Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2012, 06:13 PM   #1
roryc
Mouseketeer

Rented Points Trip Report April 2012

I just wanted to say that I have rented points twice on this board and both times have been great. The most recent trip Friday, April 27 I was in the Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo House Value Studio for one night. The price I paid was $8/point for 15 points so $120. The transaction was completely smooth. The Disboard person I rented from had thousands of posts and was very professional. I paid upfront on PayPal and the DVC member even added deluxe dining for me (which I paid for at the same time as the room) and they lined up my Magical Express.

They emailed me the room confirmation and I received the Magical Express Information in the mail.

The room I got was overlooking the pool and was fabulous; 2 rooms off the lobby.

I just wanted to say that if you do your research, you can really find some great values. $8/point doesn't come along too often, but it worked out great for them as they got money in their account within 24 hours of posting and it worked out great for me as I got a $350/night room for $120...and because it was DVC, I could add dining; deluxe dining at that. Many of the DVC point services require a 2 night minimum stay so at $8-11/pt, it's a no-brainer to use the Rent/Trade board for a one to two night trip.

The last trip I did was in June 2011 and it was a one night at BLT with a castle view.

Good luck, be cautious, do your homework.
roryc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:29 PM   #2
supersuperwendy
any happy little thought?

I'm so happy it all worked out great for you!

Do you have any pics of the value studio? I'd love to see them!
Now approaching Mickey's Star Traders......DVC Trip Report 2012! <-----Click Here! Commando Club member #118
DVC Members since 2008

supersuperwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-01-2012, 07:35 PM   #3
Meetmeinmontauk
DIS Veteran

I was looking into this the other night & I didn't realize what a great deal renting points is! I do realize that there is a lot of trust that must be involved from renting directly from the owner but it's an absolute steal to stay somewhere that I normally could never afford!

May 2011 - Pop Century August/September 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside October 2014 - Port Orleans French Quarter November 2015 - Art of Animation

Meetmeinmontauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 08:11 AM   #4
Disneylvr4
Mouseketeer

Sounds like you had a great experience and $8/pp is a great deal!
Disneylvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: