Happy Valentine's Day!

Hope everyone is having a great one.

Ann
Old 02-18-2012, 06:47 AM   #167
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

I'm home from my week in Tacoma. Saw the sun one day of 7. My body is craving sunshine and now it's cloudy and going to rain in ATL for the next couple days!!

Ft Drum next weekend. That's a short trip - 4 days. I will be at Ft Campbell for 2-1/2 weeks next month. That's going to be a long time away from home.

I'm still trying to figure out when to sneak a WDW trip in (before Sept/Oct) -- I think I am having WDW withdrawals and it doesn't feel good!

Happy weekend!

RachelTori is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-18-2012, 10:51 AM   #168
DisneyBride'03
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
Balcony was great!
The closest I get to "camping" is the campfire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
I'm home from my week in Tacoma. Saw the sun one day of 7. My body is craving sunshine and now it's cloudy and going to rain in ATL for the next couple days!!

Ft Drum next weekend. That's a short trip - 4 days. I will be at Ft Campbell for 2-1/2 weeks next month. That's going to be a long time away from home.

I'm still trying to figure out when to sneak a WDW trip in (before Sept/Oct) -- I think I am having WDW withdrawals and it doesn't feel good!

Happy weekend!
Hope you get some sunshine soon!! )) Something has to give before Sept! Hoping before July when its super hot!
2 1/2 weeks??? (((

I know you are having WDW Withdrawals!
***runDisney***2010 Inaugural Wine & Dine Half~ 2011 WDW Half~2011 Wine & Dine Half ~ 2012 Princess Half~2012 Disneyland Half~2012 Wine & Dine Half~ 2013 Princes Half~2013 Inaugural Dumbo Dare~2013 Wine/Dine

Upcoming: Aulani Feb 2014

1980 Poly~2003 Poly~2003 Poly Fairy Tale Wedding/Grand Floridian~2007 Pop~2007 YC CL DVC Owners ~2007 SSR~2008 BWV/DCL/AKV~2008 OKW~2008 SSR/WL~2008 ASMu/AKV~2009 VWL/BCV~2009 BLT/Swan/Kidani~2009 POFQ/AKL~2010 SSR~ 2010 YC CL/AKV~2011 POFQ~2011 Sports & OKW~2011 Kidani & BCV~ 2011 POFQ ~ 2012 BCV~2012 DL Hotel~2012 BLT/AKV~2013 OKW/BCV~2013 DL Hotel~2013 Pop/SSR
DisneyBride'03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 11:06 AM   #169
DisneyBride'03
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
Balcony was great!
The closest I get to "camping" is the campfire!

Update..checked the last time I was here....the date coincides with family issues I post on FB as an escape....things are better here...had to do with DS18 Laura has been a saint listening to me even though she has been so busy with work

Looking forward to seeing her next weekend... Running isnt therapy enough these days! This too shall pass....kids arent teenagers forever....

I hope everyone here and their loved ones are doing well, feel bad I have been out of touch while I have dealt with my issues.
Funny thing is I was so excited to see 2011 go....that is how the Dec trip started with Laura and I....good riddance! lol Couldnt wait til 2012...what a surprise! lol One day at a time....

YES...BIRTHDAY BRUNCH is still on, I am waiting to 7 mth mark to make my reservations...Im still going to do the Thurs to Monday stay...not sure who is coming yet! lol
I am escaping to DL for the Half over Labor day...I want that Coast2Coast medal and I know it aint happening next year!
Exciting news for me....funny how back in 09 I got a wild hair up my...and thought I could WALK the Inaugural W & D in 2010...which was awesome experience to share with some of you))
Princess will be my 6th Half...I can run now with some walk intervals, but I was selected to do a special meet with Jeff Galloway next Friday in Epcot before it opens for a 2 mile run, it was posted at Disneyparks Blog...
I am looking forward to OCt F & W cause I am NOT racing this time!!!!
Have a good weekend everyone
***runDisney***2010 Inaugural Wine & Dine Half~ 2011 WDW Half~2011 Wine & Dine Half ~ 2012 Princess Half~2012 Disneyland Half~2012 Wine & Dine Half~ 2013 Princes Half~2013 Inaugural Dumbo Dare~2013 Wine/Dine

Upcoming: Aulani Feb 2014

1980 Poly~2003 Poly~2003 Poly Fairy Tale Wedding/Grand Floridian~2007 Pop~2007 YC CL DVC Owners ~2007 SSR~2008 BWV/DCL/AKV~2008 OKW~2008 SSR/WL~2008 ASMu/AKV~2009 VWL/BCV~2009 BLT/Swan/Kidani~2009 POFQ/AKL~2010 SSR~ 2010 YC CL/AKV~2011 POFQ~2011 Sports & OKW~2011 Kidani & BCV~ 2011 POFQ ~ 2012 BCV~2012 DL Hotel~2012 BLT/AKV~2013 OKW/BCV~2013 DL Hotel~2013 Pop/SSR
DisneyBride'03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 12:43 PM   #170
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBride'03 View Post
Update..checked the last time I was here....the date coincides with family issues I post on FB as an escape....things are better here...had to do with DS18 Laura has been a saint listening to me even though she has been so busy with work

Looking forward to seeing her next weekend... Running isnt therapy enough these days! This too shall pass....kids arent teenagers forever....

I hope everyone here and their loved ones are doing well, feel bad I have been out of touch while I have dealt with my issues.
Funny thing is I was so excited to see 2011 go....that is how the Dec trip started with Laura and I....good riddance! lol Couldnt wait til 2012...what a surprise! lol One day at a time....

YES...BIRTHDAY BRUNCH is still on, I am waiting to 7 mth mark to make my reservations...Im still going to do the Thurs to Monday stay...not sure who is coming yet! lol
I am escaping to DL for the Half over Labor day...I want that Coast2Coast medal and I know it aint happening next year!
Exciting news for me....funny how back in 09 I got a wild hair up my...and thought I could WALK the Inaugural W & D in 2010...which was awesome experience to share with some of you))
Princess will be my 6th Half...I can run now with some walk intervals, but I was selected to do a special meet with Jeff Galloway next Friday in Epcot before it opens for a 2 mile run, it was posted at Disneyparks Blog...
I am looking forward to OCt F & W cause I am NOT racing this time!!!!
Have a good weekend everyone
It is about time you made an appearance on the Boards!!! If "life" would just quit getting in the way, right?!!

You've come a LONG way baby since 2009!!

While I was way out west in Washington, all the Disney commercials were for Disneyland -- I'm only used to seeing the WDW commercials!

The 7-month mark for the Jamborini trip will be here in just a few short weeks! I'm still planning to do the Swolphin Food & Wine Classic AND the Jamborini trip, but Airtran will be "gone" by then (looks like late September is the last of the Airtran flights from ATL ) and right now Southwest is showing many locations from Atlanta -- but NOT Orlando??? (how can that be?!)

Old 02-18-2012, 04:45 PM   #171
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

I just checked on my airfare for this trip. We book on frequent flyer miles so we need to book early. However on the trip we had to cancel we had to pay a lot of money to get our miles back. Our flights are available, and if we have a problem this year, we'll have four months to use them again before they expire, so I think I'm going to book the airfare today!
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 06:03 PM   #172
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
I just checked on my airfare for this trip. We book on frequent flyer miles so we need to book early. However on the trip we had to cancel we had to pay a lot of money to get our miles back. Our flights are available, and if we have a problem this year, we'll have four months to use them again before they expire, so I think I'm going to book the airfare today!
Booking airfare is always good! Makes the trip seem so much more real!
Old 02-18-2012, 06:33 PM   #173
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post

Old 02-18-2012, 06:38 PM   #174
franandaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Quote:

Ohmigosh! I ended up getting the flight I wanted and seats we wanted, but it ends up I got the last two rewards seats on that flight. I about had a panic attack when my computer froze up. I went to rebook them and they were gone! But that was because I was holding them. It all worked out in the end, but I had a very stressful 20-30 mins trying to work it all out!
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

Old 02-19-2012, 06:45 AM   #175
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Glad you got your air transportation all taken care of Alison! That is the one thing that would keep us from WDW this year, I am afraid. Our closest airports are over an hour away and are in DC, Baltimore and Richmond. The fares from all four of the airports has always been high, but now it is even worse. And with gas approaching $4 a gallon, driving is really not much of an option anymore. I looked into the Auto Train (which Bob and I loved back in 1996) but it is astronomical too!

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
PNO4TE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 10:17 AM   #176
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
dgbg100106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 11:03 AM   #177
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
Glad you got your air transportation all taken care of Alison! That is the one thing that would keep us from WDW this year, I am afraid. Our closest airports are over an hour away and are in DC, Baltimore and Richmond. The fares from all four of the airports has always been high, but now it is even worse. And with gas approaching $4 a gallon, driving is really not much of an option anymore. I looked into the Auto Train (which Bob and I loved back in 1996) but it is astronomical too!
The Airtran/Southwest merger/buy-out/whatever-you-call-it has totally messed up the fares out of ATL. The lowest fare I can find ATL to MCO is $136 ONE WAY -- they're charging Delta fares. I already know for sure I'll be cutting back on the number of WDW trips!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
Hey there, Brandi!! Glad to see you back here! We missed you!

Old 02-19-2012, 01:06 PM   #178
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

Quote:
The Airtran/Southwest merger/buy-out/whatever-you-call-it has totally messed up the fares out of ATL. The lowest fare I can find ATL to MCO is $136 ONE WAY -- they're charging Delta fares. I already know for sure I'll be cutting back on the number of WDW trips!!

Hey there, Brandi!! Glad to see you back here! We missed you!
Laura, those prices are just not fair...

I missed all of you too, it is good to be home, but reality hit when I had to make my own bed this morning and get my own tea.... Ughh, I need to be pampered...

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
dgbg100106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 01:08 PM   #179
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:

I missed all of you too, it is good to be home, but reality hit when I had to make my own bed this morning and get my own tea.... Ughh, I need to be pampered...
So when is your next cruise?!!

Old 02-19-2012, 01:39 PM   #180
franandaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
Approaching $4? You don't live in CA!

Quote:
That's too bad. I know we wouldn't be going as often if we didn't have our miles from the credit cards. Flights for us are $600 each way and that is for coach!

Quote:

Make the bed? People still do that at home?

Welcome back to the rest of our worlds! Glad you're back!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: