Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 08:22 AM   #46
where_else
Earning My Ears

We were there last week, too. There is a full length mirror on the outside of the bathroom door.
Old 05-13-2012, 11:57 AM   #47
Sydnerella
enough is as good as a feast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBlue View Post
We're here! Super tired from the drive, but happy to be here. We are in building 3, close to the gift shop. The weather is nice and hot. We don't plan to go to the parks tonight, just hanging out here. Will try to post more later and maybe some pics. Oh, and I've seen one pair of lovebugs here so far.
Oooh, sounds like a good plan to rest up after the drive. The resort is a relaxing one that is for sure! Thinking of you today and wondering how much fun you are having!

BTW - What are love bugs???

Sydnerella's Mama

October 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside, March 2012 - Port Orleans French Quarter, February 2011 -Carribean Beach, March 2010 - VRBO House, April 2008 - VRBO House, March 2006 - Celebration
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-13-2012, 12:10 PM   #48
mom2clr
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISFANSHAN View Post
Can anyone tell me if there are full length mirrors in the rooms?

Thanks!
I was there last week and there is a full length mirror on the bathroom door.

Jan '10 POFQ; Jul '10 POP; Sep '10 POP; May '12 POFQ

Old 05-13-2012, 12:19 PM   #49
wdwmike59
Endlessly planning, just in case....

We will be going back Aug 19th to 27th for our 30th anniversary!
Aug 2004 AllStar Music Xmas 2004 Pop Century
July 2005 Wilderness Lodge/Pop Century Aug 2007 Poly (upgraded to Concierge!)
July 2009 Wilderness Lodge CL July 2011 POFQ
Aug 2012 POFQ Aug 2013 AllStar Music switch to POFQ
Old 05-13-2012, 12:58 PM   #50
Queila
DIS Veteran

We will be there at the end of August. We are extremely excited about POFQ!

I was reading the "Unofficial Guide" last night and there were comments about the shared buses with Riverside being a "nightmare" because of all the extra stops. Something about up to an hour trip back and from the parks.

Please someone tell me this is not true.
Old 05-13-2012, 01:33 PM   #51
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

I think that POFQ is the first stop and then the bus goes to Riverside. I can see that it might take a while to hit all of Riverside's stops (three I think?) however wouldn't it be quicker to come back since FQ is the first stop?
Old 05-13-2012, 02:57 PM   #52
Pmctn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by where_else View Post
We were there last week, too. There is a full length mirror on the outside of the bathroom door.
Cool. Totally do not remember that. Sorry for the bad information.
Old 05-13-2012, 03:12 PM   #53
CarolinaBlue
I solemnly swear that I am up to no good
Sundrop is good, but Cherry-lemon Sundrop is better!

Popping in again! We spent the day at the Studios. We're back at the resort for a rest. We'll probably hang out here for a while. The season finale of "Once Upon a Time" is on tonight at 8, so I must see it! After that, we may head over to MK for evening EMH.

The studios weren't too bad today. Didn't have to wait more than 10 minutes for anything. We did not share a bus with POR. Very happy about that! Hopefully we won't have to while we are here. Picked up a graduation Duffy and graduation ears for DD(18) who's graduating high school at the end of this week. That is the reason for our short (4 day) stay this time. Saw a couple of lovebugs, so far so good. We cruised this time last year, and the lovebugs were so bad at the port, we couldn't sit outside on the verandah until we got out to sea.

The only full length mirror in the room is on the bathroom door. The room is very pretty. Love the new decor! The grounds are gorgeous, as always. The CMs have all been very friendly. We ate at the food court last night. I had the fried chicken dinner and DH had the pot roast. Delicious! I usually don't do fried, even though I am a southerner. I wish they would offer grilled or rotisserie chicken.

Well, I'm off to rest my feet for a while.

Up next: 12/14Previous trips: OKW10/13,ASM 10/13,DL(offsite)08/13,SSR 05/14,05/13,Fantasy 08/14,12/12,Dream 05/11,WL-10/11,10/10,05/10,Poly-08/09,Sports/Disney Magic-05/09,BWI-12/08,Wonder-04/10,05/08, POFQ-05/12,08/10,09/08,05/08,08/06,12/05, BC-02/08, ASMu-12/07,06/95,CBR-05/07,FW12/12,08/12,08/11,05/11,12/10,08/10,04/10,12/09,08/09,12/08,02/08,05/07,AOA-12/12,Pop Century-04/11,06/04, offsite-06/02, 03/90
Old 05-13-2012, 03:17 PM   #54
Kona65
Taking it slow and easy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyWDW View Post
Thanks for getting the next one started =)
Ditto..............
Old 05-13-2012, 03:57 PM   #55
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planogirl View Post
I think that POFQ is the first stop and then the bus goes to Riverside. I can see that it might take a while to hit all of Riverside's stops (three I think?) however wouldn't it be quicker to come back since FQ is the first stop?
Yes, usually it is with the exception sometimes of DTD and the waterparks when POR was first and then POFQ. It's really not that bad. Every resort has some or other bus issues. We have never waited ridiculously long for a bus although have opted of our own accord when buses are very full to wait for the next one.

People spending an hour getting back to POFQ from a park via Riverside must surely have counted waiting time - which I don't think is relevant, as it has nothing to do with the route. Yes, it does add time on, but unless there are wheelchairs etc to be loaded on or off, the stops are quick and on average it might add 10 to 15 minutes to the trip. Please don't worry about it - while it is bound to have happened at times, it is not the norm from our experience and we have stayed at POFQ for 16 days twice and had no issues with buses.
Old 05-13-2012, 07:39 PM   #56
Groomer Gal
Mouseketeer

209 Days for us!

We are surprising out twin DD (age 7) !!! They have never been!

My DH and myself were both at WDW in 1986. (strangely enough not together! We didn't even know one another existed ! )

When we looked at resorts to stay on property, POFQ just spoke to us.

I'll be glued to this thread to learn everything I can.

Thanks to all contributing.
Old 05-13-2012, 08:31 PM   #57
spacemountainmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncc1701 View Post
Tell Shelley I'll have a Bud Light Lime. For those who haven't been to Mardi Grogs she is one of the best servers/bartenders I've run into anywhere not just WDW
Agreed!!!

and make mine a Pina Colava!

Old 05-14-2012, 06:05 AM   #58
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groomer Gal View Post
209 Days for us!

We are surprising out twin DD (age 7) !!! They have never been!

My DH and myself were both at WDW in 1986. (strangely enough not together! We didn't even know one another existed ! )

When we looked at resorts to stay on property, POFQ just spoke to us.

I'll be glued to this thread to learn everything I can.

Thanks to all contributing.
They are going to love it! And so are you!

Our first stay at POFQ was also a surprise trip for my DD, who was 8 at the time. Our next trip was meant to be a split stay ending with the Poly. We're going back to POFQ for the third time and not had any urge to book elsewhere. We really love POFQ

When you mentioned a surprise trip and your twins' age it immediately brought back happy memories
Old 05-14-2012, 06:53 AM   #59
litlpixie
Proudly stalking the CRO since 2001!!

Just back from a long weekend at FQ. We were in room 3202. I didnt get my one room request that I made, but that was alright. We got there Thursday, and I felt like there was hardly anyone there-in fact I took some pix of the lobby courtyard that afternoon and it was empty! We took the boat to DTD that night and it's a good thing we did, because they closed down the water taxis for the next 2 days we were there. The CM at the dock said the "gate was left open" and a foot of water was lost over night and they couldnt get the boats out of dry dock. We did hear some grumblings from guests about this, but I felt lucky that we got to use it on our first night.

Food was pretty good there. Quesadillas one night, and 1 breakfast-as we had our meals at other places- including Boatwright's, which was a highlight!

All in all, nice trip to FQ. I did miss Riverside though and I dont think we'll be back to FQ if we can get a room at Riverside next time. Coming up in August, it's a week at Pop for our first value resort experience, so we'll see how that goes

Cheers!!

Old 05-14-2012, 10:23 AM   #60
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tiggies View Post
Yes, usually it is with the exception sometimes of DTD and the waterparks when POR was first and then POFQ. It's really not that bad. Every resort has some or other bus issues. We have never waited ridiculously long for a bus although have opted of our own accord when buses are very full to wait for the next one.

People spending an hour getting back to POFQ from a park via Riverside must surely have counted waiting time - which I don't think is relevant, as it has nothing to do with the route. Yes, it does add time on, but unless there are wheelchairs etc to be loaded on or off, the stops are quick and on average it might add 10 to 15 minutes to the trip. Please don't worry about it - while it is bound to have happened at times, it is not the norm from our experience and we have stayed at POFQ for 16 days twice and had no issues with buses.
We'll just make it a point to allow extra time particularly if we're ever crazy enough to take a bus to Downtown Disney. Love that boat!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: