Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2012, 03:20 PM   #256
pinkfairy1684
DIS Veteran

Allie, I am so happy you posted all of those pics! I especially love the one of you sitting on the bench holding up your dress and your crinoline is showing! I love your pictures, even if they aren't exactly what you wanted.

Your cake doesn't look melted in the pictures, so that's good news. And I am sorry you didn't like your cake! That makes me sad, because I loved my cake. I would have eaten an entire layer if I could have. I wish that your experience was the same as mine.

And I am sorry that you and your dad weren't able to recognize Stand by Me as the song being played. I am sure it was a special moment for the two of you despite the set-back.
pinkfairy1684 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 03:57 AM   #257
halloween12
Mouseketeer

I really, really love your photos - you all look so happy (and funky)
Congratulations x
halloween12 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-15-2012, 09:18 AM   #258
FlamingoAllie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomBuggy0922 View Post
Grr, I wonder what was up the stepmomís butt that day! Very odd.
-I totally would have been confused about the fork comment too. Donít they realize we brides are kind of in a daze?!
-That is really irritating about the music. I am sorry.
-I canít really tell the cake was melting. It was a gorgeoussss cake though.
-What flavors did you get? Iím sorry you didnít like it!
-Your guestbook looks awesome btw.
-I agree: the first dance does get a little awk after a minute or two.
-Iím sorry you and your daddy couldnít recognize the song. Thatís ridic!
-Yeah, I agree about the posed family pictures. I feel like thereís just no way to get around them. Ho hum.
-I still want one of your bridesmaid dresses. Just sayin.
-Oh I looove that picture of the back of your dress. Itís gorgeous.
-Awww your photobooth picture is one of the ones I regret not getting! Bah.
-What is Joey doing with his arm in that staircase picture?!
-
*Not sure...she was weird the whole trip. She did just recently start her own wedding planning business, maybe she was just practicing! haha!
*Glad I'm not the only one. I felt like a doofus!
*The music trouble sucked!
*It's cause I have mad photoshop skills, yo. I did love the look of the cake! The bottom tier was almond with raspberry mousse and the top was yellow with bavarian cream. I liked the top tier better, but it was still just ho-hum for me. I'm bummed about that
*Aw thanks. It was just a coffee table book, and one day, I just looked at it and said, "that'll work!" haha
*You know how you had those fun pics of Chris and the boys molesting the wildlife? I was kinda hoping for something more with that kind of feel. Like we were a fabulous group of people on a photo shoot or something. I'm difficult I guess!
*I got the dresses on Ebay for like $60. They have them in all sorts of colors too. Get you one girl! They are fab.
*That pic is awesome. Go Noelle!
*Sad that you didn't get the photobooth shot. It was my favorite! But you had gazillions of awesome pics! Anniversary shoot?
*Bwahaha! The photographer told him to be "sexy and mysterious" thats what Joey came up with!

Quote:
Originally Posted by librarygeek View Post
Yay so many pictures!
* Aww poor melty cake! Though even with the streaks it looks kind of... funky. And you're awesome at photoshop, I couldn't even tell from the first few pictures!
* Sorry the violinist screwed things up. I would be pissed if he was playing my first dance song during the cake too!
* Okay, after reading the next bit I am even more frustrated with your violinist! After you were so excited about the song for your dad, and he screwed it up? Ugh.
* Your staged exit pictures are great! I also really love what you did with the ones where you made them black and white except for the pink bits, that looks really cool.
* And I love the boardwalk pics! Such a great place to take photos The one that you said you were playing with editing differently... I really like it! I love that you can see all of the detail in your dress and everything looks super crisp.
*Thanks! If it wasn't for the magic of photoshop, I have a feeling I'd be pretty upset!
*Thanks about the music. Joey was pretty much like, "oh, well." He didn't really get why I was upset.
*Yay! I really liked the staged exit pics. They are some of my faves! The black and white pics are fun. Again, photoshop is my friend! haha
*Thanks! I really like that one too. I have a hard time picking which editing I like better on the photos, because you can do such cool stuff with PS. So, I just have 3 or 4 different copies of the same photo. It's a little ridiculous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOrdinaryPrincess View Post
I just wanted to let you know that I'm still here and reading along. I'm sorry your wedding had it's share of downs, but it looked gorgeous, wonderful and magical, and I wish you the best.
Aww, thank you so much! It was definitely an up and down experience, but after it was all said and done, I am so glad we got married at Disney, and I still want to go back and do it again! Glad you're still with me! What a sweetie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkfairy1684 View Post
Allie, I am so happy you posted all of those pics! I especially love the one of you sitting on the bench holding up your dress and your crinoline is showing! I love your pictures, even if they aren't exactly what you wanted.

Your cake doesn't look melted in the pictures, so that's good news. And I am sorry you didn't like your cake! That makes me sad, because I loved my cake. I would have eaten an entire layer if I could have. I wish that your experience was the same as mine.

And I am sorry that you and your dad weren't able to recognize Stand by Me as the song being played. I am sure it was a special moment for the two of you despite the set-back.
That bench photo is fun, and I'm glad you can't tell how uncomfortable and awkward I was! I have come to love my pics, so that's good. Glad you like them!

Gotta love photoshop! Again, a big reason I'm loving my wedding pics now! Yeah, I felt like an odd bird cause I didn't like the cake. I was disappointed. What flavors did you have again?

It was still amazing to dance with my dad and I loved it. Music problems stink though!

Thanks for reading, now I have to go get caught up with your DCL honeymoon! Jealous!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by halloween12 View Post
I really, really love your photos - you all look so happy (and funky)
Congratulations x
Thanks! I wanted something just a little different and a lot of fun. I loved it! Hope all my girls and guests did too!

Allison and Joey's October Escape PJ!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0#post40277880
FlamingoAllie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 12:24 PM   #259
Bewitch324
DIS Veteran

You were a GORGEOUS bride!!!! I love love love your dress, and you look FABULOUS in it!

Your flowers are so pretty...but what a bummer about the hidden Mickeys...did you tell Tanis about that? Did Disney refund you what you'd paid for the Mickeys?? They should have!!!

Your BM's look great and I love the shoes. You looked like a really fun group. I'm sorry you didn't love your pictures but what you have posted are FABULOUS...so I guess it's really good that you had good base photos to start with and the willingness and skills to enhance them because they sure are wonderful now...

The cake was so cute! What a bummer that you didn't really like it (and that it started to melt!) Oh well, I guess it's a good memory to laugh about later...

Congratulations and thank you for posting all these beautiful pictures!!

Brooke
Bewitch324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 03:09 PM   #260
FlamingoAllie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bewitch324 View Post
You were a GORGEOUS bride!!!! I love love love your dress, and you look FABULOUS in it!

Your flowers are so pretty...but what a bummer about the hidden Mickeys...did you tell Tanis about that? Did Disney refund you what you'd paid for the Mickeys?? They should have!!!

Your BM's look great and I love the shoes. You looked like a really fun group. I'm sorry you didn't love your pictures but what you have posted are FABULOUS...so I guess it's really good that you had good base photos to start with and the willingness and skills to enhance them because they sure are wonderful now...

The cake was so cute! What a bummer that you didn't really like it (and that it started to melt!) Oh well, I guess it's a good memory to laugh about later...

Congratulations and thank you for posting all these beautiful pictures!!

Brooke
Aww! You're too sweet! Thank you so much!

I didn't tell Tanis about it. I kept thinking about it (and it still bugs me), but for some reason, I just don't want to get into it. There's no point to me anymore. I don't care about the $30. I just wanted Mickeys on my day. And they can't fix that! haha! oh well. It was a beautiful bouquet anyway.

My whole group was a lot of fun! (and a big headache at times, but they're worth it! haha) I'm glad that the "fun" came through in the dresses and shoes. Joey and I wanted to make sure that the ceremony wasnt too "stuffy" cause that's just not us. So, yay!

I'm really loving my photos now, finally.

It was a beautiful cake! And I don't really like cake anyway, but I was hoping that Disney cake would be...well, magically good or something! hahaha! Oh, well, I enjoyed the heck out of that fondant!

Thanks for reading and your kind words!

Old 05-22-2012, 03:21 PM   #261
FlamingoAllie
Mouseketeer

Wedding Day, Post Ceremony, FUN TIME!

Once back at the hotel, we changed out of our wedding gear and got ready to head to MK. Once everyone was changed and comfy, they all congregated in our room and visited for a minute before it was time to go. I was soo tired all of a sudden, and all I wanted to do was take a nap! But, there was just too much fun to be had. Deana, Quillon, and Noelle had to go back to their room at Bonnet Creek, and Deana wanted Ayla to take a nap, but Ayla wouldnít leave me. So I told her if they wanted to go, weíd take keep Ayla, and rest for a bit, and then meet them at MK. But everyone was too antsy to rest, so we headed down to the cafeteria and ate something unmemorable, texted Deana and told them we were headed out, and we grabbed a bus headed to MK. Randy and Martha had disappeared, and Joeyís dad and Diane were a little behind us, but we had everyone else. We stopped to get a few Photopass pics, and Iím so glad we did! Turns out, this pic is the ONLY one I got with my mom and dad in the parks the whole time. Makes me sad.

Marlowe and Diane caught up with us, and we headed on inside while my parents bought their tickets and planned to catch up later. We made an impromptu stop to see Mickey because there was no wait. I felt bad that Deana and Quillon werenít there to see Ayla meet mickey and Minnie for the first time, but they were lagging behind. Again. But because we had such a big group, we had Mickey and Minnie all to ourselves, and it was such a fun experience!

After we were done, we met my mom and dad in front of the Walt and Mickey statue, and headed over to Space Mountain. My dad decided to ride it, and this was the stupidest thing I think weíve ever done. Thinking back on it, it scares the crap out of me, and I get so upset. My dad has a bad heart condition among other health complications, and should not have ridden that ride. I donít know why any of us thought it would be a good idea. Granted, he used to ride it when I was younger, but his health is a lot worse now. So, he rode it, but ended up getting really sick. His blood pressure got out of whack, and it made him really nauseous and sick. He had to sit down, and eventually, after a trip to the bathroom, felt a lot better. He made me go on with the other guests, and I was so worried that I couldnít have any fun until mom called and told me he was better.

After Space Mountain, we walked through the castle and headed to the Haunted Mansion. After his terrifying experience on the Tower of Terror, Andy got really freaked out and Stef had to take him out and he didnít get to ride. We just couldnít convince him that it was nothing like TOT. Even Ayla tried to get him to stay. She said, ďI rode this a bunch! Itís so fun! Like a dance party. Itís not scary. Iím a little girl, and I wasnít scared, so you shouldnít be either. Youíre a werewolf! Youíll be fine!Ē But he wouldnít do it. Makes me sad. I canít wait til he comes back down so he can ride it.

After HM, I got a call from mom that daddy was feeling a lot better, so we met up with them and got a dole whip and rode Pirates. I have waited Andyís whole life to ride that one with him. We used to watch Pirates together all the time, and it is our favorite! So that was amazing for me! After that, it was Splash Mountain time, and right after the plunge, we saw Deana, Q, and Noelle on the bridge.

They were heading to Pecos Bill to eat a burger, and we dropped Ayla off with them and headed to ride the train. We warned everyone that after this, we needed to head back to the hotel and change back into wedding attire for the dessert party, and that they shouldnít be too far behind us. I told everyone that it was a long walk from the entrance to Morocco, and they should be there as early as they could and DONíT BE LATE!!! Joey and I must have told them all four or five times before we left them. They all promised they had it under control, and Joey and I raced out of MK to get back in wedding clothes.

Tags
escape, october, planning, wedding

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: