Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2012, 08:25 AM   #1
Robertsimmmons
Earning My Ears

Exclamation Looking for a glass slipper for proposing at WDW - need some help

Okay, I have searched pages and pages of Google results, with no luck. I'm hoping that someone here can help me out.

I'm looking to propose in January at WDW (details in another post later). I'm in the early planning stages of this trip, since I can't even reserve dining for another couple weeks. The one thing I'm having no luck with, is finding a custom made glass slipper. I know that glass slippers aren't hard to find, but I'm not looking for a normal slipper. I am trying to find, or have made, a PURPLE glass slipper. The reasons are a long story, but suffice it to say that purple would be much better than clear for me to get.

I have tried Arribas Bros. at WDW, and their slippers (clear, blue, or pink) are made in some factory by molds, and they can't (or won't) do any custom orders. The glass blowers on Main Street in MK can't do it, and neither can the ones at DTD. I just spent 4 days down there tryin to find something, but to no avail. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know! (btw, it doesn't necessarily have to be full size. A 3-6" version would be fine.)
Robertsimmmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 08:28 AM   #2
sambycat
DIS Veteran

you’ve covered all my suggestions. if it were me, i would move to purple “accents” - like a purple pillow to put it on or something to convey the purple aspect. even if you could find a glassblower/worker who would make you a purple glass slipper (and you might), i’m thinking it might be a gazillion times more expensive! good luck!

sambycat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-28-2012, 08:34 AM   #3
Robertsimmmons
Earning My Ears

Oh, and I've already contacted this guy
--->glasscaketops(dot)com (I can't post links yet)

He wasn't much help, but did say that it can be done.
Robertsimmmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 11:34 AM   #4
Jilian
DIS Veteran

Maybe you could spray paint a clear one or add some sort of purple tinted glaze? Or, like samby said add some purple accents. Maybe some purple jewels inside the slipper will give it a purple hue?

Adventures in vow renewal planning! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2727345
Jilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:15 PM   #5
MrsSpratt
I've got a Bazooka full of Pixie Dust, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Hi there!

Ok, I called a guy who specializes in glass flowers, is work is really really good, but his wife says he ONLY does flowers. (He has done a lady slipper as a "shoe" before, but will not do a straight shoe.) but! He does have other glass blowing artist friends that may be able to help!

Google Ronnie Hughes glass flowers and you should find him. Call the number on the website, ask for Mrs. Hughes, and tell her the romantic from the message board sent you.

Best of luck!

The "Bueller" Family hits the world, with Auntie Spratt reporting Pixie Dust LIVE!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2215281
MrsSpratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 11:35 AM   #6
FutureDisBride2013
Happily Ever After is closer than I thought

I had bought a Cinderella Ring Holder made by Lenox, maybe you can work with that and replace the pink with purple. Then she'll have a collectible and the memory. Good Luck!!!
FutureDisBride2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:14 PM   #7
Evi
DIS Veteran

This may be far from what your looking for but here goes. buy a pair of christian louboutin strass shoes in Aurora borealis has a purple shimmer to it or purple fifi strass or have a pair of shoes custom strass in the purple you want and you have your purple glass slipper, a pair of shoes to die for and well she can wear them to her wedding too. I know a pair of those would be better then any cinderella glass slipper in my book. You can even slip one on her foot when you ask her to marry you.

Evi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 04:37 PM   #8
KerBear
Mouseketeer

I'm not sure if this would work, but Fenton has a sizable collection of glass shoes/slippers, they don't necessarily look like Cinderellas glass slipper, but you might find something close. I googled "fenton purple slipper" and found quite a few in images. Good Luck!
KerBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 11:50 PM   #9
Handbag Lady
Disneyland Bride 2000
If you can't say somethng nice, come sit next to me
Has the wherewithall to save bakery goods from earthquakes

Perhaps a clear one with a small battery-powered light inside?
WDW: October 2010: DCL, Poly, and the Grand for the 10th Anniversary Extravaganza!, Oct/Nov. 2008 CBR / Sept. 2007 CBR / Oct. 2006 AKL / August 2005 POR (hello Katrina!) / 1998 Off Campus at the Grosvenor (ENGAGED AT EPCOT )
DL: Twice a month for years / Multiple visits since birth / 1989 CM on Main Street / 2000 Disneyland Fairy Tale Wedding
DCL: Oct 2010 4-Day Caribbean / Nov 2011 Mexican Riviera / Oct 2012 Mexican Riviera
Handbag Lady is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cinderella, engagement, glass slipper, help me!, proposal

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: