facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2012, 07:05 PM   #316
TyRy
Part of the problem is I wear my shorts
It is making me nutty

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
From Twitter: "Smash Mouth has sold more than 10 million albums worldwide with hits Walkin’ on the Sun, All Star, I'm a Believer and many more."

Since they did a cover of I'm a Believer I'll give them a chance!!
YAY - I did know who they were, I think the lyric is "Hey now, you're an all star, something something." And the I'm a "Believer" was the theme song in one of the Shrek movies.

Quote:
You can drag me and JD!!
Sounds like a plan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
Hope the plans get worked out soon...

David and I are headed to Vegas on Thursday, anyone got any food ideas?
Have a great trip and here's one to avoid - StripSteak in the Mandalay Bay. It was on a lot of the "must" lists and DH and I went there for our anniversary dinner. It was way overpriced and not really great food...kind of like most Disney restaurants - did I say that out loud? Maybe it's because we're from Chicago and have really good, but pricey, restaurants and thought it would at least match up...it didn't.
Mickey's Hand is Back in my Pocket - A Trippie for Sept/Oct 08 and 1st Trip Home to AKV
Trip of New Phases, Friends & 40 - Sept 09 - CR/AKV
*A Giraffe Meets the Beach - Oct '10 BCV/AKV* *Oct '11 AKV/Poly *1st Birthday Trip and Disney Dream Cruise - Dec '11 AKV* *Oct '12 - 18 days! AKVJ, BWV, AKVK*
*Nov 2013 AKVJ* *Extra May 2014 Trip SSR*
TyRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:02 PM   #317
peabody58
I'm just a drummer in a R&R Band!!

OK, DW and I will bite. We'll be at BLT 10/8 - 10/17 for our 30th Anniversary Celebration Trip. We'd love to meet up with some fellow DIS'ers as WDW can get so lonely sometimes!

I am assuming post #2 is still the official updated GTG time/locations. With 22 pages of comments, it's a bit overwelming trying to sort everything out.

Aside from a few must have ADR's, we are leaving our schedule open to just enjoy the spontinaty of a a long trip.

Looking forward to the subscription updates.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-16-2012, 12:07 PM   #318
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by peabody58 View Post
OK, DW and I will bite. We'll be at BLT 10/8 - 10/17 for our 30th Anniversary Celebration Trip. We'd love to meet up with some fellow DIS'ers as WDW can get so lonely sometimes!

I am assuming post #2 is still the official updated GTG time/locations. With 22 pages of comments, it's a bit overwelming trying to sort everything out.

Aside from a few must have ADR's, we are leaving our schedule open to just enjoy the spontinaty of a a long trip.

Looking forward to the subscription updates.
I'm glad you found us! Yes, post #2 will have the official meets. We do lots of talking (and often stray off topic!) so no need to read the other pages!

Not much in post 2 yet as we're waiting to see what paid events and deminars WDW releases -- hopefully by July.

Are you considering doing the Swan/Dolphin Food & Wine Classic (10/12-13)? It's a great way to try lots of menu items at the Swolphin restaurants. If the weather cooperates, all the booths are out on the Causeway. If it rains, they move it inside the Swan.

Normally we do Food & Wine Festival from the first day (in late September) through the 1st week in October. Breaking tradition this year specifically because of the Swolphin dates!

Congrats on 30 years! "JD" (aka Dwight!) and I are also celebrating 30 yrs this trip! Looking forward to meeting you and your wife.

Please check back here from time to time - especially if you haven't gotten any update notifications. The boards have been inconsistent with those lately.

RachelTori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 04:27 AM   #319
Angel16
Member of the 'Jambo! WildBunch'
Mouseketeer

Hi Gals, Looks like most of us have been working hard to get things in order for the DIS meet.

I am not sure what is happening with us at this moment. I mentioned on the AKL thread that there was a surprise planned for later in October. I don't know what, where or who is involved. But....I have an idea it may be the whole family getting together to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary. I don't know when I will find out?? But I am really hope it will be held at WDW.

I have our trip starting on September 24th at BC CL then we transfer over to AKL CL for a few days, then Shades of Green to save money whole we wait for you all to arrive for the meet. I have a room and the package booked for us at the Swan for Thursday through Saturday.

Now I need to book air fare tomorrow....but DH said to hold off "He would take care of the tickets". He has never in almost 30 years handled anything regarding our travel. So now I am curious!

I am so looking forward to meeing you all in person. I really want a group of us to go to the Ditch for a drink while we are there. I have never been there, had to have Brandi explain to me where it was. I had never even heard of it. Must be in a dark spot over there. I probably walked by numerous times.

Good night all it is 2:25 AM here and I lost track of my DIS time. Must sleep. Hope everyone has a good WEDNESDAY! (I got the day right this time).

Ann
Old 04-18-2012, 05:24 AM   #320
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel16 View Post
Hi Gals, Looks like most of us have been working hard to get things in order for the DIS meet.

I am not sure what is happening with us at this moment. I mentioned on the AKL thread that there was a surprise planned for later in October. I don't know what, where or who is involved. But....I have an idea it may be the whole family getting together to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary. I don't know when I will find out?? But I am really hope it will be held at WDW.

I have our trip starting on September 24th at BC CL then we transfer over to AKL CL for a few days, then Shades of Green to save money whole we wait for you all to arrive for the meet. I have a room and the package booked for us at the Swan for Thursday through Saturday.

Now I need to book air fare tomorrow....but DH said to hold off "He would take care of the tickets". He has never in almost 30 years handled anything regarding our travel. So now I am curious!

I am so looking forward to meeing you all in person. I really want a group of us to go to the Ditch for a drink while we are there. I have never been there, had to have Brandi explain to me where it was. I had never even heard of it. Must be in a dark spot over there. I probably walked by numerous times.

Good night all it is 2:25 AM here and I lost track of my DIS time. Must sleep. Hope everyone has a good WEDNESDAY! (I got the day right this time).

Ann
Ann, I wish I was going to meet with everyone, too. I would walk you right over there and introduce you to the Ditch, a.k.a. La Cava.....

You guys will have to have a drink for me and David.

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
dgbg100106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:48 PM   #321
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel16 View Post

Ann
Quote:
Ann, I wish I was going to meet with everyone, too. I would walk you right over there and introduce you to the Ditch, a.k.a. La Cava.....

We are all very familiar with The Ditch and would be delighted to take you there. Every. Day.

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
PNO4TE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 05:53 PM   #322
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
We are all very familiar with The Ditch and would be delighted to take you there. Every. Day.
Absolutely!!

RachelTori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 06:14 PM   #323
dgbg100106

Now I am really jealous... I am going to miss all the fun and drinking at the Ditch...

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
Old 04-18-2012, 08:46 PM   #324
TyRy
Part of the problem is I wear my shorts
It is making me nutty

Quote:
I'm still hoping the new wine bar in Italy won't take ADR's...it'll be another must do!

Quote:
Now I am really jealous... I am going to miss all the fun and drinking at the Ditch...
And we are going to miss you!!!!
Mickey's Hand is Back in my Pocket - A Trippie for Sept/Oct 08 and 1st Trip Home to AKV
Trip of New Phases, Friends & 40 - Sept 09 - CR/AKV
*A Giraffe Meets the Beach - Oct '10 BCV/AKV* *Oct '11 AKV/Poly *1st Birthday Trip and Disney Dream Cruise - Dec '11 AKV* *Oct '12 - 18 days! AKVJ, BWV, AKVK*
*Nov 2013 AKVJ* *Extra May 2014 Trip SSR*
TyRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:37 PM   #325
dgbg100106

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyRy View Post
I'm still hoping the new wine bar in Italy won't take ADR's...it'll be another must do!

And we are going to miss you!!!!

2013 Cruising adventures
Old 04-19-2012, 09:08 AM   #326
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Quote:
Absolutely!!
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyRy View Post
I cannot wait. It will have been a year since we were in WDW. For someone who has had an AP for many, many years and has put said pass to good use, this time span seems like an eternity. I keep hoping Brandi will find a way to scoot down for a quick pop-in weekend trip so we can all get together again. If it doesn't happen the rest of us will just have to find many ways to toast her! I am thinking The Ditch, the Italian wine bar, the Rose & Crown Pub, all the kiosks...

Old 04-20-2012, 08:27 PM   #327
dgbg100106

Quote:
I cannot wait. It will have been a year since we were in WDW. For someone who has had an AP for many, many years and has put said pass to good use, this time span seems like an eternity. I keep hoping Brandi will find a way to scoot down for a quick pop-in weekend trip so we can all get together again. If it doesn't happen the rest of us will just have to find many ways to toast her! I am thinking The Ditch, the Italian wine bar, the Rose & Crown Pub, all the kiosks...
I so wished we could join you all... We will be in Texas while you all are enjoying, the Ditch, The wine bar, and all the kiosks....I will truly miss you all.

2013 Cruising adventures
Old 04-21-2012, 03:00 AM   #328
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Quote:
I so wished we could join you all... We will be in Texas while you all are enjoying, the Ditch, The wine bar, and all the kiosks....I will truly miss you all.

Old 04-25-2012, 12:04 PM   #329
Angel16
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Absolutely!!
Quote:
Quote:
Brandi you are certainly going to be missed However, two things:

1. A friend of mine from Germany has an expression she uses whenever she can't get somewhere on her U.S. trips. She would say "Well WDW and The Ditch are not going anywhere. I will be back and see it then. There will be another time we can all get together.

2. I hang out over on the Beach Club thread. They had a meet sometime back and they had "flat place name here" attending. It was so cute and they looked like they had fun doing it! Brandi, take a great picture of yourself dressed for a Disney day where we would meet up at The Ditch. Blow it up large like two feet tall. Mail it to one of us. When we take pictures you will be there! We can even buy you a drink....umm we will probably be more than happy to drink it for you too!

What does everyone think? I would be happy to buy a round and put "flat Brandi" in a perfect place for a picture.

Ann
Old 04-25-2012, 12:13 PM   #330
Angel16
Mouseketeer

The other night I was cruising on some thread and saw a dining TR from a couple from London. I was going to post a link over here as they did the Swan & Dolphin Food & Wine last year. It was great to see the pictures of the food & drink offerings and their opinions. However, I got called away from my computer and lost the thread. Naturally I had not posted or subscribed to it It was a completed report and I have not been able to find it. If anyone knows the one I am talking about I would love a link. I didn't get past the first couple of items they sampled.

I will continue to try and find it.

Happy Wednesday to everyone!

Ann

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: