Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2012, 08:46 PM   #1321
KINGBOBOFTHENORTH
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Roam View Post
Someone told me that even Splitsville is off the board.
The gutting of the interior of the old Virgin store ended about a month ago and work appears to have come to a complete stop. Someone posted a comment on the SPI Blog that maybe financing fell through but I really doubt that. I don't think a project of this magnitude could have begun without all the financing in place. Also, Disney owns the property and does all the construction with the third party vendor paying rent once they move in. So to my knowledge, Splitsville is definitely still coming. Why work has ground to a halt, I can't explain.

As for Splitsville opening Fall, 2012 as they have advertised on their signs, I don't see that happening. But Fall does run until mid-December, so we shall see.

BobK/Orlando
KINGBOBOFTHENORTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 06:42 PM   #1322
KINGBOBOFTHENORTH
DIS Veteran

Latest rumor is that the replacement for Hyperion Wharf (which itself was the replacement for Pleasure Island) may get announced this week. The Disney stockholder meeting is next Tuesday and supposedly there may be an announcement preceding that. More details at my article:
http://www.savepleasureisland.blogsp...placement.html

BobK/Orlando
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-05-2012, 10:23 PM   #1323
Maistre Gracey
Still trying to figure out the mystery of the 'Downy Ball' and the Tag Fairies??!!
Kevin Bacon looks just like me<

Thanks for the update, Bob..
Trying not to get my hopes up, but I can see how that theme could lend itself to the Adventures Club or other fun places.

I know, I know.... Its a pipe dream, but I can dream, right?
MG

Maistre Gracey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 03:39 PM   #1324
KINGBOBOFTHENORTH
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGBOBOFTHENORTH View Post
Latest rumor is that the replacement for Hyperion Wharf (which itself was the replacement for Pleasure Island) may get announced this week. The Disney stockholder meeting is next Tuesday and supposedly there may be an announcement preceding that. More details at my article: http://www.savepleasureisland.blogsp...placement.html
Looks like the annual meeting of Disney Shareholders took place today and there was no announcements and no mention of Pleasure Island/Hyperion Wharf.

BobK/Orlando
Old 03-14-2012, 09:50 PM   #1325
mitros
I'm not nuts, I just appear to be
86 miles from the magic
The Tag Fairy will retire when people don't want anymore tags or she's asked to, whichever comes first :)

Quote:
Looks like the annual meeting of Disney Shareholders took place today and there was no announcements and no mention of Pleasure Island/Hyperion Wharf.

BobK/Orlando
So I guess now we are back to square one?
Old 03-15-2012, 07:42 AM   #1326
BDL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitros View Post
So I guess now we are back to square one?
No. Square one would imply that there was a plan in place.

BDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 05:02 PM   #1327
zorro77
DVC Member Since 93

Have they taken wall down by Fuego Cigar lounge. Would be nice to see the grass and not just the walls.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:11 PM   #1328
KINGBOBOFTHENORTH
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorro77 View Post
Have they taken wall down by Fuego Cigar lounge. Would be nice to see the grass and not just the walls.
No, those walls remain. To view the grass, you have to walk partly down the ramp to the PI ferry boat dock.

Tampa Tribune ran an article about the new Splitsville luxury bowling alley coming to West Side. That can be viewed at:
http://www2.tbo.com/news/attractions...key-ar-381787/

BobK/Orlando
Old 03-22-2012, 08:47 PM   #1329
KINGBOBOFTHENORTH
DIS Veteran

The "adventurers" from Adventurers Club put on a surprise show this morning for Disney's "Earmarked" travel agency group! I've posted a picture and brief article on the Save Pleasure Island Blog:
http://www.savepleasureisland.blogspot.com/

Also, for those that are local and/or visiting this weekend, there is a Pleasure Island Reunion event taking place on Saturday night at Atlantic Dance Hall at Disney's Boardwalk Resort. The DJ will be playing music from all the former PI dance clubs. 10pm-2am. Parking and admission are free.

BobK/Orlando
Old 03-23-2012, 01:38 PM   #1330
anthony2k7
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The "adventurers" from Adventurers Club put on a surprise show this morning for Disney's "Earmarked" travel agency group! I've posted a picture and brief article on the Save Pleasure Island Blog:

Also, for those that are local and/or visiting this weekend, there is a Pleasure Island Reunion event taking place on Saturday night at Atlantic Dance Hall at Disney's Boardwalk Resort. The DJ will be playing music from all the former PI dance clubs. 10pm-2am. Parking and admission are free.

BobK/Orlando
what are they up to?!?! why do they keep putting on these shows for people who may or may not care at all (but of course do actually care), and yet refuse to give the AC back to those who definitely do care and would pay to see the shows?

Its almost like they believe the Adventurers shows are too good for the pesky little guests and must be kept special just for special people!

I'd like to think there is a plan there, but still cant help but think I'm giving Disney too much credit.
anthony2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 09:21 PM   #1331
KINGBOBOFTHENORTH
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony2k7 View Post
I'd like to think there is a plan there, but still cant help but think I'm giving Disney too much credit.
I think they just like to toy with us!

BobK/Orlando
Old 03-27-2012, 02:14 PM   #1332
awdwnut
Mouseketeer

Quote:

BobK/Orlando

It may just be my wishfull thinking, but I am going to try to look at this as a possible good sign.....Come on Disney, bring us back the Adventures Club in some form or fashion!!!

awdwnut

Last edited by awdwnut; 03-27-2012 at 02:31 PM.
awdwnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:51 PM   #1333
Jason71
Brother to pirates and corsairs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by awdwnut View Post
It may just be my wishfull thinking, but I am going to try to look at this as a possible good sign.....
Hate to burst your bubble, but don't. The guy who organized the travel agent event happens to be a huge AdvClub fan (I now this because he posted on the "Save the AC" Facebook group). He's the reason the characters appeared, nothing to do with Disney wanting to put them back in the public focus. To be honest, if I was playing with other people's money planning a WDW event, I'd probably do the same thing. The Club still has fans among cast members--but there is not even a hint of the building being prepared for re-opening or the actors (or other staff) being rehired.
Jason71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 01:21 PM   #1334
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason71 View Post
Hate to burst your bubble, but don't. The guy who organized the travel agent event happens to be a huge AdvClub fan (I now this because he posted on the "Save the AC" Facebook group). He's the reason the characters appeared, nothing to do with Disney wanting to put them back in the public focus. To be honest, if I was playing with other people's money planning a WDW event, I'd probably do the same thing. The Club still has fans among cast members--but there is not even a hint of the building being prepared for re-opening or the actors (or other staff) being rehired.
But one could still hope that some Disney Parks exec of sufficient level would see this, wonder why there was such a response, inquire about it, and then go, "We did WHAT?" and try and fix it...
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:42 PM   #1335
KINGBOBOFTHENORTH
DIS Veteran

Pleasure Island's original logo, the "Funmeister" is back. He's been released on an official Disney pin. Funny how for 3 years Disney wanted no mention of anything to do with their former clubs but since last Fall we've seen the AC characters used in a couple of shows, we've seen the CW crew put on a week's worth of shows between Christmas and New Years, we saw AC's "Colonel" released in Vinylmation and now we see the Funmeister brought back. I love seeing them finally embracing their past!

http://www.savepleasureisland.blogsp...unmeister.html

BobK/Orlando

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: