Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2012, 03:21 PM   #16
nightshaderose
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

So I'm back in Seattle now. I've mostly gotten Day 5 written up, and it will be posted as soon as I get the pics slotted in. One of the big things I've learned this trip is that if I want to do any serious writing while I'm traveling, I need to get a keyboard for the iPad.

VACATION RULE #3
Touring plans are like boyfriends. They’re useful and comforting to have around, and they can often make the difference between the day being a disaster or a success, but you have to be willing to ditch them if they’re not making you happy.

'86: one day at Epcot with family; fall '04:5-day Pop All Hallows/F&WF; Jan/Feb '08: 7-day unintended "farewell to Pop Century" trip. (OMG we bought DVC!!); May '08: 4-day Grand Californian; Nov '08: 4-day F&WF trip to BCV (and a Dream Squad member changed my life); Jan/Feb '10: 5 days @ BWV + 3 days @ AKV club; Dec '10: solstice trip, 3 days AKV Jambo + 3 days BWV; Jan '12: Wow, I'm the first to graduate from my Jewelry Design Program! 4 days BLT, 4 days AKV-CL; Jan '13: 3 days BLT, 4 days AKV-Jambo
Old 02-03-2012, 04:05 PM   #17
nightshaderose
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Day 5: AKA Moving Day, AKA Tour Day

AKA day of early morning KTTK tour. Actually, I didn't have to get up any earlier than I had been, since I was so close to MK.Nonetheless, I got to see them bringing out one of the ferryboats from my window.

I got there early, the guys were almost late. We were difficult and had them change names on the name tags (mine had my legal first name, and JP's had his whole non-abbreviated name, slightly misspelled). The tour got underway just on time. Our guide was Robert, and he was awesome and energetic.

We had a great time and learned a lot. Particularly entertaining was watching "The Running of the Tourists" at park opening time. We got back-doored onto the Jungle Cruise before lunch and Haunted Mansion afterward. Speaking of lunch, CHH was reasonably tasty,
(this is about half of my fried shrimp basket.)
and the bell-ringing town crier was a hoot!

Somewhere mid-tour, I realized that I'd left my water bottle in the kitchenette back at bay lake, so when we were free again, I ran over to see if lost/found had it. The keeper of found things was at lunch, so the desk guy said if they found it he'd send it over to AKL. for me. I went back to MK. I ended up meeting the guys in Tomorrowland, after they'd gotten a space mountain FP and I'd gotten one for Buzz Lightyear, and we'd both ridden TTA. We did Buzz once as a group and then split up to do our respective FP's. Now that I'm starting to get decent at TSMM, Buzz isn't nearly as fun as it used to be. We met up again after since it was getting on toward tea time. On the way out of Tomorrowland, JP had to dodge a very serious stroller-pusher, and referred to it as "playing Super Mario Stroller". We did eventually make it out.
So, Tea Time. The guys were suitably impressed with the GF lobby. We got to relax in it for a bit while we were waiting for our table. I like that they still switch off between the piano and the band all afternoon, but I did notice that the band was a lot more mellow than last night when I was at Mizner's. Our table came up and we had an excellent tea. When asked what I was celebrating, I gave my standard answer (very first person to graduate from the jewelry design program at my college), and was given a rose for my accomplishment. JP ended up getting a custom tea blend mixed for him. All was tasty, and much fun was had.
Finally, it's time to go check in over at AKL. We take the bus over, I send the guys to fetch the bags from bell services while I hunt up someone to tell club level that we're here. It turns out that they accidentally sent their bags to Kidani, so only mine are available to get at the moment. We go up, start snacking, and check in. We get into the room, and it's not like the other 1brs I've been in. I don't quite get to figure out the room because I get distracted by the bag on the table with my name on it. It contains another celebration button with graduation written on it, a congratulatory note from the CL staff, a carved wood pen with an elephant on it and a blank book made of elephant poo (poo paper is interesting stuff).

I'm suitably impressed. I finally figure out the room when I go into the bathroom: it's the wheelchair accessible room. Sadly, this is a little less convenient for us since that means no kitchen island and only one sink, but it's a nice, big room anyway.
We only have about half an hour to breathe before its time to turn around and go back to Seven Seas Lagoon for Wishes from the Poly beach, followed by 'Ohana. We made the dock just in time for the fireworks, so the planned Lapu Lapu had to be put off till afterward. Fair enough. The rum-filed pineapples were had at the bar before being called for our table.

It was a great table, by the way. View of the castle and everything. The food was fantastic and we stuffed ourselves. The guys were amused that they showed you the bread pudding first, until they saw the actual amount of food that came to the table. After dinner, we were stuffed and tired, so it was back to the room to crash.

VACATION RULE #3
Touring plans are like boyfriends. They’re useful and comforting to have around, and they can often make the difference between the day being a disaster or a success, but you have to be willing to ditch them if they’re not making you happy.

'86: one day at Epcot with family; fall '04:5-day Pop All Hallows/F&WF; Jan/Feb '08: 7-day unintended "farewell to Pop Century" trip. (OMG we bought DVC!!); May '08: 4-day Grand Californian; Nov '08: 4-day F&WF trip to BCV (and a Dream Squad member changed my life); Jan/Feb '10: 5 days @ BWV + 3 days @ AKV club; Dec '10: solstice trip, 3 days AKV Jambo + 3 days BWV; Jan '12: Wow, I'm the first to graduate from my Jewelry Design Program! 4 days BLT, 4 days AKV-CL; Jan '13: 3 days BLT, 4 days AKV-Jambo
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-06-2012, 12:26 AM   #18
nightshaderose
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

SO, I was planning on finishing and posting the write-up of day 6 this evening, but that is not to be. I was out sailing with some friends and had a bit of an accident* that resulted in an emergency room visit, many tiny stitches on my forehead, and a nasty headache, so I can't really concentrate on the writing.
So instead, y'all get my Toy Story Midway Mania scores for this trip.

1/28
9:15am
Score: 144,700
Accuracy: 29%
12:00 pm
Score: 152,300
Acc: 36%
Best in vehicle!
2:00pm
Score: 156,800
Acc: 48%

1/31
3:00pm
Score: 165,500
Acc: 42%

2/1
5:10pm
Score: 137,400
Acc: 33%
Best in vehicle!

*The "Official" story is that we were attacked by pirates on the high seas (of Lake Union) and I gained my head wound while valiantly defending the boat. The actual story is that just after we had tied up back at the home dock after dinner, I tripped and went head first into a winch (big round piece of metal) on the deck , and proceeded to bleed all over the place. The friend who owns the boat ran me to the ER, while the others stayed behind to clean up. I have profusely thanked everyone for their assistance. I'm also mildly disappointed that, for all the blood and stitches, this isn't likely to result in an awesome scar to make up stories about.

VACATION RULE #3

Tags
graduation, magical moments, ptr

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: