Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2012, 10:14 PM   #106
PrincessMickey
Mouseketeer

I'm joining in. I love looking at all the pictures!!

PrincessMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 09:40 AM   #107
DisNorth
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveappletrees View Post
Well despite it being 20 earlier in the week we woke up to snow today and I am not joking.

DisNorth welcome and no, we live 1/2 hr outside the city 15 min from the airport where Hubbs works : )

Thanks for the feedback on the photos Andrea and DisNorth I will keep posting them then

Gotta love Alberta weather,

Cool your DH works at the airport, I go through that airport a lot

Love the latest photos!
Register to remove

Old 04-29-2012, 04:42 PM   #108
loveappletrees
Mouseketeer

PrincessMickey Happy you have decided to join us

DisNorth I love that we live so close to the airport and that it has been growing so much in the past 10 years since we moved here. The last time I flew I had an awesome sandwich(turkey, brie, apples and chutney on an artisan baguette) at the new cafe past security. It was so yummy but with a bottle of water cost $14!!
Do you travel for work or fun?

On with the photo journey(gotta get through 7 more years of photos while we wait)

He sure looks happy about that tray of hospital food, I'm pretty sure he ended up eating none of it..

And Here's Hayden!We were shocked that he had red hair but with Irish & Scottish ancestors...

Having a little brother has been great for J they have taught eachother so much. And Hayden is such an outgoing people person he encourages J to put himself out there more too

Did I mention Justin LOVES olives?
Sister Callie ( 4)

Our Pre-Trip report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2880842

*To see the wish reveal video*: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fd4gCZIcQq4

*its kinda cheezy

"Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The trouble-makers. The round heads in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status-quo. You can quote them. Disagree with them. Glorify, or vilify them. But the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world Are the ones who do.

loveappletrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 06:09 PM   #109
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

love seeing Justin's BIG smile! and Hayden was another cutie little man! love the red hair!!

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 08:31 PM   #110
loveappletrees
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
love seeing Justin's BIG smile! and Hayden was another cutie little man! love the red hair!!
Thanks Lisa Justin has always been a little charmer quick with a smile, his first spoken word was HI!

And now we continue...

Peter pan with Tinkerbell in the lantern

HOOK!

getting his lens implant/cataract surgery

look how Big Justin is! (remember OW? the stuffy)

Sister Callie ( 4)

*its kinda cheezy

"Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The trouble-makers. The round heads in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status-quo. You can quote them. Disagree with them. Glorify, or vilify them. But the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world Are the ones who do.

Old 04-29-2012, 11:27 PM   #111
DisNorth
DIS Veteran

I love, love, the peter pan and captin hook costumes!!

Quote:
PrincessMickey Happy you have decided to join us

DisNorth I love that we live so close to the airport and that it has been growing so much in the past 10 years since we moved here. The last time I flew I had an awesome sandwich(turkey, brie, apples and chutney on an artisan baguette) at the new cafe past security. It was so yummy but with a bottle of water cost $14!!
Do you travel for work or fun?
The airport has gotten a lot bigger and nicer, but ouch on the price. I've been told there are some great new cafes that I am suppose to try but I usually am leaving so early in the morning I'm not even awake yet!
I sometimes travel for work, sometimes for fun but usually it's to visit family which is a little bit of both I guess Actually my, most of my family is still in Alberta and my sister lives not too far from you (or where I'm guessing you live based on your description ) But I live up north so the usual path of escape leads through Edmonton. Do you mind me asking what your DH does at the airport?
Old 04-30-2012, 01:25 AM   #112
loveappletrees
Mouseketeer

DisNorth He works Air traffic control.

More pics!

snow!

J had to show his bro his "happy place"

Sister Callie ( 4)

*its kinda cheezy

Last edited by loveappletrees; 05-01-2012 at 09:59 AM.
Old 04-30-2012, 05:46 AM   #113
VBAndrea
DIS Veteran

Quote:

On with the photo journey(gotta get through 7 more years of photos while we wait)

And Here's Hayden!We were shocked that he had red hair but with Irish & Scottish ancestors...

Did I mention Justin LOVES olives?
I am absolutely loving all of your photos!!! Please, please keep them coming. They are so fun to look at.

I adore the above pic of Hayden and Justin -- Hayden's eyes and smile are gorgeous in that photo.

And both my kids love olives too -- I can't show my dd that picture though -- I have never seen the JUMBO COLOSSAL olives and she will be jealous!

DH DS 11 DD 9

VBAndrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:23 AM   #114
mommy2mrb

the photo of the boys at Justin's happy place...so sweet!

Old 04-30-2012, 07:44 PM   #115
2girlsmommy
Mouseketeer

What amazing children you have!! They are adorable, I just sat and read your entire ptr! Your trip sounds like its going to be a blast! I love the puppy party! I may be stealing that idea in the near future!!! . I can't wait to read more and see more pics!
Erica
Old 04-30-2012, 11:37 PM   #116
loveappletrees
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2girlsmommy View Post
What amazing children you have!! They are adorable, I just sat and read your entire ptr! Your trip sounds like its going to be a blast! I love the puppy party! I may be stealing that idea in the near future!!! . I can't wait to read more and see more pics!
Erica
2girlsmommy Welcome! The whole thing in one sitting eh?Good thing there are more pictures than words!

Feel free to steal away and I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have

Thanks Everyone I love these pictures too!!
Sister Callie ( 4)

*its kinda cheezy

Old 05-01-2012, 10:19 AM   #117
loveappletrees
Mouseketeer

The Journey continues...

Baby Sophie

(the Blondie is my nephew)

Our town days

Camping birthday

Sophie at Christmas:

And with the boys

Hayden is an "in your face" kinda kid sometimes!
Sister Callie ( 4)

*its kinda cheezy

Old 05-01-2012, 02:15 PM   #118
loveappletrees
Mouseketeer

Surprise!

So.... J went to his first social group class last night and he really seemed to enjoy it!
It was nice to have 1:1 time with J. We went to the city early so we could find the place (thank you GPS) and then got takeout at the Urban Diner (BEST FRIES- yum) and went back to the churchyard to eat outside and talk.
He went into class enthusiastic and came out just as happy. On the ride home I asked him questions about what he had done etc. (after asking me to turn the music off so we can "chit-chat") He answered animatedly. And called Grandma to tell her all about it.

So then we got home & Justin had mail waiting for him.....

One piece was from the orthodontist his braces are going to cost $10,500.00! OUCH!!
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
but the other piece was much much better....

A couple weeks ago Wendy contacted me about Justin having a Big Give, after making sure that she didn't have the wrong family (a few times) I said ok thank you! Poor Wendy had to deal with an overwhelmed and emotional me, she's probably glad it was only by e-mail!

I can't begin to explain how overwhelmed we felt by even the idea to be included in a big give. Thank you seems to be such an inadequate phrase all of a sudden but when we walked in the door and R mentioned that Justin had mail I stopped abruptly and I'm sure my jaw hit the floor...We hadn't mentioned anything to him about the big give so he was surprised and pleased to have mail come for him..

It was Mickey mail from Lisa & Megan (disname mommy2mrb) inside the envelope was a handmade card made with pretty blue and grey paper & stars and a really nice note (Lisa and Megan remembered Justin loved roller coasters!)and his first ever Disney (Toy story) Giftcard (we can't get the giftcards here in Canada, I checked a couple weeks ago)
My hubbs asked Justin what he thought and his answer was "very Magical........indeed."

As I said in the PM Lisa thanks to you and Megan so much for your generosity. It was amazing to tuck him into bed with a mega watt smile that he couldn't take off his face. I don't know how he slept (he was so excited) but I am sure he dreamt of magic.

Now I need to go and think up a new and improved better way to say "thank you"...

Sister Callie ( 4)

*its kinda cheezy

Old 05-01-2012, 03:14 PM   #119
mommy2mrb

Melissa, thank you for posting the photos....seeing Justin's happy face is thank's enough!

so happy Justin is getting to go to WDW and make his wishes come true!!!

fyi - I still couldn't open the link

what a great night for Justin, its good to hear he enjoyed his social group class...my nephew who has aspergers went for a few years and it really helped him!

Old 05-01-2012, 05:20 PM   #120
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

Joining in !!!

LOVE all the pics !! What a wonderful family you have !

Also .. Congratulations on being chosen by the Big Give !! We are forever grateful for everything we got .. They are so wonderful !

Come check out ..
Jayden's Wish pre-trip report !
It Smells Like Elephant and Forbidden Journey's Wish Trip Report ... in progress
The Moodys Do Disneyland!
Youtube channel ... http://www.youtube.com/user/Moodyzblu
Moodyzblu is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: