Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2012, 02:01 PM   #16
lookitsaplane
Proud owner of Disney Stock! :D

This is slightly off topic but...

Hey DISboarders!
I am going on the Fantasy in five weeks, and was wondering if there are any exceptions to the 18 year old age limit for the gym. I will be almost 17 by the time of the cruise, and was hoping there would be some way for me to use it.
Does anyone know about this?

Thanks!

DISNEY FANTASY 6/2/12
lookitsaplane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 03:09 PM   #17
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

Hope you are having a great trip!

Jill in CO
Register to remove

Old 04-22-2012, 03:09 PM   #18
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookitsaplane View Post
Hey DISboarders!
I am going on the Fantasy in five weeks, and was wondering if there are any exceptions to the 18 year old age limit for the gym. I will be almost 17 by the time of the cruise, and was hoping there would be some way for me to use it.

Thanks!
You might have a better chance of getting this answered by posting your own thread on the main DCL board and not the trip report board.

HTH

Jill in CO

Last edited by jedijill; 04-22-2012 at 03:12 PM. Reason: Spelling
jedijill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:48 AM   #19
gigi1313
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookitsaplane View Post
Hey DISboarders!

Thanks!
Subbing to this thread... cannot wait to hear more!!!! (was hoping for updates during the trip via mom's ipad! LOL!)

LookItsAPLane, at 16yo your only chance to use the fitness club would be during the Vibe (teen club)'s assigned hours...

ENJOY!
PC & GF CL Jan '11POR Nov '11 DCL Fantasy May '12 BWalk&ASM Jan '13 PC Sept '13
DCL Magic B2B Jan '14DCL Magic May '14 DCL Dream August '14 DCL Fantasy Jan '15
gigi1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 04:51 AM   #20
Conceptualice
Earning My Ears

back! I so didn't want to leave. ;_;

I will try to get the eastern navigators up tonight followed by the report over the next week. The Fantasy was amazing, and overall I was extremely impressed with Disney's quality of service, the kindness of the staff and everything about the ship.

Some quick things to throw out:

They do still have MV merchandise at this time, I saw a LOT of hats, and many tshirts. (both with mickey & the ship and just the ship)

They have been OUT of the inaugrual champagne since the third western cruise!! (There are bottles on display at the royal court, but I was told they're display only/filled with water). They are trying to order more, but for a champagne that was supposed to last the entire year, it went out FAST!

Oh La La Champagne is $120 a bottle. (But you get a really sweet complimentary treat to enjoy the champagne with in chocolate, strawberrry or mango if you have it in OLaLa).

The Ogill's cream liquer is like Baileys with a kick. I loved it. I wished I had grabbed a bottle before I left the ship!

Shows - Only Believe is available on the TV at this time. We went to almost all the shows live anyway, but I had heard on the boards that shows were available if you could not make it to them. (This is incorrect.) So if you don't make it to the shows, you won't be able to see them on the TV later, so try your best to make them.

Kids in adult areas - OGills & La Piazza are kid friendly until 9am - there is family programming in both areas - most of the time on the cruise, both were sparse with guests anyways. Just in case you're an adult with a toddler and want a pre dinner drink in that area & not want to stash them away in the nursery. (Actually, right before dinner when the bars have just opened, almost all of Europa is pretty empty and quiet, so it's very nice & relaxing.) Also if you aren't able to stay up late - I kept crashing, I wore myself out!, you can enjoy most of Europa this way.

2nd Dining = More chances to see characters!
The character meet and greets (specifically in the evening) are designed to occur before main dinner seating. So, if you have second dining, you actually get twice as many chances to see certain characters, because they tend to fall right before 1st seating/1st show & right after 1st show/before 2nd seating (while 1st seating is still occurring.)

5k - was great, they are completely out of t-shirts - we looked ALL OVER & asked multiple cast members about them. Maybe this means they are working on a new design?

More to come with photos & illustrations! Overall, it was so much fun. I will definitely cruise with Disney again! One of the servers in Meridian (I forget her name offhand), mentioned a rumor about a fifth ship? @_@ Who knows!
Old 05-01-2012, 03:35 PM   #21
love2travel
DIS Veteran

Can't wait to hear more. We will be on the Fantasy in June and we are renewing our vows onboard, can't wait! What did you think of the layout of the ship? What kind of room did you have? Thanks for all the info.
love2travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:54 PM   #22
Cavepaint
Earning My Ears

Really looking forward to seeing the navigators as our cruise starts....Saturday! I love planning ahead.
Cavepaint is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eastern caribbean, fantasy, ptr, trip report

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: