Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2012, 07:20 AM   #121
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Tell JD to go to the doctor!!! (I need a "hands on the hip" smiley here!)

Sounds like the folks over at S&D are realizing their mistake... wonder how many people canceled their reservations?

I had planned to book BWV with a friend's rented points yesterday. We had almost finalized the transaction when I heard from the surgical center where Bob's cataract surgery is scheduled for next week. They will let us know "the afternoon before his surgery" how much money we owe them. In advance. Well! That was a surprise to us. Could be a lot, I am told. So... no changes to any WDW plans at this point. Maybe after the dust settles!

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
PNO4TE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 09:38 AM   #122
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
Tell JD to go to the doctor!!! (I need a "hands on the hip" smiley here!)

Sounds like the folks over at S&D are realizing their mistake... wonder how many people canceled their reservations?

I had planned to book BWV with a friend's rented points yesterday. We had almost finalized the transaction when I heard from the surgical center where Bob's cataract surgery is scheduled for next week. They will let us know "the afternoon before his surgery" how much money we owe them. In advance. Well! That was a surprise to us. Could be a lot, I am told. So... no changes to any WDW plans at this point. Maybe after the dust settles!
Elin,

This is for you ...

Sending Pixie Dust for the surgery.

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
dgbg100106 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-18-2012, 10:21 AM   #123
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
Elin,

This is for you ...

Sending Pixie Dust for the surgery.
He is just perfect, Brandi!! I hope Laura shows it to JD!!

Old 01-18-2012, 12:28 PM   #124
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
He is just perfect, Brandi!! I hope Laura shows it to JD!!
You mean JD, the stubborn old goat?!!

Anything to avoid going to the doctor -- he actually "willed" himself to be better!!

I can tell its genuine though so we'll let him off the hook this time. If he so much as mentions an ache or pain in the few months, I'll drag his butt to the doctor!!

RachelTori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 01:20 PM   #125
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Hey, I don't know how I missed this thread being started. I just found out from Brandi yesterday that they had changed the dates of the Swolphin Classic.

I second the CRAP! (or third or fourth it!) I can't really change my dates either because it would put us with two trips in September that would be too close.

I will be on Disney Property starting the 12th and would love to join in on any festivities catching up on the tail end of the Jamborini Celebration!
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 01:31 PM   #126
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Hey, I don't know how I missed this thread being started. I just found out from Brandi yesterday that they had changed the dates of the Swolphin Classic.

I second the CRAP! (or third or fourth it!) I can't really change my dates either because it would put us with two trips in September that would be too close.

I will be on Disney Property starting the 12th and would love to join in on any festivities catching up on the tail end of the Jamborini Celebration!
Great! Right now the only thing planned (and it's a biggie!) is Diana's birthday brunch on the 13th. Time and place TBD, but most likely an Epcot resort or AKV!

Old 01-19-2012, 07:08 PM   #127
Angel16
Member of the 'Jambo! WildBunch'
Mouseketeer

Well, well, well......well CRAP! I have been out of town due to a family death and have not been on the DIS. Now I sign in and find that S&D changed the dates!

Now, what? I guess cancel the Dolphin to start with.

We were going to meet family at WDW to celebrate our 30th anniversary in October . But we were going to be solo for the Jamborini meet and I so wanted to meet you all and do the S&D food thing (so upset can't remember the name). I have to talk to my DH and family.

Darn it anyway!

Angel16
Old 01-19-2012, 07:43 PM   #128
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel16 View Post
Well, well, well......well CRAP! I have been out of town due to a family death and have not been on the DIS. Now I sign in and find that S&D changed the dates!

Now, what? I guess cancel the Dolphin to start with.

We were going to meet family at WDW to celebrate our 30th anniversary in October . But we were going to be solo for the Jamborini meet and I so wanted to meet you all and do the S&D food thing (so upset can't remember the name). I have to talk to my DH and family.

Darn it anyway!

Angel16
Sorry to hear about the death in your family.

You should still come in October! The S&D Food and Wine Classic won't be there, but some of us Js & Ks will be!

Old 01-19-2012, 10:00 PM   #129
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
Great! Right now the only thing planned (and it's a biggie!) is Diana's birthday brunch on the 13th. Time and place TBD, but most likely an Epcot resort or AKV!
That sounds like fun! I saw the champagne selection a few pages back, I don't think we get that out in California, I've never seen it before. I'll have to go easy on the brunch, I want to sign up for the Grand Mariner Tasting at 2:30PM that day since I had to cancel last year, I hope that they offer it again!
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 06:44 AM   #130
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
That sounds like fun! I saw the champagne selection a few pages back, I don't think we get that out in California, I've never seen it before. I'll have to go easy on the brunch, I want to sign up for the Grand Mariner Tasting at 2:30PM that day since I had to cancel last year, I hope that they offer it again!
It is a decent bubbly... can be used for so many thing besides just drinking! Added to sangria instead of club soda, etc.

And... the Grand Marnier thingy is loads of fun. And loads of alcohol! I wasn't sure Laura and I were going to be able to walk out of Bistro in a straight line.

Old 01-20-2012, 06:58 AM   #131
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
It is a decent bubbly... can be used for so many thing besides just drinking! Added to sangria instead of club soda, etc.

And... the Grand Marnier thingy is loads of fun. And loads of alcohol! I wasn't sure Laura and I were going to be able to walk out of Bistro in a straight line.
How true!

Definitely a fun event!!

I guess we'll have to wait until July or August (if history repeats ) to find out which paid events are available for our October dates.

One of my friends keeps raving about the French Regional Lunch so I may have to look into that for this trip!

Old 01-20-2012, 02:37 PM   #132
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Quote:
How true!

Definitely a fun event!!

I guess we'll have to wait until July or August (if history repeats ) to find out which paid events are available for our October dates.

One of my friends keeps raving about the French Regional Lunch so I may have to look into that for this trip!
I have heard nothing but great things about most of the Frunch(s)... some are better than others. But I would love to do one this year if we can work it out.

Old 01-20-2012, 03:17 PM   #133
Angel16
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Sorry to hear about the death in your family.

You should still come in October! The S&D Food and Wine Classic won't be there, but some of us Js & Ks will be!

Thank you Laura for your kind words Sorry, I was just so disappointed with the date change. I have notified the family and DH and I are talking about dates and which resort to stay at. I know it will all work out

So the dates stand for the Jamborini meet?

Angel16
Old 01-20-2012, 03:41 PM   #134
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
I have heard nothing but great things about most of the Frunch(s)... some are better than others. But I would love to do one this year if we can work it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel16 View Post
Thank you Laura for your kind words Sorry, I was just so disappointed with the date change. I have notified the family and DH and I are talking about dates and which resort to stay at. I know it will all work out

So the dates stand for the Jamborini meet?

Angel16
As of now, the dates stand for the Meet. It might be a smaller group than originally planned, but it will still be a fun time!

DH and I are still planning to make it down for S&D Food/Wine Classic 9/28-29 (as are Brandi & David) - but that's not a definite for us. Oct 7-14 is.

I'm leaving in the morning for 2 weeks at Ft Bragg. I will check in here when I can. I don't want any more surprises like what happened when I was at Ft Carson, OK? (the S&D dates changing! )

Old 01-20-2012, 03:43 PM   #135
Angel16
Mouseketeer

Quote:
(I need a "hands on the hip" smiley here!)

Elin, Sending prayers and wishes for a super great surgery for Bob. Also hope the money they want in advance is a small amount.

Angel16

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: