Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-24-2012, 01:01 PM   #1
ALFranklin
Mouseketeer

Question We are newlyweds going without our kids!...I've got questions.

I am new to DIS but I could really use some advice.

My husband and I never had a honeymoon, so on our 1st anniversary (Sept. 22-26) we are taking a short honeymoon/1st anniversary trip to WDW! I am so excited!

Between the 2 of us we have 3 kids and we are managing to make this trip, "just the two of us". Maybe we're mean parents but, doggone it! We deserve it!!!

This will be the 17th trip for me and only the 5th for my DH. He really likes Disney, but he's not as nutty about it as I am. When I first began planning our trip, I told him that I couldn't believe I had married him without going to WDW with him first.

With that said, I want to do some little added things for him while we are there, so that we can really create some great memories. I know that being at Disney, they will more than handle this, but I want some of the things to be just from me.

I have looked into the Disney Florist items and they are just too pricey for me, so I was thinking of doing "Pillow Presents" or something along those lines. I saw that there are quite a few parents who do this, so why can't a wife?

My DH loves all things Star Wars and he also loves the POTC movies , so that is a good place to start. If any of you have advice for the new DISer and newlywed, I will be forever grateful!

Yours in Magic,
Amy

Last edited by ALFranklin; 05-25-2012 at 10:03 AM.
ALFranklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 07:33 PM   #2
Needafix
I'm trying to make the most of every minute

You absolutely deserve to go on that trip alone. I cannot wait to get SO to Disney world. He's never been and I want it to be the perfect trip, so when I can find the right time and money, we're doing it without the kids also. It's so different and romantic when you can do it without the kids.

I can't come up with any ideas for gifts to leave, I'm sure if you call the Disney Florist, they will have ideas for you. For my SO, (DH by the time we get to Disney), I'm hoping to do special things like CA Grille during Wishes, Keys to Kingdom tour, romantic stroll around the BW looking for the cute hidden bars in the resorts, leisurely strolls around WS and taking in the shows, etc.

Have a blast!!! I'm jealous!

Hubby has a Mickey tattoo, but has never been to Disney!!! March 22, 2015 can't come soon enough!!! We are going big!!! :

Visits - WL (surprise trip w/Nick 6/11, Dolphin (Alenda's 60th) 6/10, BC-3/10, BW-8/05, WL & Off-site-6/05, WL/Swan-5/02, GF/Dolphin-1/01, Dolphin-1/00, Poly CL-5/00, POR-4/97, Off-site & Dolphin-5/96, CBR-5/90 - Prior as a kid-Poly, Cont and off-site
Needafix is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-26-2012, 08:51 PM   #3
Flora Fan
Can't wait for my next trip!

Tell the Disney folks that this is your honeymoon/anniversary trip. (If you already have ressies, call back and tell them). When I called about my b-day, they left a signed pic of Cinderella in my room.

Pillow presents: green M&Ms; bottle of wine or sparkling juice with Mickey & Minnie wine glasses. Have to admit the Star Wars thing has me stumped.

Enjoy your trip!
Old 05-28-2012, 01:11 PM   #4
wdwcrazy
pixie dust for all

If you want to leave some Star Wars pillow presents... not sure what a pillow present is but how about a Star wars pin or t-shirt. Depending on how crazy he is a Mickey Darth Vader or a Mr Potato head star wars person. These are all items that I have purchased for my husband over the years. If you want to buy him something a little more money try the Mickey Darth Vader cel from Hollywood studios. We have one of these as well. Good luck and have fun. I am sure that he will love whatever you put on that pillow....LOL
Old 05-30-2012, 12:39 PM   #5
ALFranklin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needafix View Post
You absolutely deserve to go on that trip alone. I cannot wait to get SO to Disney world. He's never been and I want it to be the perfect trip, so when I can find the right time and money, we're doing it without the kids also. It's so different and romantic when you can do it without the kids.
I have to admit, I was feeling a little guilty for going without the kiddos, but we definitely deserve to get away.
Old 05-30-2012, 12:41 PM   #6
ALFranklin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flora Fan View Post
Pillow presents: green M&Ms; bottle of wine or sparkling juice with Mickey & Minnie wine glasses. Have to admit the Star Wars thing has me stumped.

Enjoy your trip!
I LOVE the green M&Ms idea! Thank you!
Old 05-30-2012, 12:44 PM   #7
ALFranklin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwcrazy View Post
I am sure that he will love whatever you put on that pillow....LOL
LOL! You are right about that.....
Old 05-31-2012, 11:19 PM   #8
EmALee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALFranklin View Post
I am new to DIS but I could really use some advice.

My husband and I never had a honeymoon, so on our 1st anniversary (Sept. 22-26) we are taking a short honeymoon/1st anniversary trip to WDW! I am so excited!

Between the 2 of us we have 3 kids and we are managing to make this trip, "just the two of us". Maybe we're mean parents but, doggone it! We deserve it!!!

This will be the 17th trip for me and only the 5th for my DH. He really likes Disney, but he's not as nutty about it as I am. When I first began planning our trip, I told him that I couldn't believe I had married him without going to WDW with him first.

With that said, I want to do some little added things for him while we are there, so that we can really create some great memories. I know that being at Disney, they will more than handle this, but I want some of the things to be just from me.

I have looked into the Disney Florist items and they are just too pricey for me, so I was thinking of doing "Pillow Presents" or something along those lines. I saw that there are quite a few parents who do this, so why can't a wife?

My DH loves all things Star Wars and he also loves the POTC movies , so that is a good place to start. If any of you have advice for the new DISer and newlywed, I will be forever grateful!

Yours in Magic,
Amy
You definitely deserve it!!! My DH2B and I also have 3 kids and we're actually taking our 2nd solo trip this year for our Disneymoon. Next year we plan to take all 3 kids, my parents and maybe my best friend... I think I might be crazy.

Anywayyyy...pillow presents. Hmm. Knowing how life can be with 3 kids I'd maybe do something really romantic. Get a little basket and put some of both of your favorite snacks in it with your favorite wine and some Mickey etched glasses (should be able to get these at your gift shop or online) . Another idea is (I've done this, so has my DH2B) write things you love about him on post its and put them in places where he can find them like his sock drawer, on his toothbrush, in his wallet etc. This is a great way to remind you why you married each other a year ago Maybe a star wars antenna decoration or bumper sticker? If he likes to take shots/drink beer/drink coffee you could get him a pirates/star wars shot glass/beer glass/coffee mug and maybe put a tshirt inside of the other character he likes? (star wars mug with a pirates shirt etc)

I hope this helps...as you can tell I'm pretty romantic and have already thought about doing a lot of stuff like this for my DH2B on our Disneymoon!

Congrats on your anniversary and Disneymoon and have fun!

Paul Emily Maria (8) Bella (6) Allie (2)
EmALee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 03:35 PM   #9
DaveRH
Earning My Ears

Don't for a second feel bad about going by yourself!

Disney is great for Adults too! We had the best time on our honeymoon there and are planning our 5 year anniversary in 2013 right now!

Thanks,
Dave
DaveRH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
honeymoon, making memories, newlywed, questions, romance

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: