with a fictional character Jamie of course Fortunately DH doesn't mind and thinks Jamie is

The Outlander day tour is actually in Inverness <CLICKY HERE> Diana has several links to Outlander tours on her web site <CLICKY HERE>

I am not doing the Outlander tour this trip. We are coming in early for the Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo and whatever else we can squeeze in. I plan to do the Outlander tour in 2014. That's when we will be doing ABD London/Paris with my parents. My mom is hooked on the series now too. 2014will be her first and probably only time she goes to Europe so I promised to take her on a pre ABD Outlander tour.

Hope this helps
Thanks for the tip on the Outlander Tour-I put it in my favorite places for future reference. I want to go to Scotland in 2014 and hopefully w/ABD and would love to do this tour as a pre or post trip. I am just starting the 4th book in the Outlander series-all I want to do is read!! Would love to hear more on this trip if anyone adds it to their itinerary this year.
jjb52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:40 AM   #43
CaliforniaGirl09
DIS Veteran

Saw a special screening of BRAVE last night at PIXAR, and it was amazing! Found out that we were the first group outside of PIXAR to see it, which was pretty cool. You guys are going to be so anxious to go on this trip when you see it. Visually stunning. Had a chance to talk to the director for a while, and he was excited to hear that I was doing the ABD Scotland trip. Many of the location inspirations for the film were taken from his honeymoon trip to Scotland years ago. Is it August 2013 yet?
Old 06-11-2012, 12:29 PM   #44
Calfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaGirl09 View Post
Saw a special screening of BRAVE last night at PIXAR, and it was amazing! Found out that we were the first group outside of PIXAR to see it, which was pretty cool. You guys are going to be so anxious to go on this trip when you see it. Visually stunning. Had a chance to talk to the director for a while, and he was excited to hear that I was doing the ABD Scotland trip. Many of the location inspirations for the film were taken from his honeymoon trip to Scotland years ago. Is it August 2013 yet?
So glad you liked it, and how cool to be able to chat with the director! So excited to see it and even more excited for our trip.

MAGIC June 20-27, 2009 (Eastern Caribbean) MAGIC June 18-29, 2011 (Med) WONDER August 6-13, 2012 (Alaska) MAGIC September 7-12, 2012 (Canada) FANTASY April 13-20, 2013 (Western Caribbean) ABD Scotland: A Brave Adventure August 4-12, 2013 WONDER May 19-24, 2014 (San Diego to Vancouver) ABD Austria, Germany & Czech Republic July 5-13, 2014 DREAM November 24-28, 2014 (Bahamas) MAGIC June 29-July 10, 2015 (North Norwegian Fjords and Iceland) MAGIC July 10-22, 2015 (Northern Europe)
Calfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:09 PM   #45
CaliforniaGirl09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calfan View Post
So glad you liked it, and how cool to be able to chat with the director! So excited to see it and even more excited for our trip.
It will definitely get you in the mood for the trip! BTW, Calfan pointed out that the trip prices have gone up yet again! Some are nearly $1000 more than opening day. So glad we jumped quickly!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: