Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 05:56 PM   #181
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2 View Post
Our first "water view" room was that of a fountain, so no boat noise to worry about That was actually at POR, but water view can mean just that.
Actually, since the introduction of the new Garden View category, Water View rooms should now always give you at least a swimming pool view, or maybe even a river view if you're lucky. Courtyard fountains are now classed as Garden View.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 06-05-2012, 01:33 PM   #182
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

Can anyone tell me what toiletries are provided at POFQ? Are they a shampoo/conditioner combination and a bar of soap? What brand? What scent?

TIA

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-05-2012, 04:25 PM   #183
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatsFan View Post
Can anyone tell me what toiletries are provided at POFQ? Are they a shampoo/conditioner combination and a bar of soap? What brand? What scent?

TIA
They have the dreaded shampoo/conditioner combo it does not work all that well at least for me (I have fine staight hair and it left it tangled) it would work in a pinch but I didn't use it. The soap was okay, I used it to wash my hands and the scent was not overly strong. It appears to be the same as what I got at ASMu two years before.

Old 06-07-2012, 03:33 PM   #184
My2Pixies
Disney Dreamin'

Just booked our spur of the moment (for us, lol) August trip at POFQ!! It's our first time staying on-site and I am sooooo excited!! I've had POFQ on my bucket list for a very long time and I can't be any more tickled that I'm actually going. AND that I got dh to agree to it.

Boardwalk Villas, Mar 2015
Villas at Wilderness Lodge, Aug 2012
Old 06-07-2012, 03:59 PM   #185
PoohsFan1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2Pixies View Post
Just booked our spur of the moment (for us, lol) August trip at POFQ!! It's our first time staying on-site and I am sooooo excited!! I've had POFQ on my bucket list for a very long time and I can't be any more tickled that I'm actually going. AND that I got dh to agree to it.

Congratulations....you are going to LOVE POFQ. It is our favorite moderate. The boat to DTD is wonderful, nice and relaxing, and the pool is fun. DH and I are staying there on our adult only weekend trip starting tomorrow . Have a great time and be sure to write a review when you come back .
Old 06-07-2012, 04:11 PM   #186
DisneyFan62973
Earning My Ears

Question Grocery Delivery Question

I've been lurking around for a while, new to DIS boards, but have been to Disney once before and we stayed at POR. We absolutely LOVED it there

Now my DD, DS and MIL are headed back in July with my daughter's Dance Studio to perform at Downtown Disney. I am so lucky that the group got placed at POFQ! This is the resort we talked about checking out next anyway.

I was curious about the Grocery delivery to the resort.....will the resort deliver the groceries directly to your room; or do you need to pick them up at the desk and bring to your room??? If I could have it delivered to the room, that would make more space in the car for other things.

Thanks!

POR: August 2007 | POFQ: July 2012
Old 06-07-2012, 05:26 PM   #187
taylor3297
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFan62973 View Post
I've been lurking around for a while, new to DIS boards, but have been to Disney once before and we stayed at POR. We absolutely LOVED it there

Now my DD, DS and MIL are headed back in July with my daughter's Dance Studio to perform at Downtown Disney. I am so lucky that the group got placed at POFQ! This is the resort we talked about checking out next anyway.

I was curious about the Grocery delivery to the resort.....will the resort deliver the groceries directly to your room; or do you need to pick them up at the desk and bring to your room??? If I could have it delivered to the room, that would make more space in the car for other things.

Thanks!
I used Garden Grocer last year and the groceries I ordered were delivered to bell services. I got the text that the groceries had arrived and since we were near bell services at the time I picked the groceries up. Otherwise, you just call bell services and they will deliver the groceries to your room.
Old 06-07-2012, 06:03 PM   #188
indigoxtreme
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2Pixies View Post
So happy for you It is absolutely wonderful. I hope you Love it as much as we do. Also POR is your sister resort so you can go there and visit the amenities as well Have a great trip.
May 2014 POR Birthday trip for Jeremy and After school trip for the Granddaughters. September 2013 POR April 2013 POR July-2012 POR 05-09 POFQ 11-07 POR with Family & Friends Granmaz and John 09-07 POR with Granddaughters 10-06 MNSSHP POFQ 02-06 POFQ 30th Anniv 9-05 POFQ 4-00 Son's Marching Band at Magic Kindom 7-96 Ft Wilderness Cabins Prior times in DTD Hotels when they were treated as Disney Guest.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:10 AM   #189
summersalt
DIS Veteran

I'll be there tomorrow!!

Will anybody else be there too? Or will I have the place to myself?

DH DD ME Sandy
Old 06-08-2012, 09:17 AM   #190
DisneyFan62973
Earning My Ears

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersalt View Post
I'll be there tomorrow!!

I wish!!! I still have a little while yet..
Have a Fantastic time

Old 06-08-2012, 09:18 AM   #191
DisneyFan62973
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor3297 View Post
I used Garden Grocer last year and the groceries I ordered were delivered to bell services. I got the text that the groceries had arrived and since we were near bell services at the time I picked the groceries up. Otherwise, you just call bell services and they will deliver the groceries to your room.
Awesome! Thanks so much!
Off to the Garden Grocer site

Old 06-08-2012, 09:19 AM   #192
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'll be there tomorrow!!

Have a wonderful trip!!: Won't be there at the same time, but I did notice we'll be staying at the same resorts this year.

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
Old 06-08-2012, 09:21 AM   #193
peeputt
Filled with Wanderlust...

Question Special Request Room?

We requested building 5 and I was wondering what the odds are of getting this building since we just have a standard room ressie? Are there any ways I can increase my chances of getting my special request fulfilled?

Feb. 2011 - POFQ (Hubby and my 1st trip together)
Sept. 2012 - The Dolphin & POFQ
Sept. 2013 - Old Key West
Old 06-08-2012, 10:09 AM   #194
Planning fanatic mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'll be there tomorrow!!

We don't get there until Thursday!! We are so excited.

Have fun!! Save some beignets for us!!

1987 Off Site: 1990 Honeymoon: 1997 Shades of Green: 2006 POP: 2007 POR: 2009 WL: 2010 CSR: 2012 RPH and POFQ: 2014 POFQ

Old 06-08-2012, 10:24 AM   #195
mugglebe
Mouseketeer

Fantasia Mini Golf

Hello fellow POFQ fans!

I was wondering if anyone knows how to get to the Fantasia Mini Golf course from the resort.

If it's easier to take a cab how much would it be; approximately?

Thanks for your help!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: