Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2012, 07:06 PM   #31
amandaw
DIS Veteran

How exciting that y'all may get to stay longer & stay at one your bucket list resorts! Sending some pixie dust your way that it will all come to fruition!
amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:00 AM   #32
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
How exciting that y'all may get to stay longer & stay at one your bucket list resorts! Sending some pixie dust your way that it will all come to fruition!
Thanks, it's all coming together but in a different way than planned, update coming up with TONS of changes...it's a whole new trip/ptr
June 2004:ASsports -honeymoon Jan 2011: Kidani -Spectrum Moms take on the World March 2011: rental house- boys first trip Sept 2012: AoA-Cars Suite -UFT (ultimate field trip) Sept 2013: AoA-Lion King suite- MNSSHP May 2014:ASsports- Star Wars Weekends December 2014: POP- Tis the season to be jolly

JPFamilyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-14-2012, 09:38 AM   #33
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFamilyMom View Post
Thanks, it's all coming together but in a different way than planned, update coming up with TONS of changes...it's a whole new trip/ptr
Well, as you saw on my PTR, I'm all about changes! I can't wait to hear your changes!
Old 04-15-2012, 07:31 PM   #34
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

I just finally read your latest update... Wow! I can't wait to hear what you decide. I've always been very intrigued by the cabins. I think the thing holding me back is that the largest bed is only a double... that would not work for us. If they ever upgrade the beds to queens, I'm sure we'll stay there. We love the outdoorsy feeling of camping but I'm not sure I'd want to actually camp at Disney. The cabins are the next best thing.

I hope it work out that you can make this change!!
DisMomAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:14 AM   #35
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
I just finally read your latest update... Wow! I can't wait to hear what you decide. I've always been very intrigued by the cabins. I think the thing holding me back is that the largest bed is only a double... that would not work for us. If they ever upgrade the beds to queens, I'm sure we'll stay there. We love the outdoorsy feeling of camping but I'm not sure I'd want to actually camp at Disney. The cabins are the next best thing.

I hope it work out that you can make this change!!
Hi Amy, hope you are having a fabulous time in the world right now. My new update with all the changes coming up next
June 2004:ASsports -honeymoon Jan 2011: Kidani -Spectrum Moms take on the World March 2011: rental house- boys first trip Sept 2012: AoA-Cars Suite -UFT (ultimate field trip) Sept 2013: AoA-Lion King suite- MNSSHP May 2014:ASsports- Star Wars Weekends December 2014: POP- Tis the season to be jolly

Old 04-20-2012, 11:23 AM   #36
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Through a series of fortunate and unfortunate events our trip has taken a new direction. For many different reasons my husband and I have decided I will homeschool our kiddos next year, this lead to a ton of research both for home and for our Disney trip. This research is what has changed our whole trip, and is making this a completely new PTR.
I hope youíll stay on board with all the twists and turns that are formingÖ

Lets begin with our new trip dates. Instead of going to Disney from Thurs Sept 27- Mon Oct 1, we will now go Sunday Sept 2- Sunday Sept 9. Iím excited about getting to add on so many days, and it will definitely help give our trip a slightly more relaxed feel to it, and allow us to feel no pressure to cram everything in. Plus we now will be on the dining plan and are adding a lot more restaurants to the mix. (Joey is very excited about this since he is all about the food)

With the change in dates MNSSHP is out, since it isnít offered that early in the month. This is the only part the boys will be sad about. But a new special event has been added into our trip. Jack and I will attend Night of Joy on one of the evenings. He is very much looking forward to this, and so am I.

As for resorts, we have gone back to our very original plan and are hoping to stay at POP. I say hoping, because the transfer has not been made official yet. Iím now working with a wonderful travel agent, and am waiting for Disney to transfer my reservation to her so she can start working some magic for us.

So join us on this new adventure and see what fun we are planning for our next Disney Adventure.

Old 04-20-2012, 02:22 PM   #37
amandaw
DIS Veteran

First off...I'll give you this........for homeschooling your children. I just don't know that I would have the patience to do that & I only have one! Although, I have considered it!

But, how exciting that you get to add on more Disney time!

I hope all goes well with the reservation transfer & that you are able to get POP! Can't wait to hear more details....
Old 04-24-2012, 10:40 PM   #38
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

It's official, our reservation has been switched, we got a room at POP for Sept 2-9 with 5 day base tickets and free dining, so we are all set and ready to begin the real planning again

I of course already have a General Touring Plan prepared for what park we will visit on what day so I can plug in our dining options since we are now on the Dining Plan. I have 7 TS and 7 QS credits to plan for, hoping to have that sorted out and finalized (yeah right, lets see how many times I change plans) and will book our new dining reservations tomorrow

Lots going on over here in our "real" lives, and tons of list making, planning, and fun in our "Disney" lives, will start sharing some plans soon and am working on a new countdown calendar, since the old one I began preparing was Halloween themed

Old 04-25-2012, 03:49 PM   #39
jmskinner
DIS Veteran

Sounds like I am joining at the right time. I'm disappointed to see that we will just miss each other by a week.

So excited that you are getting to stay longer and enjoy all that food.

And I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that they have an early MNSSHP, we went Labor Day Weekend in 2009. So it is possible.
POR July 2006;POR June 13-21 2008;ASM Sept 26-28 2008;RPR July 14-16, 2009;POR July 16-21 2009;CBR Sept 4-7, 2009, POFQ Thanksgiving 2009, AKKV June 5-6, 2010, POFQ July 2010, AS Sports Sept 2010, POFQ Jan 2011, BLT Feb 2011, POP Apr 2011, SoG May 2011, POR July 2011, POR and POP Aug 2012, CSR Oct 2012, POR Sept 2013

My DH wants another trip to WDW?!?! MNSSHP, F&W, and Diagon Alley A PTR for Sept 2014
jmskinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:41 AM   #40
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmskinner View Post
Sounds like I am joining at the right time. I'm disappointed to see that we will just miss each other by a week.

So excited that you are getting to stay longer and enjoy all that food.

And I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that they have an early MNSSHP, we went Labor Day Weekend in 2009. So it is possible.
Hi Melissa, Welcome. I know when I changed my dates I went back to look at yours and was bummed that I would just miss ya.

Good to know about MNSSHP but I'm not getting my hopes up because they will already have the Night of Joy that Friday and Saturday so Mk will be closing early those two nights for that event. Which we are going to

Update with some dining plans coming up...

Old 05-03-2012, 02:43 PM   #41
jmskinner
DIS Veteran

Saw you were just missing MNSSHP by two days. Sure was hoping you and the boys would get to go. You are still going to have a great time though.
POR July 2006;POR June 13-21 2008;ASM Sept 26-28 2008;RPR July 14-16, 2009;POR July 16-21 2009;CBR Sept 4-7, 2009, POFQ Thanksgiving 2009, AKKV June 5-6, 2010, POFQ July 2010, AS Sports Sept 2010, POFQ Jan 2011, BLT Feb 2011, POP Apr 2011, SoG May 2011, POR July 2011, POR and POP Aug 2012, CSR Oct 2012, POR Sept 2013

My DH wants another trip to WDW?!?! MNSSHP, F&W, and Diagon Alley A PTR for Sept 2014
jmskinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 05:26 PM   #42
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmskinner View Post
Saw you were just missing MNSSHP by two days. Sure was hoping you and the boys would get to go. You are still going to have a great time though.
I noticed that today too, so talking with my Mom about maybe going a day later and staying until the 12 since it's just two days

Old 05-05-2012, 11:48 AM   #43
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

The FOOD

Ok so we have narrowed down our choices for dining and we are pretty excited about what we have put together. And with the possibility of extending our trip two nights we may get to add in two more dining spots, which we have already selected.

Plan #1 with Sept 2-9 dates

*Ohana breakfast (paying out of pocket)- for the yummo factor and to see Stitch
*Captain Jacks lunch- because it's Jack's
*Coral Reef dinner- for an undersea dining adventure
*Sci-fi dinner- to eat in fun cars
*booked at Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner, but will switch to Be Our Guest if they open in Sept- Grandma's choice
*Big River Grille dinner- Grandma's choice
*Wolfgang Puck dinner
*Teppan Edo lunch- for the fun factor

Plan #2 with Sept 3-12 dates

*Ohana breakfast (paying out of pocket)
*Teppan edo lunch
*Coral Reef dinner
*Captain Jacks lunch
*Be our Guest or Liberty Tree Tavern dinner
*Big River Grille (would change to a lunch)
*Sci Fi Dinner
*Cape May Cafe dinner buffet- because it's on our dining bucket list
*Ohana dinner (add on)- because we read so many great reviews

*Wolfgang Puck (change to lunch or might choose something else)
*also considering Garden Grove breakfast (would pay out of pocket)-because the atmosphere looks so cool

So those are our table service dining choices, we are still looking at quick service options and will probably plan for two options each day and then decide on which ones we would eat at while we are there

the only quick service I'm pretty sure we'll eat at is Flame Tree in AK because Jack loves ribs

Old 05-05-2012, 10:09 PM   #44
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party is back in our plan

Changing our travel dates to Sept 3-12 so we can go to the party. Boys will be so excited, though they never knew it was off the table.

Also decided to take Wolfgang puck off our dining list and change it to a Raglan Road reservation

And last bit of news is I think we have now decided to drive down, which makes packing easier... now time to get started on my lists, I have two going so far, but now can start adding some new ones like packing

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: